Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is Alan Hunter?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Exclamation .....................................

Originally posted by fonzi
    he's just another verson of Tom The Gom.
    Well .... they are both as mad as a sack of badges !!

*Adam .... any chance of get a pic of a mad cow in the smilies selection

Something like this ..... http://student.biology.arizona.edu/h...staringcow.gif
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Exclamation ...........................................

Does anyone have a pic of Alan Hunter .... seriously !!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    on the general subject of ... well all this ... does anyone know what happened to Michael Nugent? He was everywhere on the TV/radio a couple of years back representing an Irish/Eircom league supporters/interest groups. Those who are familiar with that other message board, the network 54 one .. will remember him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Exclamation .....................................

Originally posted by macdermesser
    on the general subject of ... well all this ... does anyone know what happened to Michael Nugent? He was everywhere on the TV/radio a couple of years back representing an Irish/Eircom league supporters/interest groups. Those who are familiar with that other message board, the network 54 one .. will remember him
    He is still a Bohs fan ..... I thought at the time he spoke loads of sense but i think he was a bit ahead of his time. The people who he approached just couldn't see the bigger picture. Shame really !!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Originally posted by A face
    Does anyone have a pic of Alan Hunter .... seriously !!
    Someone help please. I keep picturing that Ipswich defender that played for the North.
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts

Re: .....................................

Originally posted by A face
    He is still a Bohs fan ..... I thought at the time he spoke loads of sense but i think he was a bit ahead of his time. The people who he approached just couldn't see the bigger picture. Shame really !!
    I think most people saw him as a political chancer.... Where is he now if he was really so concerned?
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

He started off well ... taking a lot of time to answer questions on the message board .. and I thought that the many progressive contributions (at that time anyway) on the EL Messageboard, were going to get some publicity, and a wider audience .. and that he was going to represent us, and fight for the cause. But then he just disappeared ... I don't live in the country, so I was wondering if he was still appearing on TV or wheeled out for Questions and Answers and the like.

I think most people saw him as a political chancer.... Where is he now if he was really so concerned?

I see he has a webpage and is he is now a "number one best selling author" ...

http://www.happying.com/
    Last edited by macdermesser; 16/12/2003 at 1:16 PM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Biographical Details

Born in 1961, Michael Nugent lives in Dublin, Ireland, with his partner Anne Holliday and their five cats. The Irish Times has profiled him as “witty, bright, articulate and hardworking… a bundle of energy and talent... fellow students remember him as a brilliant academic...” He is a number one bestselling writer, and has spent years studying happiness.

Michael is also a peace and social campaigner. He co-founded the Irish Peace Train. As chair of New Consensus, he led mass peace rallies and, with others, picketed and chained himself to the office gates of paramilitary front-groups.

Barking...

He is active in neighbourhood watch and community groups. In 1999 he ran for election with Fine Gael, Ireland's second-largest political party.

...and a blueshirt. No wonder his name ends up on the same thread as Alan Hunter.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I think its unfair to include Nugent with the likes of Hunter.

I think Nugent may have meant well or he was a political chancer. He did seemed to be at least hold a reasonable discussion although easy enough to catch him on questions he couldn't answer. Nugent has however disappeared off the football map once the Sky Sports issue was "resolved".
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Originally posted by pete
    I think its unfair to include Nugent with the likes of Hunter.

I think Nugent may have meant well or he was a political chancer. He did seemed to be at least hold a reasonable discussion although easy enough to catch him on questions he couldn't answer. Nugent has however disappeared off the football map once the Sky Sports issue was "resolved".
    OK. OK. I'm being cruel to get a few cheap laughs. I've never heard him speak, unlike Hunter. It's just the 'studying happiness' bit that tickled me. Sounds like that Scientology lot with their 'personality tests'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Exclamation ...........................................

Originally posted by lopez
    Biographical Details

Born in 1961, Michael Nugent lives in Dublin, Ireland, with his partner Anne Holliday and their five cats. The Irish Times has profiled him as “witty, bright, articulate and hardworking… a bundle of energy and talent... fellow students remember him as a brilliant academic...” He is a number one bestselling writer, and has spent years studying happiness.

Michael is also a peace and social campaigner. He co-founded the Irish Peace Train. As chair of New Consensus, he led mass peace rallies and, with others, picketed and chained himself to the office gates of paramilitary front-groups.

Barking...

He is active in neighbourhood watch and community groups. In 1999 he ran for election with Fine Gael, Ireland's second-largest political party.

...and a blueshirt. No wonder his name ends up on the same thread as Alan Hunter.
    Man, all that is blurb ..... to flog a book he wrote ...... cant knock him for that.

Barking ..... Bin charges .... are they barking too ??

And blue shirt thing .... man, that is your own opinion. But look at the other end .... just take for example .... oh say anyone .... at random ..... Like Conor ..... Now there is a flip side that would scare the sh!te outta anyone !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12