Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funniest Away trip stories.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Funniest Away trip stories.

Ok there is a thread going on ybig about funniest away trip stories. So anybody got any ones they want to share.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Not my own but I read this today on the RTE website and thought it was quite funny.....

http://www.rte.ie/travel/2009/0312/bari.html
    I recall two trams in Basle, jam-packed with Irish fans, both travelling in different directions. Both sets of fans were pointing at the others, telling them they were going in the wrong direction. As it turned out, I was on the wrong one and just managed to get on the other tram before it took off.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The wcq in paris for the 2006 world cup.. fantastic trip. great result(the match that is) . funiest moment . 2 irish lads on a french mans push bike cyclying up the train. while it was moving at 8am.. classic

International Prospect Green Tribe's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    great thread going on ybig, i'm sure this one will fill up quick.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Italia ninety...we wee coralled by the cops ...all the fans started going Baa Baa....cops couldn't stop laughing....quality
    Bring back the plank

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    There was a book out called " Whats the story" which had a few funny tales and some not so funny. One of my favoutites was the half finished wall in Sicily done by two Italian bricklayers who took off for a siesta having not done very much work. Two Irish brickies watching from a bar across the road ran over and finished off the wall in no time ,returning back to the bar lauging their asses off at the two returning Italians scratching their heads and looking around trying to figure out what had happened.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Only a recent trip for the Wales match in Cardiff the group of us ended up splitting up at some stage on the night after the game. Myself and one of the lads were getting cover from the rain under a shelter and got talking to 2 girls. To cut a long story short we got invited back to one of the girls apartments and we had a few cans there listening to the radio. Then came the blackout and I woke up the next morning in a pink bed. I looked beside me and my mate was there under the cover. The girl that was renting the apartment was across the room asleep on the couch. Not what we had planned.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    mildly funny but one that sticks in my head, at the Euro qualifier v Germany in Stuttgart 2006, was getting a taxi back to the hotel at about 5am and remember changing the gears for the taxi driver while my mate was chanting "fussball! fussball!" in the back seat. idiots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Eifel Tower, Paris 04, enough said!
    Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    There was a book out called " Whats the story" which had a few funny tales and some not so funny. One of my favoutites was the half finished wall in Sicily done by two Italian bricklayers who took off for a siesta having not done very much work. Two Irish brickies watching from a bar across the road ran over and finished off the wall in no time ,returning back to the bar lauging their asses off at the two returning Italians scratching their heads and looking around trying to figure out what had happened.
    "What's the story" had a few funny tales alright.

There's one about a lad who was at Euro 88.

After the historic victory over England - this lad was out to celebrate. Obviously, went on the absolute slaughter and ended up in a brothel.

He woke up the next morning and attempted to bail on the prostitute without paying.

On opening the bedroom door, the prostitute woke up suddenly and roared "Vot about my Marks!!!!!!!"

"10 outta 10", came the reply as the Irish fan legged it...........
    Quoting years at random since 1975

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Jesus lads the thread on YBIG is full of stories and it even had lots of people saying this is way better than "Whats the Story". The best we can do is quotes from "whats the story".
    In Trap we trust

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Did not realise it was a contest with YBIG

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    On the train to Sttugart with a strange mix of irish fans - all Dubliners (the head honcho was a gas character called "Jockser" - of all names), and sound Sligo guys. Was great craic. We all stormed onto the train and took our seats only to be told by a very irate German ticket guy that we were all sitting in first class - i tell you it took him ages to push us onto the second class direction - which was made easier when he told us they were selling beer in that direction
    The usual stuff on trains, etc
    Was a german woman the spit of Gail in coronation street - we all started humming the theme tune and giving her the high 5's - poor woman didnt know what the feck was going on
    Also Jockser dropping his pants on arrival at stuttgart was hilarious

the world cup in korea was mad too - having olympic luge competitons down "Hooker Hill" at 4 in the morning, playing Gaa in downtown soeul, having arm wrestling comps with Koreans, etc etc etc etc

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    On the train between Bratislava and Prague, when the train had stopped to re-supply and some bloke got everyones slovak money and gave it to a bemused looking bum on the platform.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    The amount of stories from the WC in 02 is unreal.

Mates of ours quoted on the front of the Indo saying "We're staying in a brothel" in relation to Soeul prior to Spain game. Cue very angry phone calls from wives. I was there, but I wasn't quoted.

Falling through the paper walls of a ryokan(Japanese traditonal inn) and the cost of the damage

Dipolmatic incidents of wearing toilet slippers outside the toilet in Japan

Staying in a nudist camp for the Stuttgart 06 trip

Missing the second leg of the Turkey playoff due to a "ferry incident"

Meeting the convicted sheep shaggers in the Faroes.

The temperance hotel in the Faroes, the look of the faces when the boys found out it was non drinking.

"Ten men in a room" in Denmark

Nearly getting a hiding in Scotland after Kerr's first game, as I wasn't republican enough.

Jees, I'm only getting started here..........
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Jimmy Magee in Cologne during Euro88 getting called by 2 drunk Irish fans "Mr. Memory Man, Mr Memory Man" - he goes over to them. "Mr. Memory Man, we have a question for you - where's our F^&king hotel?"

2 Irish fans couldn't remmeber the name of their hotel in Stuttgart but did write down the street name - none of the locals appeared to know where "einbahnstrasse" was until they were told in perfect English "Yes gentleman I can see your hotel is on a one way street but which one I don't know".

WC94 - The morning after the Italy match we were flying down to Florida. Team Ireland blanked Team Italy one to zip was the extent of the match report in the day's paper at the bottom of page 9 of the sports section. So most of the locals didn't even know there was a match on. However the Gay olympics were the main event in New york that weekend with full coverage. We checked in late as the locals had kept the bars open all night and it would have been rude to leave. We were all in middle seats and my mate from Cork in an Ireland T shirt, tricolour shorts and green socks had been chatting to the lady beside him. she did most of the talking explaining she was going down to visit her daughter in florida etc etc. He announced that he was part of a group from Ireland that had travelled to New York to compete in the Gay olympics. "I'd figured that all right" was the reply in all seriousness. Some of us had overheard it and collapsed laughing. He still hasn't lived it down.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    World Cup 94 - Following Ireland v Mexico game

After the game, some Irish and Mexican fans were mingled together outside the stadium.

Sets of fans began swapping jersey's, flags etc etc.

One of the lads was decked out in a Penny's imitation Ireland Jersey. This lad figured it would be a clever stroke to swap his cheap Ireland jersey with a proper Official Mexican one for posterity.

He approached a bloke in a Mexican jersey and sincerely enquired - "Would ye like to swap jerseys?"

"Feck off you!!" came the reply. "That's a bleedin Penney's Jersey ye tight C*nt!!!!!"

He was Irish!!
    Quoting years at random since 1975

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sleeping in a public park somewhere in southern Italy in 1990 and it started to rain. Or so we thought, but it was the sprinkler system that had started during the night. We got some soaking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    World Cup 94 - Following Ireland v Mexico game

After the game, some Irish and Mexican fans were mingled together outside the stadium.

Sets of fans began swapping jersey's, flags etc etc.

One of the lads was decked out in a Penny's imitation Ireland Jersey. This lad figured it would be a clever stroke to swap his cheap Ireland jersey with a proper Official Mexican one for posterity.

He approached a bloke in a Mexican jersey and sincerely enquired - "Would ye like to swap jerseys?"

"Feck off you!!" came the reply. "That's a bleedin Penney's Jersey ye tight C*nt!!!!!"

He was Irish!!

I swaped my Pennys top for a genuine Japanese grey away jersey in 02, does that make me a tight **** or a lucky *******
    Fair Play died Nov 18th 2009, Stade Francais.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    How could anybody find a Japanese fan that is the same size as us.
    In Trap we trust

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast