Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trap's 70th Birthday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I wonder does Trap still hope to pull a foreign bird on the away trips and hope to get her waking up the next morning in an Ireland jersey.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Id say he's happy with Manuela for now

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/ne...i+still+hungry

Interview with Trap on fifa site. See comment from Bulgarian guy, he hopes Italy and Montenegro "blast" us!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy View Post
    http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/ne...i+still+hungry

Interview with Trap on fifa site. See comment from Bulgarian guy, he hopes Italy and Montenegro "blast" us!!
    Aye, and the choking comment is very apt in the week that it is. A Welshman disguised as a Bulgarian, perhaps.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD View Post
    I wonder does Trap still hope to pull a foreign bird on the away trips and hope to get her waking up the next morning in an Ireland jersey.
    No, Trapp doesn't go for the classy ball playing types in an Ireland shirt, much prefers big hoofers in the green shirt instead!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the doc View Post
    No, Trapp doesn't go for the classy ball playing types in an Ireland shirt, much prefers big hoofers in the green shirt instead!
    Hi Sean! Back again are we?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    You should really give it a rest.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    "I am happy for the birthday present but I don’t want to speak about this," Trapattoni quipped. "In my mind I am 20 years old – especially when I look at the beautiful girls."
    You've got to love the Trap, the guy is an absolute legend.
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    You should really give it a rest.
    Why? This is a fans forum, where we give our opinions!

So you are putting your faith in a 70 year old man, with his best years behind him, who listens too much to our wonderful U21 manager!

When my Grandaddie was 70 we wouldn't trust him with a box of matches!

Trapp has no plan "B" and we have got away with it in games so far, but what happens should we get an injury to Dunne or OShea?

He will bring in a Sunderland reserve player, a bit part player for Celtic or even worse an Ipswich CB, who regularly gets caught out of position and done for pace by Championship forwards.

Well if thats what you want, second best then don't come on here moaning when it all goes pear shaped.

Trapp has no plans for the future, so I pity the next manager who has to pick up the pieces.

I firmly believe we are going backwards with Trapp, but you like lots on here have become blinkered by the prospect of qualifying for the World Cup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    You cant argue with results doc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    762 Posts
    It's a threaded forum. This is a thread for birthday wishes.

So you are putting your faith in a 70 year old man, with his best years behind him, who listens too much to our wonderful U21 manager!
    Who on earth are you to judge he's past it?

When mine was 70, I saw him survive an encounter with an angry bull which had gotten loose, stay up all night for a calving and discuss politics intelligently with my father.

I find your ageism offensive, and tactical discussions are better left to other threads.
    You can't spell failure without FAI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,376 Posts
    I firmly believe we are going backwards with Trapp, but you like lots on here have become blinkered by the prospect of qualifying for the World Cup.
    erm, how is the prospect of qualifying for the World Cup going backwards?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Trapp has no plans for the future, so I pity the next manager who has to pick up the pieces.

Firstly, Trapp was hired with the specific purpose of qualifying us for the World Cup. From day one - all of his dealings with the team have been to achieve that end.

We're going backwards? Have you any recollection of Staunon's tenure? The team was rudderless, demoralised and in danger of free falling into terminal decline.

Trapp, to his eternal credit, made an immediate impact on at least steadying the ship. We've an identifiable game plan. He has re-instilled some much needed organisation and a unity of purpose.

He has made some pragmatic decisions - not to everyones liking - but he is consistent in his approach and the players know what is required of them.

The jury is still out in relation to how we fare against the likes of Bulgaria and Italy but to suggest we've gone backwards under his tenure is laughable.
    Quoting years at random since 1975

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    And you'll find plenty of threads to express your opinions. This, however, is a thread specifically for the expressing of birthday wishes to the man. Nothing more.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,922 Posts
    Buon compleanno a Trapattoni

and long live the catenaccio.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Best years behind him? He's doing a pretty good job thus far. And even if his best days were behind him he's twice the man than anyone else we could get to do the job.
    That says a lot about you/your family than it does the highly intelligent Trapattoni.

Trapp has no plan "B" and we have got away with it in games so far, but what happens should we get an injury to Dunne or OShea?

He will bring in a Sunderland reserve player, a bit part player for Celtic or even worse an Ipswich CB, who regularly gets caught out of position and done for pace by Championship forwards.
    You talk as if a Preston f**king North End player is in a different league to a bloke highly rated by Celtic, an ex-Man Utd youth team captain and current Premier League squad player and an Ipswich Town player.

Why would Trap have plans for the future? All he should be doing is looking to Summer 2010, after thats out of the way all he should look at is 2012. He's not here to nurture talent like a club manager or U-21 manager might, he only has about 10 games a year to work with, the focus should be on getting results.

And you believe Trap is taking us backwards Yeah what a terrible position we're currently in considering the pathetic spineless performances from the last campaign, when we had a joke of a manager who'd call up all and sundry, such as your beloved Sean.

As an aside, are you allowed tell people to f**k off on this forum or does that constitute personal abuse?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    "Hoofers"? I thought he said "Big Hooters", more Trapp's style.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Esse Quam Videri

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post
    You talk as if a Preston f**king North End player is in a different league to a bloke highly rated by Celtic, an ex-Man Utd youth team captain and current Premier League squad player and an Ipswich Town player.
    Well technically he is in another league to 2 of them, and ability wise far superior to all 3 of them.

Highly rated! ODea has spent most of the time on the bench, O'Dea, would stuggle to get regular games in an English championship team,the SPL is lower English Championship level at best.

Bruce struggles to cope with playing in the Championship and McShane will be playing in the Championship next season.

Whereas St Ledger is on his way to becoming a Premiership player, one capable of playing at the highest level.

This was further endorsed by Alan McInally recently on Sky TV, who descibed St Ledger as a "Premier League Quality player performing in the Championship"

Trapps selections of CB are "Jobs for the Boys" done off the back of DG's advise even Stevie Wonder can see that.

In my opinion St Ledger should be in the squad with a view to him taking O'Shea's place alaonside Dunne.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,376 Posts
    In my opinion St Ledger should be in the squad with a view to him taking O'Shea's place alaonside Dunne.
    Would you see him taking O'Shea's place in the United team?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Would you see him taking O'Shea's place in the United team?
    Thats a fair point! But i do see him playing for a top Premiership team in the future.

Thats mine and alot of other peoples opinion of him, who have seen him play regularly.

No doubt I will get put down on here for saying it, but I thought thats the idea of a forum, to give opinions and debate things.

Would be pretty boring if we all agreed on everything.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast