Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Tralee Dynamos FC

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Not a bad result for dynamos considering Bray are a premier team. They must be gutted that they gave away 2 soft goals. Lets all hope they can get back to winning ways in the league and get promoted..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by E.C Ushadup View Post
    travelled up for game,2nd goal right on half time was a killer.Dynamos kept plugging away though but do u think Bray had another gear to move up to if Dynamos did pull one back?
    Bray definitely have another gear, and on our day we can match the best sides in the country. It's not something the team can turn on and off at will though. If you'd pulled one back, and you looked like doing it once or twice, we could well have struggled to hold you back.

It's one of the frustrating things about having a young squad. Hopefully Eddie can hold this bunch of lads together for a few years now, and then I think we'll have a real team on our hands.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peadar1987 View Post
    Bray definitely have another gear, and on our day we can match the best sides in the country. It's not something the team can turn on and off at will though. If you'd pulled one back, and you looked like doing it once or twice, we could well have struggled to hold you back.

It's one of the frustrating things about having a young squad. Hopefully Eddie can hold this bunch of lads together for a few years now, and then I think we'll have a real team on our hands.
    sounds like dynamos accounted for themselves well in bray. do you think they would do well in the 1st division if they get promoted??

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    Still a long way to go before it's a possibility, even if the form carries on, the two play-offs are a real lottery, best to aim as high as possible now though in case the form dips next year. With all the underage teams though, they would certainly do well in the First Division, and while teams like UCD, Fingal and Waterford would be a class ahead, a top six finish would definitely be possible. Not sure if Mounthawk Park would make the grade, but that would be the least of their worries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by culloty82 View Post
    Still a long way to go before it's a possibility, even if the form carries on, the two play-offs are a real lottery, best to aim as high as possible now though in case the form dips next year. With all the underage teams though, they would certainly do well in the First Division, and while teams like UCD, Fingal and Waterford would be a class ahead, a top six finish would definitely be possible. Not sure if Mounthawk Park would make the grade, but that would be the least of their worries.
    Do you think if dynamos got promoted they would be left use Mounthwak Park as their home ground on match days?? MP has a 500 seater, new dressing rooms, all weather and floodlights for nite games which there is a lot of in the 1st division. Dynamos wud need to meet all the requirements to get a license and building a stadium and getting floodlights would cost alot of money...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    True, but Mervue only had to travel a few miles to play in Terryland Park, so the decision was a no-brainer. If Dynamos and the KDL do nothing, the only other grounds are Limerick's or Turner's Cross, so making those treks every fortnight would nearly cost as much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    True, but Mervue only had to travel a few miles to play in Terryland Park, so the decision was a no-brainer. If Dynamos and the KDL do nothing, the only other grounds are Limerick's or Turner's Cross, so making those treks every fortnight would nearly cost as much.
    It wud be ashame really coz Mounthawk Park is literally a 10 yard walk from dynamos, it wud in my opinion be a massive boost in kerry if they got promoted and the use of the KDL grounds

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by limfan View Post
    It wud be ashame really coz Mounthawk Park is literally a 10 yard walk from dynamos, it wud in my opinion be a massive boost in kerry if they got promoted and the use of the KDL grounds
    If Dynamos do get promoted even after yesterday's bad result, then I am sure they will play in Cahermoneen again next season. All they need to do is build a stand and Im sure the FAI will help them out in that case. They already had new lights put up a few months ago and a perimeter fencing. I think they would be stupid to play in the KDL grounds when their own pitch is in far better condition.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    I know it's been asked a number of times this year, but will a top three finish be enough for Dynamos, or do they need to match Salthill's placing in the other section ? At the start of the year, I thought only their own results mattered, but Wikipedia has the highest A team playing the bottom First Division side, meaning if Salthill are second and Dynamos third then the season would be over. Either way, hopefully they will win their remaining home games and if they can pick up two to four points away, the top three should be secured at any rate.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    I know it's been asked a number of times this year, but will a top three finish be enough for Dynamos, or do they need to match Salthill's placing in the other section ? At the start of the year, I thought only their own results mattered, but Wikipedia has the highest A team playing the bottom First Division side, meaning if Salthill are second and Dynamos third then the season would be over. Either way, hopefully they will win their remaining home games and if they can pick up two to four points away, the top three should be secured at any rate.
    I don't think anyone is 100% sure, but there should be a play-off between the highest placed non-reserve teams in each group, should they both finish in the top 3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FlapjackJoe View Post
    there should be a play-off between the highest placed non-reserve teams in each group, should they both finish in the top 3.
    That's how it works as far as I know.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    It's certainly the fairest solution, both teams have done enough so far to earn a play-off, and given Kildare's results the last two years, you'd imagine the winners would be almost guaranteed promotion. A few bad results shouldn't cause either team's season to fizzle out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    given Kildare's results the last two years, you'd imagine the winners would be almost guaranteed promotion.
    I wouldn't be as sure about that now. They've improved a lot since the transfer window. I don't know what the standard of the A League teams would be like though.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    Hard to compare when the sections have changed, but both Tralee and Salthill have more points from fewer games than Mervue managed last year, so either club could reasonably hope for 20 points by this stage if in the First Division next year. Admittedly, they're both probably a year or two ahead of expectations, but I'd still be shocked if they couldn't manage more than eight points.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Yeah, Mervue United actually finished 12 points behind Bohemians A last season and still managed to get promotion... Teams like Salthill Devon, Castlebar Celtic and Tralee Dynamos seemed to do much better this year than Mervue United did last year.

Also, I just noticed Salthill Devon finished rock-bottom in Group 1 last season, which just goes to show it it possible to have a very quick turnaround in fortunes in this league...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Would Tralee even want to go up to the First Division if the option arose for them ?

If a club isn't ready to take the step-up to the senior game it could have a negative financial and adminstrative impact on them.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    Even before the injuries started mounting up, the aim was just to finish as high up the table as possible to show the potential of Kerry soccer, and while they'll be disappointed if they fall out of the top three now, it'll be the focus for next year again. The point of entering the A Championship was to be playing First Division within around three years, and while the costs are a lot higher, wages and transfers wouldn't be a factor the first few years and local businesses are always willing to support Kerry sports teams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    i'l play for them for free! there finantial problem solved!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    Tralee Dynamos vs Bohemians

Results elsewhere mean Dynamos will remain in the A Championship next season, but doing the double over Bohs and possibly finishing second would mark a highly creditable finish to their debut year. It will be extremely tough for Tralee to pick up any points on Sunday, but a team must always aim to win its home matches, and the way things are looking at the moment, both Cork and Bohs first teams could yet be regular visitors to Kerry.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    Now that the season's nearly over, might as well ask the moderator to upgrade from this thread to a club folder for next year. I'm sure Castlebar and Carlow will also be looking for the same now that they've settled into the A Championship also.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast