Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Tralee Dynamos FC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kerryfan View Post
    I agree with everything you say. I enjoy going to the games. The standard is great and the players really seem to be enjoying it. Even O'Mahony and Diggins back would be a huge boost to the squad as they are very good players. If they were to get promoted then Im sure they will bring in new players but I think it would be from Kingdom Boys. In a years time the likes of Adam Piggot and a few more would be big enough to join the squad. Imagine the squad they would have then. Scarey...
    In my opinion it would be too soon to bring such young players as piggot from kingdom boys hes certainly got talent, just remember that in the first division its more physical than talent these days and boys certanly do get hurt from watching my fair share of limerick games

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by limfan View Post
    Is there players good enough to play at that level left in kerry? Theres certainly potential
    it is in the papers and on the radio all week that dynamos are having open trials today friday 24th to see if players want to join for the a championship and kerry league teams. lets all see what players turn up for these trials. surely the players that want to join the club will turn up. We are now in the month of July so any players that played with liselton/park/kilarney last season can just leave those clubs and join without any problems. i cant see any liselton players joining as they wont be gettng money from dynamos!!! do you agree limfan???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kerryfan View Post
    it is in the papers and on the radio all week that dynamos are having open trials today friday 24th to see if players want to join for the a championship and kerry league teams. lets all see what players turn up for these trials. surely the players that want to join the club will turn up. We are now in the month of July so any players that played with liselton/park/kilarney last season can just leave those clubs and join without any problems. i cant see any liselton players joining as they wont be gettng money from dynamos!!! do you agree limfan???
    Yes i would agree, lisselton have a lot of players from 20-24 and in these times with no work around u cant really blame any1 for trying to earn some extra money so i cant see any1 from them turning up to the trials. Even after watching the two finals that they beat dynamos u cud see how much they didnt like each other and its difficult to see who wud join.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    St. Pat's v Tralee Dynamos

Squad news ahead of tomorrow's match has been mixed, with the return of Stephen O'Mahoney cancelled out by the likely continued absence of Chris Kerins. While a good result is need to keep pace, increased expectations create their own pressures, and with St. Pat's beating Bohemians 4-0 in their last match, Dynamos will probably have to settle for a draw on this occasion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question

Is there players good enough to play at that level left in kerry? Theres certainly potential
    seeing as Dynamos made the transition to the A championship better than expected to be honest, I think there's definitely players who are good enough to play A champ. whether or not they want to is another matter altogether.
    Maybe we'll see some new faces at Dynamos in the next few weeks??

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    Presume City will be gone before Sunday, bizarre situation Tralee find themselves in, but guess they have to stay focused. At least however the situation works out, they don't have to worry about other clubs results.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by culloty82 View Post
    Presume City will be gone before Sunday, bizarre situation Tralee find themselves in, but guess they have to stay focused. At least however the situation works out, they don't have to worry about other clubs results.
    hoefully the game will go ahead on sunday. it is a top of the table clash, 6 poiinter as they call it!! dont think dynamos expected to be in this position but in fairness to them they deserve to.. lets hope all kerry soccer supporters can come on on sunday and cheer them on against the old enemy....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    as a matter of interest what are the attendences like for Tralee Dynamos

I can only assume that summer football is the worst possible thing for Kerry football because of the gaelic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Poor enough I think. To be fair they're not great for going to the Gaelic either!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    crowds were decent for first couple of games but have trailed off recently which is surprising seeing as the results have been excellent.I think Dynamos have won their last 7 games.the fact that the A c'ship gets little or no media coverage doesn't help clubs like Dynamos building up the support they need.just a thought!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by E.C Ushadup View Post
    crowds were decent for first couple of games but have trailed off recently which is surprising seeing as the results have been excellent.I think Dynamos have won their last 7 games.the fact that the A c'ship gets little or no media coverage doesn't help clubs like Dynamos building up the support they need.just a thought!
    I would disagree, dynamos have got more media coverage than the kerry gaelic team i just think that people want to see bigger games in tralee because they are going up watching dynamos playing the likes of bohs, cork city shamrock rovers yths and u-20 teams to be honest.
    They play bray in the fai cup and will be playing against men so this will show a true reflection of how far they have come.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    bohs, cork city shamrock rovers yths and u-20 teams to be honest.
    Is this true Limfan, I just thought it was these clubs 2nd string sides. Didn't realise they were necessarily all young fellas?

dynamos have got more media coverage than the kerry gaelic team
    Come off it man!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Dynamos have got some media coverage alright, but there's no way in God's earthly world that they've got anything close to the coverage of the Kerry team.

What media have you been seeing or hearing Limfan?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Totally disagree...

I would disagree, dynamos have got more media coverage than the kerry gaelic team i just think that people want to see bigger games in tralee because they are going up watching dynamos playing the likes of bohs, cork city shamrock rovers yths and u-20 teams to be honest.
    They play bray in the fai cup and will be playing against men so this will show a true reflection of how far they have come.
    Dynamos got a 10 minute slot on MNS a few weeks ago, besides that there has been nothing else nationally. Radio Kerry have done some stuff on Dynamos in the A Championship but thats about it really.

The local papers in Kerry are proof of this - usually a 1-2 page spread on Kerry Soccer but GAA gets 7 or 8 times more.

I would agree that crowds have been disappointing but I think it will take time. Kerry is a massive GAA stronghold at the end of the day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tralee_dynamo View Post
    Dynamos got a 10 minute slot on MNS a few weeks ago, besides that there has been nothing else nationally. Radio Kerry have done some stuff on Dynamos in the A Championship but thats about it really.

The local papers in Kerry are proof of this - usually a 1-2 page spread on Kerry Soccer but GAA gets 7 or 8 times more.

I would agree that crowds have been disappointing but I think it will take time. Kerry is a massive GAA stronghold at the end of the day...
    True i was a bit harsh on the media front, nationally the A championship isnt really recognised until the play-off stages.

If the Dynamos got 1/30th of the support that Kerry Gaa team gets or even less that wud gve them 800-1000 at home games, its a shame because kerry people have been crying out for LOI soccer team and when it arrives its a no show. its very disapointing. This is why i firmly believe an all kerry eircom league team would generate support from all over the county.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Are you serious or are you taking the ****?? Its known who you are and who you support Limfan and all you want to do is knock Tralee Dynamos. More coverage than the Kerry GAA team. It would take you to say something like that...

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    True i was a bit harsh on the media front, nationally the A championship isnt really recognised until the play-off stages.

If the Dynamos got 1/30th of the support that Kerry Gaa team gets or even less that wud gve them 800-1000 at home games, its a shame because kerry people have been crying out for LOI soccer team and when it arrives its a no show. its very disapointing. This is why i firmly believe an all kerry eircom league team would generate support from all over the county.
    Maybe Carr might enter Liselton next year as Kerry team!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    Think the KDL were planning to enter for the 2008 season, but between lack of funds and the changes to the u-20 league, it all went pear-shaped, will be interesting to see if Lisselton join the Munster League as has been rumoured. As for Dynamos, don't see why Limfan would have a go at a team who just want First Division football and an annual cup tie against a Premier club. They've no delusions of ever being a Bohs or Derry, just want to follow Wexford in being a local squad with strong community support. That's not ruling out the top-flight eventually, but most Kerry people will measure their success by attendances, rather than matches like tonight's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Congrats to Tralee for a decent performance against a premier side,not a great game, Bray just did enough, hope your centre-half Fitzgerald makes a speedy recovery from his injury imo was motm.Hope ye finish 2nd to us in the A league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question

travelled up for game,2nd goal right on half time was a killer.Dynamos kept plugging away though but do u think Bray had another gear to move up to if Dynamos did pull one back?

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast