Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wallace spitting the dummy

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldyouth View Post
    By the way how's the progress coming along in getting Limerick's facilities to comply with the rules?
    Well given that we got a license first time around we must be meeting some kind of required standard. Having your final word on Wexfordgate is kinda like a last cigarette for the average smoker isn't it?
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    if it is now in the rules that teams are entitled to warm up on the match pitch then hendo was spot on and wallace is out of order but where in the rules does it say he has to feed teams...do all the clubs feed away teams after games...dont think so.
    Nothing to do with rules, it's just common courtesy. I can't say for certain if ALL teams feed the opposition after but I'd be pretty confident to day they do.

It's more to do with Wallace's childish behaviour than anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    ive no idea what the training pitch is like if it needs better lights then it should have them but am i the only one who feels mick is only trying to protect the playing surface, and where possible clubs should support this at all grounds.
    managers on the other hand could not give a flying fcuk about ruining a pitch but are the first to moan about it when they get beaten.
    so maybe clubs should tell there managers that if possible do not warm up on the main pitch. teams will have to work together long after the manager has moved on.
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    So does that mean that players going out the back to warmup on the training pitch are handed a meal voucher for after the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    i would think that your landlords would be happier if the pitch was protected as much as possible. maybe if your only tenents you dont give a fig

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldyouth View Post
    By the way how's the progress coming along in getting Limerick's facilities to comply with the rules?

quite well in fact and thank you for asking. a new six and a half thousand seater in the offing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passerrby View Post
    ive no idea what the training pitch is like if it needs better lights then it should have them but am i the only one who feels mick is only trying to protect the playing surface, and where possible clubs should support this at all grounds.
    managers on the other hand could not give a flying fcuk about ruining a pitch but are the first to moan about it when they get beaten.
    so maybe clubs should tell there managers that if possible do not warm up on the main pitch. teams will have to work together long after the manager has moved on.
    Yes, and it's a bit foolish to say so given Wallace's past attention seeking form

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    Yes, and it's a bit foolish to say so given Wallace's past attention seeking form
    while i will not disagree with your opinion of mickI would suspect that your lack of respect for other teams property that has your club in the plush surroundings of jackman park.i was going to say when you get your own pitch you may feel differently but thats not going to happen now is it.

also where is the manager who started this argument with wallace gone leaving limerick to try and reastablish good relations with a fellow league team ,because you can bet some day limerick will require a favour from lwexford and because of a manager who wanted to play oneupmanship you now have no hope of getting any cooperation. but it appears that is the way you prefer it. sad really
    Last edited by passerrby; 17/03/2009 at 11:57 AM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    while i will not disagree with your opinion of mickI would suspect that your lack of respect for other teams property that has your club in the plush surroundings of jackman park.i was going to say when you get your own pitch you may feel differently but thats not going to happen now is it.

also where is the manager who started this argument with wallace gone leaving limerick to try and reastablish good relations with a fellow league team ,because you can bet some day limerick will require a favour from lwexford and because of a manager who wanted to play oneupmanship you now have no hope of getting any cooperation. but it appears that is the way you prefer it. sad really
    Your points are all well and good but taking things back to the original post, the back pitch lighting last Friday was shockingly bad, the light from the parking stewards torches was brighter.
    Therefore if Mick wants to protect the main pitch,something needs to be done to improve safety on the back pitch.
    Hold on new flood lights installed this week at the rsc,I'll see if the old ones are still hanging around

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    your right if the lighting is not good enough then that it a valid point i just feel clubs should where possible work together and should not expect managers to think of the long term future of a club.. also good pitches should mean better football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Enjoy your community club that the Monaghan community doesn't care about, and leave it to clubs like Waterford and ourselves to point out what is actually in the rule books now there's a good chap.

No surprise really that the neverhavebeens and neverwillbes stick up for each other on small time club issues though I guess
    Last edited by jebus; 17/03/2009 at 2:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Enjoy your community club that the Monaghan community doesn't care about, and leave it to clubs like Waterford and ourselves to point out what is actually in the rule books now there's a good chap.

No surprise really that the neverhavebeens and neverwillbes stick up for each other on small time club issues though I guess
    Jeez at least Monaghan have been in the premier, Limerick 37/fc/whatever have never even come close. Have some respect jebus for clubs that actually acheived something, Monaghan have twice been in the premier since you were in it i think and Wexford have were in the league cup final only last year, jeez surely after you calm down and get your mond together you owe the boys an apology?
    Last edited by Rovers Maniac; 17/03/2009 at 3:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers Maniac View Post
    Jeez at least Monaghan have been in the premier, Limerick 37/fc/whatever have never even come close. Have some respect jebus for clubs that actually acheived something, Monaghan have twice been in the premier since you were in it i think and Wexford have were in the league cup final only last year, jeez surely after you calm down and get your mond together you owe the boys an apology?
    When they're playing in front of more than 100 people, well really I wouldn't then either, I'll apologise, until then I don't listen to the sniping of community clubs.

Or a forummer who can't seem to decide if he supports Sligo or Shamrock Rovers for that matter, especially one who so desperately wants to be accepted as a top WUM and fails so frequently and so so miserably
    Last edited by jebus; 17/03/2009 at 3:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts

you must be real proud of the community spirit thst built jackman park you are an inspirition to us all.
    p.s when jack fcuks off i hope your community saves you

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Jackman or Monaghan have nothing to do with this thread. Lets get it back on track with comments about that nasty Wallace shall we?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    The FAI need to step in and put Wallace in his place. It's just stupid at this stage.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tis-smeee View Post
    At the match tonight Wallace tried the old chestnut of wanting the Waterford United team to train on the back pitch . Now on any other night I would have no problem with the Idea but tonight visiblity was a disgrace and it couldnt be done ( I dunno if that had any part in it ). Henderson informed Mr Wallace that it would not be acceptable he started ranting and raving until Hendo pulled out the Fifa reg stating that we were entitled to 15 minutes on the match pitch , to which Wallace replies "fine , if you wanna train on it , your not getting any food after the game " . Couldnt make it up if you tried , btw they ordered pizza instead
    Once again the self styled saviour of Irish football just shows that he belongs in the junior leagues

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    In fairness its a lovely pitch (no wonder with the amount of $hit that goes on it every Friday) but like my new pair of white Adidas Gazelles its gotta get dirty sometime.

Fair play to Hendo for not putting up with Wallace's crap, maybe if the rest of the clubs grew some balls then Mick might get put in his place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Mick Wallace's rant!! Its quality stuff

Not an Enjoyable Affair

Friday night’s game at home to Waterford was not an enjoyable affair. I should start by thanking the supporters for coming out on one of the worst nights of the year with its excess of wind, rain and cold. It was impossible to play good football in the prevailing conditions but it should be said that Waterford coped better than we did and deserved to win the game. We had our chances to draw the game, most notably in the last minute and earlier when the referee refused to give us a certain penalty despite having a good view of it, but then we hardly deserved anything from the game. On a positive note, it should be noted that the former Wexford Celtic player Peter White, who now lives in Carrick–on-Suir, gave an exhibition in defending and was a pleasure to behold.

The night was not without controversy as Waterford manager Dave Henderson insisted on the right to warm up on the front pitch despite my appeals to him to show the club some respect. Waterford became the first league side to do so despite the fact that our 2nd pitch is of a higher quality than their first pitch. Gamesmanship, to put it crudely. In return, we refused to feed the Waterford players and officials after the game – a choice which was offered to their manager prior to his decision to use main pitch for part of his warm up. I regret the disappointment caused to the Waterford players who are a good bunch of lads but I felt obliged to highlight the poor behaviour of their manager and his lack of respect for our club.

Given that the Wexford Youths are the only club in the country providing a full meal for both teams after the game, it was comical that he complained about not getting fed, as if it was their divine right.
    Such is life.
    I’m not pedantic...I’m merely overly concerned with minute details.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blue til i die View Post
    The night was not without controversy as Waterford manager Dave Henderson insisted on the right to warm up on the front pitch despite my appeals to him to show the club some respect. Waterford became the first league side to do so despite the fact that our 2nd pitch is of a higher quality than their first pitch. Gamesmanship, to put it crudely. In return, we refused to feed the Waterford players and officials after the game – a choice which was offered to their manager prior to his decision to use main pitch for part of his warm up. I regret the disappointment caused to the Waterford players who are a good bunch of lads but I felt obliged to highlight the poor behaviour of their manager and his lack of respect for our club.
    This really is silly. Where was it taken from?

And where does he get the idea that asking to train on the match pitch is somehow disrespecting Wexford Youths?

I wonder can he see the irony of his comments about poor behaviour and disrespect?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast