Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallace spitting the dummy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Here we go again and its only the 2nd match of the season! lucky for Waterford Kerly's not in charge of ye or it would have cost them 3 pts.
    Wallace thinks he's Irelands answer to Morinho.
    "We've had a lot of good times, but you don't know how good they are until you have the bad ones" Tony Adams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Mervue should make Wallace and his pink team warm up down the Plots when they come to Galway. ****in muppet
    "Are those my feet" Fr Jack Hackett

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Youths4Ever View Post
    some name calling
    In fairness Mick set the precedent for acting like a baby , from what I hear he practically kicked the Waterford United team and staff out of the clubhouse after the game . Is that how they do it in Italy mick?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tis-smeee View Post
    In fairness Mick set the precedent for acting like a baby , from what I hear he practically kicked the Waterford United team and staff out of the clubhouse after the game . Is that how they do it in Italy mick?
    he did set the precedent in am not disagreeing with that but what I heard said was unwarranted as for kicked out that is a bit OTT.

Some of the Waterford players came up to get food and where told then where not getting any made some comments some of which where made to staff who where doing as then where told and left the building then a Waterford official came up. He and Wallace had heated words and then Waterford official left.
    Last edited by Youths4Ever; 14/03/2009 at 3:10 PM.
    And Miles To Go Before We Sleep

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    If ye won't train on the back pitch ye are not getting food after the game. What a childish thing to say and do. He's a big baby.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    I am a Blues fan.

And in my opinion, this is not the first time I've heard this problem. Obviously if there is poor visabilaty at the training ground Wallace will have to install better flood lights. And as regards his attitude with teams training on the main pitch, if the training pitch is unplayable, obviously the opposition would have to train on the main pitch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Youths4Ever View Post
    he did set the precedent in am not disagreeing with that but what I heard said was unwarranted as for kicked out that is a bit OTT.

Some of the Waterford players came up to get food and where told then where not getting any made some comments some of which where made to staff who where doing as then where told and left the building then a Waterford official came up. He and Wallace had heated words and then Waterford official left.
    Christ this gets worse.

Still, has to make a name for himself somehow I guess, where's all the people who called him a decent and honourable man when he did this to Limerick last season

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    In fairness Jebus I think most of us accepted Wallace was making a show of himself the last time and now he's just become a complete laughing stock. There are plenty of admirable qualities about the man but there are some fairly obvious flaws to his character too, he keeps too many personal vedettas and refuses to compromise if he thinks he's right, even when he's blatantly wrong, often at a personal cost, there's plenty of examples of him losing business over his views.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    In fairness Jebus I think most of us accepted Wallace was making a show of himself the last time and now he's just become a complete laughing stock. There are plenty of admirable qualities about the man but there are some fairly obvious flaws to his character too, he keeps too many personal vedettas and refuses to compromise if he thinks he's right, even when he's blatantly wrong, often at a personal cost, there's plenty of examples of him losing business over his views.
    As always Mr. Passing, I leave it to you to explain what I think without getting too bogged down in the getting personal aspect.
    I have an awful lot of time for any man who sees football as his life's passion, puts his money where his mouth is, when there is NEVER a chance of return, yet has flaws like the rest of us.
    Not perfect, but then again, who is

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Interestingly the FAI changed their rules this year because of what happened with Limerick last season......

Warm-up/Warm-down
    18.19 Each team in a fixture is entitled to the use of the match pitch for warm-up and warm-down purposes, unless otherwise agreed between both Clubs.
    18.20 In order to protect the surface of the match pitch players shall not warm up on the match pitch until 60 minutes before the time of kick – off. Managers and Coaches should endeavour to minimise damage to the playing surface during the warm up.
    18.21 In order to protect the surface of the match pitch the warm down period must not exceed 15 minutes

Henderson was perfectly right in asking to warm up on the pitch. I was in Wexford last night and there was no visiblity on the back pitch so they could only warm up on the main pitch.

What happened after the match was childish at best!!!!

I understand Wallace told Beat102 that Waterford were disrespectful but rules are rules and he is wrong!
    Last edited by mediahack; 14/03/2009 at 9:47 PM.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    No Limerick fans in yet? Its a wonder
    You would have thought that Wallace would have learned from last season, every team going there this year will be prepared for it now a la Henderson, fifa guidelines a go go.
    What happened to the super doober billion watt floodlights he installed?
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    What happened to the super doober billion watt floodlights he installed?
    he ran out of 50cent coins for the meter !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mediahack View Post
    Interestingly the FAI changed their rules this year because of what happened with Limerick last season......

Warm-up/Warm-down
    18.19 Each team in a fixture is entitled to the use of the match pitch for warm-up and warm-down purposes, unless otherwise agreed between both Clubs.
    18.20 In order to protect the surface of the match pitch players shall not warm up on the match pitch until 60 minutes before the time of kick – off. Managers and Coaches should endeavour to minimise damage to the playing surface during the warm up.
    18.21 In order to protect the surface of the match pitch the warm down period must not exceed 15 minutes
    Often an issue at Irish League grounds. Interesting to see it has been covered by your rules though the last bit of 18.20 is a bit ambiguous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mediahack View Post

Warm-up/Warm-down

yep it is very interesting. after going against limerick last year and awarding the points to Wexford and a fine, they (fai) then changed the rules so to agree with limerick. tail wags dog etc
    Last edited by A face; 15/03/2009 at 9:32 PM. Reason: fixed quotes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353 View Post
    yep it is very interesting. after going against limerick last year and awarding the points to Wexford and a fine, they (fai) then changed the rules so to agree with limerick. tail wags dog etc
    They didn't change the rule to agree with Limerick, they introduced a rule to solve a problem that had never arisen before.
    I'm told that this rule was never brought to the attention of our stewards until presented with it on Friday night. That's very poor on our part and a bit of communication could have prevented it.
    Anyway, I think it is sorted now and I believe the 15 warm up on the main pitch is to be scheduled for all visiting teams. I don't expect our players to be warming up on it though, which is a shame

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    he ran out of 50cent coins for the meter !
    This recession is clearly causing problems for us all Terry...
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldyouth View Post
    They didn't change the rule to agree with Limerick, they introduced a rule to solve a problem that had never arisen before.
    I'm told that this rule was never brought to the attention of our stewards until presented with it on Friday night. That's very poor on our part and a bit of communication could have prevented it.
    Anyway, I think it is sorted now and I believe the 15 warm up on the main pitch is to be scheduled for all visiting teams. I don't expect our players to be warming up on it though, which is a shame
    Can you limit it to a 15 minute warm up? The rule seems to indicate that they can warm up for nearly 1 hour before the game if they wish.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Talking

if it is now in the rules that teams are entitled to warm up on the match pitch then hendo was spot on and wallace is out of order but where in the rules does it say he has to feed teams...do all the clubs feed away teams after games...dont think so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldyouth View Post

my point being by changing the rule, they have now vindicated all that limerick did (apart from not playing) in the game last season. yes it was poor communication on your clubs part not to inform your stewards but why has this not happened in most other clubs? because this prob has never existed in most other clubs perhalps? For the record, the rule states that clubs can warm up on the main ptch for upto an hour before the game and warm down for 15 mins after. Most club secs are on good communication terms with each other id imagine, and if any new rule or change to rules have been introduced then maybe a more experianced club sec would be consulted by some newer club sec in relation to this. is wallace the club sec of wexford youths as well? im sure he could have consulted with another clubs more experianced club sec on these issues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Right, this my last comment on the issue.
    I was quoting the original post when I stated that 15 mins is to be allowed for warm up. I just know that the new procedure will be adopted. Yes, poor communication led to Friday's incident causing upset. What more needs to be discussed?
    As for ....all that limerick did (apart from not playing) in the game, do you not see how silly that looks?
    By the way how's the progress coming along in getting Limerick's facilities to comply with the rules?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast