Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dundalk fans

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by celticV3 View Post
    Oh winge winge winge. Two people were shot across from the tallaght stadium during the game, that's real gansta mo fo's!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by green army View Post
    cork "fans" threw stones at the pats fans bus as we were leaving turners cross last night.
    Spotted that. While were mentioning everything, Gary rogers was hit with a bottle thrown from cork fans too
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    We are... EVIL
    We are... EVIL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuisaSaigon View Post
    We dont have an element like this either. Dundalk and a few other clubs need to sort out their own mess instead of making comments like "every club has element"
    so you don't have a scum element? when a number a small number of your fans were near our segregated section shouting come on hands in the air as if impling a fight
    i was crying at this i was scared stiff
    DUNDALK FC BACK WHERE IT TRULY BELONGS IN THE PREMIER DIVISION.....A club with history,traditions,great fans....
    We Are the people's Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Spotted that. While were mentioning everything, Gary rogers was hit with a bottle thrown from cork fans too
    yeah there good at that in cork .The hit dan connor with a bottle a few years ago also

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dannydundalk View Post
    so you don't have a scum element? when a number a small number of your fans were near our segregated section shouting come on hands in the air as if impling a fight
    i was crying at this i was scared stiff
    They were about 10 rows of seats away from you if not more because no galway fans would sit anywhere near the 50 or so hooligans up the back in block f. These were not schooligans as over half of them were well over 18.

Everything was under control inside the ground it was 15 minutes after game when the 15 or so Thugs attacked three lads without any provocation about 800 yards away from Terryland.GUFC have been in contact with the FAI & Dundalk and strangely the FAI had 3 people at the game last night one of their security officers was in the Dundalk Section spotting for more than half the game.

The 3 lads brought away by the Gardai during the match were not involved with the incident at the end. Ive been invoved stewarding at Terryland for over 20 years and over a quarter of the Dundalk support last night were up for trouble last night hardly a minority.Easily the worst set of Fans we have had in Terryland in years.
    Last edited by gufct; 14/03/2009 at 5:21 PM.
    We are the Galway Boys Stand up and make some noise"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ndrog View Post
    yeah there good at that in cork .The hit dan connor with a bottle a few years ago also
    Wondered how long that would take.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    I assume you didn't allow them entry into the ground then?
    That's a no then?
    Quote Originally Posted by gufct View Post
    Ive been invoved stewarding at Terryland for over 20 years and over a quarter of the Dundalk support last night were up for trouble last night hardly a minority.Easily the worst set of Fans we have had in Terryland in years.
    How many of them did you throw out or refuse entry to?
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post
    Wondered how long that would take.
    you didnt have to wonder for very long so

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    when the 15 or so Thugs attacked three lads without any provocation about 800 yards away from Terryland..
    From a post on oriel web
    "The three fella's left the ground and where singing in me and a friend's face's about being top of the league at they walked past the club house,(or staggered i must say as one had a bud bottle in his had). Of course we payed not attention and let them enjoy their victory, fair play and all that.

As we waited by the clubhouse they 3 men where then taking back in With blood rushing from there head, A steward said " It was crazy out there, the road was blocked by them in the middle of it singing TOP OF THE LEAGUE in front of a Blue minibus"

Hardly without provocation was it?? I'm not defending what the Dundalk fans did i hope they are arrested, charged and banned from every LOI ground but jesus the three lads that were assaulted must have been very naive to act like this and not expect to get some sort of reaction. If you go looking for trouble with fans with a dodgy element it's not too hard to find it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Louth4sam View Post
    From a post on oriel web
    "The three fella's left the ground and where singing in me and a friend's face's about being top of the league at they walked past the club house,(or staggered i must say as one had a bud bottle in his had). Of course we payed not attention and let them enjoy their victory, fair play and all that.

As we waited by the clubhouse they 3 men where then taking back in With blood rushing from there head, A steward said " It was crazy out there, the road was blocked by them in the middle of it singing TOP OF THE LEAGUE in front of a Blue minibus"

Hardly without provocation was it?? I'm not defending what the Dundalk fans did i hope they are arrested, charged and banned from every LOI ground but jesus the three lads that were assaulted must have been very naive to act like this and not expect to get some sort of reaction. If you go looking for trouble with fans with a dodgy element it's not too hard to find it.
    this could not be true as the incident happened 150y past the terryland enterance and no buses can go in that direction caus of a low 7ft bridge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ndrog View Post
    you didnt have to wonder for very long so
    In fairness, I'm sure there's a sub-clause in the FAI rulebook that gives everyone a free shot at Dan Connor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post
    In fairness, I'm sure there's a sub-clause in the FAI rulebook that gives everyone a free shot at Dan Connor
    Always found him game for a laught in fairness. He had a bit of banter with the Pats fans last night, laughing at the line "even your own fans hate you..."
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    There are many CCTV cameras inside Terryland Park plus cameras outside the stadium located at the main entrance for visiting fans and at the cash box office. The incidents occured outside the scope of these cameras.

I also noticed that there were more Garda at the game than normal. Usually there are about 4 or 5 but last night there were about 12.

I saw two lads wearing Dundalk jersies (NOTE: I didn't call them Dundalk fans) who were smashing bottles on the road, a few hundrd metres from Terryland. This happened just shortly before 10pm (I remember beacuse I was waiting for the sports news on the radio) which was almost half an hour after the game finished. I figured that they weren't travelling on any of the buses that travelled to the game...unless of course they were kicked off?
    Nobody knows us, we don't care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Last week during the Bohs game when Connor got sent off he walked past maxi who was in the tunnel area shouting abuse at the ref. I thought to myself not much of a role model to the younger Dundalk fans. Whats his position at the club? And why was he standing in such close proximity to the pitch?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    In fairness to Dunny. I know a guy who's in that infamous youtube video. He goes to all the Bohs games. He could hardly name their first 11.

A football fan has to feel emotionally attached to the club. They should feel good after a win and hurt inside after a defeat. There's many eejits that go to games that couldn't care less about the football. These are not fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddyfield View Post
    I saw two lads wearing Dundalk jersies (NOTE: I didn't call them Dundalk fans) who were smashing bottles on the road, a few hundrd metres from Terryland. This happened just shortly before 10pm (I remember beacuse I was waiting for the sports news on the radio) which was almost half an hour after the game finished. I figured that they weren't travelling on any of the buses that travelled to the game...unless of course they were kicked off?
    any descriptions of these two lads pal ?age for example?

and to the sligo fan maxi is a dedicated fan and he was stading beside the tunnell
    DUNDALK FC BACK WHERE IT TRULY BELONGS IN THE PREMIER DIVISION.....A club with history,traditions,great fans....
    We Are the people's Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dannydundalk View Post
    maxi is a dedicated fan
    He showed that with a can of petrol and a lighter alright!!
    DAN CONNOR HATES CITY, HE HATES LANGERS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Always found him game for a laught in fairness. He had a bit of banter with the Pats fans last night, laughing at the line "even your own fans hate you..."
    Dan Connor is sound as a pound, helped our supporters fundraisers during examiership knwing that he wouldnt be with us this season!

Genuinely hates cork people though!

Will get a great reception when he returns to drogheda!!
    DAN CONNOR HATES CITY, HE HATES LANGERS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    They were about 10 rows of seats away from you if not more because no galway fans would sit anywhere near the 50 or so hooligans up the back in block f. These were not schooligans as over half of them were well over 18.

Everything was under control inside the ground it was 15 minutes after game when the 15 or so Thugs attacked three lads without any provocation about 800 yards away from Terryland.GUFC have been in contact with the FAI & Dundalk and strangely the FAI had 3 people at the game last night one of their security officers was in the Dundalk Section spotting for more than half the game.

The 3 lads brought away by the Gardai during the match were not involved with the incident at the end. Ive been invoved stewarding at Terryland for over 20 years and over a quarter of the Dundalk support last night were up for trouble last night hardly a minority.Easily the worst set of Fans we have had in Terryland in years.

you havent a clue i was there and we were there to create an atmosphere for our team it was a minority fact
    you's had the same amount probably more (of lads up for something)

your making up have the stuff you are saying
    We Are the people's Club

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast