Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dundalk fans

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishultra View Post
    vile and disgusting. maby we do actually have a problem? maby that tv3 show no matter how exaggerated was needed for families with little kids thinking of going to loi to think twice, if they are in anyway likely to witness or be the victim of such violence.
    There is a problem but tv3 did not show that problem they showed the bebo warriors!
    Tommy No Bobs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    on behalf of me and alot of other dundalk fans i'm very sorry about what happend last night but every club with a decent fan base in the LOI has a scumbag element. The people involved last night should be dealt with but there is no smoke without fire.
    I hope last nights incident does not put off any LOI fans travelling to oriel pk as we have some very genuine and decent fans but sadly we are let down by these little scumbags

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Blues don't have an element like that!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i have to admit the 3 worst clubs for the scum element involved are rovers bohs and us(dundalk)

i am ashamed to be involved with these but i have to say they are supporters full stop.
    they go out get stone and drink puts them mad

it's a disgrace

i apologise to galway fans over this on behalf of the club
    DUNDALK FC BACK WHERE IT TRULY BELONGS IN THE PREMIER DIVISION.....A club with history,traditions,great fans....
    We Are the people's Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    We dont have an element like this either. Dundalk and a few other clubs need to sort out their own mess instead of making comments like "every club has element"
    Galway United - Connacht Champions 2008

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    is drinking before a game in every european soccer league culture?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Staying back.

It was announced near the end of the game last night that Dundalk fans would be kept back for 5 mins.In England its 20 mins after a game.I know they deal with far bigger crowds there(england) but maybe keeping away fans in awhile longer might be one solution.Most if not all home fans etc will be gone from the ground by 10/15 mins after a game and then let them out then.
    A point was made here that i was thinking about last night when missle's(coins i think) were coming down on me and another guy leaving the ground last night.Its that these scumbags WERE fans,you dont take a 7/8 hour round trip bus journey just to cause trouble.If trouble is all they wanted they could have stayed in Dundalk and did it there.They were fans,had Dundalk scarves,hats etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    In the 23 years I have been going to terryland this is the first time I have seen/heard of an incident like this. No surprise really, considering I have been to oriel only 3 times and all 3 times there was trouble, very poor standards from the club when trying (if at all) to eleminate this obvious problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    What a load of bullsh!t!! These fellas only attach themselves to the club to cause trouble. They are NOT Dundalk fans.
    so what exactly is a fan by your logic anybody who causes trouble is not a fan therefore clears the club of any obligations or responsibility.
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maroon ultra View Post
    I was one of the fans attacked tonight by a few Dundalk fans. It really makes you consider supporting LOI soccer, It was no doubt a great night for United tonight as we topped the league but here I am with a fat lip and my mates, one of who was attending his first LOI game. Absolutely disgusted.
    MU, i know where you're coming from man, but i wouldn't decide straight away whether you are going to continue to support United. Ye have a decent club who are getting things right off the pitch after some hicups and things on the pitch are obviously going well now too.

I wouldn't be letting some scumbags make up your mind for you. Remember, they are the filth that no one wants in the game. Genuine fans are always wanted.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    but if these subhuman are making fairly commited fans to think twice about going to games, what impact is it going to have on people going to matches for the first time. it doesn't leave a good impression at all.

have to say in my time following LOI ive never seen really that much going on thats bad, but like really fans should think about having a bit more friendly banter and wind up jokes rather than taking it way too seriously.

at fc koln vs hertha berlin game, and on the u-bahn the two sets of fans were having a go at each other but it was all in good fun.
    Last edited by irishultra; 14/03/2009 at 11:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    There seem to have been a lot of incidents over the first two weeks of the season. I hope this doesn't continue, apart from people getting hurt, it'll just be another issue to distract coverage from the football.
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    What is the telephone number of the Garda Station where they are being held? Maybe a few phonecalls for LOI fans encouraging them to get a hefty penalty would do the trick.
    I certainly hope not. I'd rather not live in a country that dispenses justice by opinion poll.
    Quote Originally Posted by irishultra View Post
    is drinking before a game in every european soccer league culture?
    Lots of people manage to drink before a game without starting fights and throwing things at opposition fans. This isn't about drunkeness, it's about scumbags looking for trouble
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufct View Post
    one of the buses arrived 5 mins before half time & the blue minibus that the scumbags were on hadnt one sober person on it.
    I assume you didn't allow them entry into the ground then?
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Dundalk fans have always had a reputation for scumbaggery (feel free o use that word)
    Unfortunately i have to agree! Dundalk supporters often hold breath after a high profile match in fear of being disgraced. Many a discussion has been held on Orielweb about security at Oriel. The club has moved forward significantly in this regard(albeit a recent improvement) hence the Bohs match went off without incident. Inside Oriel is as safe as anywhere, outside can be different story, while not an excuse, in the past many of the troublemakers were not at the game and just hang about waiting(holding the home support back is the way to go). I dont know what can be done about these except hope that the Gardaí do their job!
    As for travelling support? Well maybe it is time for for Dundalk to pre-sell tickets to travelling support and tickets may only be purchased through some membership scheme or something. If supporters misbehave well then it is much easier to find the culprits. If found and charged then heavy sanctions should be imposed by the legislate. I hope the group responsible are identified!

Oh and for many of these traveling scumbags it is a **** up with the match as a side show! Most of them couldnt spell Dundalk
    Last edited by Nesta99; 14/03/2009 at 1:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi View Post
    There seem to have been a lot of incidents over the first two weeks of the season.
    Really? Are you going by reports on here or personal experience?

This won't be solved without club administrators and Gardai co-operating. And given, generally, neither are particularly capable at their jobs, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Theres gonna be bedlam when we go up on fri .Lots of people are not gonna go after the trouble against dundalk in drogheda a couple weeks ago and this is just gonna put people off even more .Its a real shame as this game has the potential to be a massive derby

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    cork "fans" threw stones at the pats fans bus as we were leaving turners cross last night.
    Saint Patricks Athletic Fans Team. Eircom League Supporters Cup Champions 2006. P3 W2 D1 L0 F3 A0. Thats why we're champions, Thats why we're champions, Thats why.............

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    The club should contact the Garda station where they are being held. (Wont happen though..)
    Let it go Dunny there were Dundalk "fans" end of. You say in earlier posts they are not Dundalk fans what are you trying to do ignore the fact ye have a scum element? Nip it in the bud and get rid of them

I have never been to Oriel and was planning to go this season. Not now. I reckon the place is a ****hole anyway and I aint going on an 8 hour trip to get assaulted by knackers
    Last edited by Tir Oilean; 14/03/2009 at 2:23 PM.
    "Are those my feet" Fr Jack Hackett

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post
    Really? Are you going by reports on here or personal experience?
    Fair enough, it's just on here, no problems that I'm aware of at either of our games. Maybe a lot of it is bull**** but there seems to have been more talk of it over a short period of time than usual.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Oh winge winge winge. Two people were shot across from the tallaght stadium during the game, that's real gansta mo fo's!!!!!!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast