Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dundalk fans

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maroon ultra View Post
    I was one of the fans attacked tonight by a few Dundalk fans. It really makes you consider supporting LOI soccer, It was no doubt a great night for United tonight as we topped the league but here I am with a fat lip and my mates, one of who was attending his first LOI game. Absolutely disgusted.
    dont give up on going to games because of one incident, the likelyhood of it happening to you again are slim man.
    It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.
    Muhammad Ali

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Dont give up.

Yes,please dont give up Maroon Ultra,really sorry to hear what happened to you.This was an isolated incident.If it was happening every week then i wouldnt be going myself.I know your angry,hurt and shocked but please dont stop doing something you enjoy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilywhite Army View Post
    Theres a small minority of scum that hang round Oriel..They go for trouble and not to see a good game..Our CEO publicly said last week any trouble makers will be banned..So hopefully justice will be done both by the gaurds charging these clowns and our club banning them..No clubs needs Clowns like these..A total Discrace to the club who usually have a very well behaved travelling crowd
    It takes this to happen for the club to think about banning them? If action had been taken to ban this element from Dundalk's support/following/whatever you want to call it, this wouldn't have happened tonight.

I personally witnessed some very scummy behaviour by a LARGE number of Dundalk "fans" after our last meeting in the First Division. It was away from Terryland and I never heard any more about it.

I hope those that were assaulted are alright after it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    I remember earlier last season, a decent amount of Dundalk fans were acting very poorly, some twisted on booze, some that just seemed pilled off their head. They done some damage to our bathrooms and threw stuff on the pitch a few times. Acted very imtimidating and agressive to younger KCFC fans that were passing by them at various stages of the game. There seemed to be someone from Dundalk keeping an eye on them.

Dundalk should sort this out soon. They WERE fans, like it or not. Non-fans don't travel across the country to see a LOI game! They should all be banned, the whole bus. And it should be as obvious as **** to those involved with Dundalk who were involved and who is likely to do something like this again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Bohs have just as bad, if not worse, and they're probably not the only one. Never had any problems with Dundalk fans in any of our games against them but I'm not for a minute doubting theres a big scum element.
    Lets redefine what it means to heal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFShels View Post
    Bohs have just as bad, if not worse, and they're probably not the only one. Never had any problems with Dundalk fans in any of our games against them but I'm not for a minute doubting theres a big scum element.
    how are your own element behaving this year CSFShels?

by the by, it seems that Derry have taken a new approach to the hooligan problem by beating lumps out of each other outside their bus before they went back to Derry...

from the Bohs mb: "Did anyone else go by the Derry supporters bus on Connaught st after the match and see the fight Derry fans were having amongst themselves just accross from their bus? Some very nasty punches thrown with one fella who looked like he was trying to stop it properly layed out after one punch. Funny thing was they were all on the same bus as each other so I presume they would of had to travel home after with each other! Would of been one long trip home to Derry on that bus"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    We had a few complete scumbags in Dalyer last night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    how are your own element behaving this year CSFShels?

by the by, it seems that Derry have taken a new approach to the hooligan problem by beating lumps out of each other outside their bus before they went back to Derry...

from the Bohs mb: "Did anyone else go by the Derry supporters bus on Connaught st after the match and see the fight Derry fans were having amongst themselves just accross from their bus? Some very nasty punches thrown with one fella who looked like he was trying to stop it properly layed out after one punch. Funny thing was they were all on the same bus as each other so I presume they would of had to travel home after with each other! Would of been one long trip home to Derry on that bus"
    They must have got the idea upon hearing of the Bohs fans starting a mini riot amongst themselves in the Bohs/Shels preseason

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Foot.ie!

Unlike the UK we the Clubs do not pay for the Guards outside the ground, and until this situation is changed there is a sort of, well it's not our problem. The Clubs know exactly who these knuckle draggers are, and yet are reluctant to deal with it. I also think the comments about not going to games because of this behavior are correct, why would anybody want to put themselves in that position.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    HOw old where the pr1cks involved? Is this another case of boozey Bebo Bullies or where these grown adults??
    The Dundalk Fans where asked to stay behind last nite for a time so how was this allowed to happen? I feel for the lads who where attacked. Its just a shame they didnt come for me id open a can of serious wopass on the sh1ts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    l..o...l What about your scum element? Did ye sort that out yet?....NO...Cop on to yourself.
    Dunny, as i have mentioned before this justification of fans actions by claiming the old 'our scum are less worse than yours' is total bull****!! What is somewhat refreshing is that Dundalk fans across a few fora are taking total ownership of this problem and are genuinely disgusted and embarrassed by what has happened! Which is a nice change from the usual justification that goes on from many clubs and supporters when crowd trouble/scum element is mentioned.

I wouldnt underestimate the resolve that Dundalk FC has in dealing with such issues - given time these scummers will be weeded out. I wish that an apology,as a Dundalk fan, carried any weight but all i can really say is that i assure you if i see any Dundalk fan acting up i will speak up and point the finger unashamedly and will persist in making sure the club are aware of any scum behaviour witnessed.

Old ****e but i detest seeing that nuisance Maxi in Oriel (its a farce) but he did the time and served his sentence at least-should still have a lifetime ban though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Two weeks, two incidents. Our bus was absolutely hammered with rocks outside richmond last week and now our fans are being attacked outside our own ground. Real fans of the clubs with that have these scumbags associated with them need to do more to get rid of the morons. If that means giving information to the club or the police then do it. Lets get rid of these knackers now.
    Galway United - Connacht Champions 2008

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

its not

good enough, It makes me laugh when clubs say they dont know who was involved. Its the LOI ffs not fifty thousand seater arenas. Sean Connors behaviour on telly too was out of order with hand signals to bohemian supporters. God knows he was probably getting stick but Managers should show a bit more leadership. Dundalk is a brilliant club but need to weed this out everytime.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down

There was trouble outside the ground when United fans were attacked about ten minutes after the game outside the Old Terryland Waterworks. Two lads were punched, kicked and beaten while lying on the ground by a mob of young thugs that headed back to the ground after they dished out their assult, presumably to get their bus.This attack was in front of a line of traffic leaving the ground. There were no Gardai around so I guess they got away with it. The two United fans had a lot a blood on their faces but they seemed to be ok.

For any children in cars this would have been a frightening experience to witness, as this was a very ugly incident and something I have never witnessed at a football game in Ireland.

Definitely outside of the ground should be policed, as this is where trouble is most likely to occur with away fans, especially as this was a classified as a category A game with the Gardai.
    Last edited by Tribesman; 14/03/2009 at 10:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I'm supporting LOI a good few years now and I have to say that I hate when Dundalk come down here, the bad element within their supporters is far worse than any Dublin team, and that is saying a lot!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFShels View Post
    From what I recall when Shels were in premier they were far from the best behaved and I am yet to see Bohs fans cause trouble in the Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by maroon ultra View Post
    I was one of the fans attacked tonight by a few Dundalk fans. It really makes you consider supporting LOI soccer, It was no doubt a great night for United tonight as we topped the league but here I am with a fat lip and my mates, one of who was attending his first LOI game. Absolutely disgusted.
    You should consider taking legal action to make sure these scumbags get banned.
    Tommy No Bobs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribesman View Post
    There was trouble outside the ground when United fans were attacked about ten minutes after the game outside the Old Terryland Waterworks. Two lads were punched, kicked and beaten while lying on the ground by a mob of young thugs that headed back to the ground after they dished out their assult, presumably to get their bus.
    It's obvious to anyone that knows the area that these *****s went out of their way to ambush United fans. They should be locked up. Scumbags.
    Galway United - Connacht Champions 2008

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    vile and disgusting. maby we do actually have a problem? maby that tv3 show no matter how exaggerated was needed for families with little kids thinking of going to loi to think twice, if they are in anyway likely to witness or be the victim of such violence.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    This is one of the reason I don't like travelling to Oriel only been there 3 times(and havn't been in 3 or 4 years) cause was last time I was here 3 wee guys who couldn't of been more the 15 tried to start me when I was returning form the toilet on my own I jsut ignored them, 1st time I was there I was just missed by a coin on my way out after the game

However all 3 times any of the fans I met in the bar before the game were fine and any Dundalk fans I've met travelling to Finn Park are top blokes and we had a great day with them at the end of the 2007 season. So I know the small group of thugs that are causing trouble are nothing not Dundalf FC fans
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Dunne View Post
    The vast majority of Dundalk supporters are decent people. Dundalk FC are a great club with a proud history, they shouldn't let scum like this ruin their reputation.
    Dundalk fans have always had a reputation for scumbaggery (feel free o use that word)

I've rarely been at a game in oriel without incident. Not doubting there are some fine people involved with the club but for those of us who've had bottles at **** thrown at them, their reputation is dirt
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast