Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rovers Return

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    sligoman - a look back on your posts in relation to Rovers and Tallaght reveals you to be nothing but a bitter little man with a large chip on your shoulder so why don't you just keep your foolish opinions to yourself?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    exclamation marks!!!!!?

i think you'll find they're inverted commas....
    Was someone talking to you? That's the kind of rubbish that has our fans not coming on here. It's an internet message board not an english lesson. If Mr. Carlow can't see an obvious mistake and let it go then why do you have to pick it up?
    Last edited by GreenStar; 14/03/2009 at 9:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HulaHoop View Post
    sligoman - a look back on your posts in relation to Rovers and Tallaght reveals you to be nothing but a bitter little man with a large chip on your shoulder so why don't you just keep your foolish opinions to yourself?
    So because I don't jump on the Tallaght is great bandwagon I'm just bitter. Yeah ok then, g'luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Hoop View Post
    Minnow. Mentioning the showgrounds in the same breath as turners cross is laughable.

You are a bitter little gob****e, and i will now ignore you.
    I'm not saying the Showgrounds is better than TC, obviously it's not. I do rate it higher than Tallaght at the moment though. If you disagree, I personally don't care.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    So because I don't jump on the Tallaght is great bandwagon I'm just bitter. Yeah ok then, g'luck!
    I'm not saying the Showgrounds is better than TC, obviously it's not. I do rate it higher than Tallaght at the moment though. If you disagree, I personally don't care.
    No it's because your history on this forum has always shown a bitterness towards Rovers and a chip on your shoulder about us. You even wanted the GAA to win the Tallaght court case ffs and at the time we were in examinership you were hoping for our demise so you could say you were the only Rovers in Ireland For you to come out now and say Tallaght Stadium is nothing special is about as predictable as a Pat Kenny interview.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    No it's because your history on this forum has always shown a bitterness towards Rovers and a chip on your shoulder about us. You even wanted the GAA to win the Tallaght court case ffs and at the time we were in examinership you were hoping for our demise so you could say you were the only Rovers in Ireland For you to come out now and say Tallaght Stadium is nothing special is about as predictable as a Pat Kenny interview.
    Don't remember that bit(not saying I didn't say it)...have you a little notepad and you're taking down all my posts about Shams because the fact that you remember it is pretty weird imo. Anyway, I've finished what I wanted to say and have no interest in continuing to drag this thread off topic.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Don't remember that bit(not saying I didn't say it)...have you a little notepad and you're taking down all my posts about Shams because the fact that you remember it is pretty weird imo. Anyway, I've finished what I wanted to say and have no interest in continuing to drag this thread off topic.
    No I remember it because it stuck in my head how pathetic it was that you wished to see us go to the wall for the sake of having the name Rovers to yourself and I remember the Tallaght court case because I think you were the only one on any football forum I read to say you wanted the GAA to win. Even Bohs fans didn't want the GAA to win. Things like that do tend to stick in your head when the subjects in question mean so much to you.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    Have to say it was a great night in Tallaght. The whole event was extremely well managed, the club shop is fantastic, the view from the stand is top class, the atmosphere was charged, emotional and very tense at times, I felt lucky to be there and I hope the great spirit and friendliness of the occasion can be carried into the future. It'll be a fantastic ground when the second stand is completed and if the ends ever get finished it'll be a top class stadium.
    So while you're team were playing against Waterford, you were in Tallaght?
    They always cheat, they always lie
    **** Delaney and the FAI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by madblaa View Post
    I love Rovers, lovey people, lovely fans and never cause a bit of trouble, anywhere!
    Excellent so

No problem with Sligoman's comments though I don't agree. It's hardly criticism or bitterness, ffs. Though Dalymount and The Showgrounds was pushing it a bit too far
    Last edited by dfx-; 15/03/2009 at 1:14 AM.
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Did someone at the start of this thread say shams fans tended not to post here?

I loved the ground and there's only one stand in it yet. The stand is great imo. The roof is low enough so fans can be heard singing but high enough for displays to be done like friday night. The stand itself is well laid out in terms of exits and seats are spacious. The big screen is top class as well, it won't last in tallaght but fair play all the same

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairy Bowsie View Post
    So while you're team were playing against Waterford, you were in Tallaght?
    Sure was I live in Tallaght, might as well support my local team. I've never claimed to go to every Youths game, I was in Tolka to see them last week and I'll be in Santry next week.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just living up to your username really...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I was at the game in Tallaght and i have to say i was really impressed by everything at the ground. We were at one end of the stand and even though it may not be the best location for viewing a game i thought i the view was excellent. It will be a fine ground when they build the second stand and i would say it will be the best stadium for viewing football in Ireland. Floodlights seemed very strong as well and all seemed well organised. I can see Shams doing really really well in Tallaght.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Tisn't often I'd be posting here, too many smart arse student types and mickey waving.

But felt I may as well make some sort of effort to keep this thread from descending into the usual whose club is bigger and grammatical error stuff.

Having been to every ground in the league bar Longford and Wexford, I would have no hesitation in saying that even as a one sided arena, Tallaght stadium stands a class apart from most. I'd only have Turners Cross as better, but when the far side stand is built in Tallaght there can be a fair comparison between the two. Terryland Park also would be up there, although I've only seen that new stand from the far side so couldn't comment on the view out of there.

I would echo all of passinginterest's comments on the ground. It was a beautiful sight walking up the steps into the stand and seeing that surface. What's so great about the stand is that even from the back, you're very close to the pitch. Comparing it say to the Jodi stand which has much the same capacity, but where you would nearly feel out of the action completely. The stand kept the cold out too, which was well appreciated on the night that was in it. And no bloody pillars!!! The bane of most LOI grounds.

Top notch shop too. Plus the corporate facilities (in so much as I could see from the outside).

It's just a really smashing ground by any standards. And stands as a great credit to SRFC and SDCC. In these times that we live in, isn't it wonderful to have such a good news story as this.

**** the begrudgers!
    Keep it real

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_the_cat View Post
    Terryland Park also would be up there, although I've only seen that new stand from the far side so couldn't comment on the view out of there.
    Excellent view from the new Galway stand, definitely the best in the league that I've been in. I haven't been to a game in Tallaght yet, but it looks great from the photos.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Shamrock Rovers fans, whats the deal with away tickets when we play you in 2 weeks? Can you pay in at the gate?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by celticV3 View Post
    Did someone at the start of this thread say shams fans tended not to post here?
    Yes that's true. Out of the 600 odd active members on the Ultras forums about 8 or 9 are active posters here.

Quote Originally Posted by thischarmingman View Post
    Shamrock Rovers fans, whats the deal with away tickets when we play you in 2 weeks? Can you pay in at the gate?
    No you can't pay at the gate. Derry will get the same allocation as Sligo got - 150. The match is already nearly sold out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thischarmingman View Post
    They say you can't but people with no tickets got in nearer kick off at our game anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoops_R_Us View Post
    Was someone talking to you? That's the kind of rubbish that has our fans not coming on here. It's an internet message board not an english lesson. If Mr. Carlow can't see an obvious mistake and let it go then why do you have to pick it up?
    stop taking yourself so seriously man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Yes that's true. Out of the 600 odd active members on the Ultras forums about 8 or 9 are active posters here.

No you can't pay at the gate. Derry will get the same allocation as Sligo got - 150. The match is already nearly sold out.
    Will those tickets get sent to Derry to be sold there? I'm based in Dublin so wanted to be sure I get one. Obviously I can call SRFC tomorrow and find out but just wondering if you happened to know off the top of your head.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    They say you can't but people with no tickets got in nearer kick off at our game anyway.
    If worst come to worst then I think we'll just turn up in hope.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast