Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Limerick vs Mervue, First Home Game of the season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by First View Post
    Where is the best place to park around Jackman.
    Anywhere along the peoples park is always good to park. That is where i leave the motor and is always safe. Loads of spaces around there but you could also just park in town and walk in. Jackman easily reachable from town!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I always park my car up near the park. A friend of mine always parks his skoda up near the wicked chicken. As long as we've been going we've never seen anything happen related to cars.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Hi folks,

Am going to head in for the match tonight too. Never been to see Limerick before, but am going to try and make an effort this season to get into Jackman Park and see what it's like.

Looking forward to it - hopefully will be a good night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Good on you Castletroy Blue, hopefully we'll get the win and the performance that might keep you coming tonight

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    Good on you Castletroy Blue, hopefully we'll get the win and the performance that might keep you coming tonight
    Thanks. Any players in particular to keep an eye out for? And any idea roughly how many might show up tonight?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Crowd of about 600 I reckon

Keep an eye on Wayne Colbert in the centre midfield, and Walshe out the right wing. Our brightest prospect Jason Hughes (centre mid as well) is out injured at the moment but he's one to keep an eye on in future games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    Crowd of about 600 I reckon

Keep an eye on Wayne Colbert in the centre midfield, and Walshe out the right wing. Our brightest prospect Jason Hughes (centre mid as well) is out injured at the moment but he's one to keep an eye on in future games
    OK good stuff - thanks for the info jebus. Will hopefully be writing about a tasty 6-0 win later!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Heard it was a 4-1 win for Limerick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Really enjoyed it in at Jackman Park tonight. Great result, good atmosphere in the stand with the drum and the lads up the back singing - Think I might come back next week for the Athlone match! What is it with kids running around the place though?!! There were 2 young fellas trying to squirt a bottle of evian water at eachother whilst weaving in and out of everyone in the 2nd half, and a bunch of girls playing a large scale game of tag in the first. The old lad close to me was getting very annoyed with it all at one stage

With regards the players, the number 3 I thought was very good. His set piece deliveries with the left foot were usually excellent and whipped in with pace.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lads,
    Just a quick comment on one of yer players Martin Deady.
    This young fellow is full of talent. Always has been.
    Watch out for him he is a class act.Wouldn,t belong before other clubs come looking for him.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Was a strange line up tonight but limerick did the job that had to be done. I hope Cummins getting carried into the dressing room isn't bad news, he showed some good touches and was able to beat a man. Nice little one two for Tierneys goal. Looking forward to having Hughes, Purcell and Colbert back hopefully for next week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

5 from last night

1. We were poor
    2. They were awful
    3. Tommy disinterested
    4. Why no Danagher from the start?
    5. No yingyang beer samples...for shame

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    1.No(trying to play a passing game-will take time)
    2.Yes(always going to struggle 1st season)
    3.No(was playing out of position)
    4.Dunno(cant say the 2 centre halves played badly)
    5.Now thats a shame(hopefully see some soon)
    "We've had a lot of good times, but you don't know how good they are until you have the bad ones" Tony Adams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    3. Not slating him just saying he looked disinterested and isnt he playing out of position for almost 2 seasons

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    True, he's been a bit of a "jack of all trades" recently but he is carrying a knee injury.He was'nt going to sign a contract till it was cleared up but seems to have been persuaded otherwise.

BTW Wallace up to his old tricks in Wexford last night.He would'nt let Waterford warm up on the pitch and the back pitch light was crap as usual.When Waterford forced the issue he relented but told them he would'nt give them food and drink after the game.What a tit!
    "We've had a lot of good times, but you don't know how good they are until you have the bad ones" Tony Adams

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Agree we weren't great last night but with no pre-season it was sharpness that was lacking. I didn't think Tommy had much to do last night but what he did he did alright. Was shouting and encouraging the team throughout so i wouldn't say he was disinterested. Hopefully the team will be a little sharper next week, which i expect they will. Look on the bright sie, we are 4th in the league and ahead of fingal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Well in fairness, after all the uncertainty of the pre-season, can you honestly expect an ace performance from the players? I was fully sure we were not gonna get 3 points last night, but yet again, I was proven wrong. As for Tommy, that man is Limerick FC personified, not a hope is he disinterested. However, I would feel a lot more confident with Garry Sheahan playing up front with Paul or John. I still expect a very strong challenge for playoffs this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    While i was initially dissapointed to lose sheehan i was very impressed with Cummins on Friday night.He has the pace of Sheehan for sure and looks crafty with the ball at feet.A few goals will do him the world of good.I think we'll see a lot better from this squad as the season progresses and they get match fit.Lack of pre season games very odvious at the minute.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Yet again, Paul looks excellent, but I still miss Garry to be honest, I'd rather have him there. Now, the main point here is that no matter what players you have playing, the key is getting them geed up. Now, we have a core support, anyone would've seen that if they had stayed on for a good 30 minutes after the final whistle on Friday, but we need numbers. Between myself and a few lads, we hope to do a quick round of te pitch boundary where the majority watch from, and encourage people to come up and have a laugh while singing with us. Now, this will be planned for the first big home game of the season, Waterford in April. I know you can't force this, but any extras always helps. [ Quoting Tesco there?] So hopefully, we get a few people hooked on the shed, and the noise level up. End of rant!
    Get into them! ( They're easyyyy! )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    LFC Zulu - Good on ya. Will be class if we can get a few more into the shed. Myself and the lads always stand next to the singing crowd and join in more often than not. Would be good if we could get the whole shed to contribute.

As on the match I thought we would stuggle and to be honest we did. If we were playing anyone else we would have been given a stiffer test but three points is three points. Few positives though, Cummins up front looks handy. O Callaghan altho poor on the ball looks solid enough back there and also got a goal. Team looks very small though and when hughes comes back it will be even smaller.

Final Question - Why was Dannagher put up front at the end
    Limerick Till I Die - I know I am, Im Sure I am......
    Keep the Red Flag Flying high!
    Keep the Blue Flag Flying high!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast