Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rovers Tallaght Ad campaign

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Well if thats not promoting your club and the League and thats very very positive if not to say very attractive and eyecatching. The idea of the Luas carriages s excellent and it looks very good. Do you expect it will stay like that though after 2 weeks?

Shamrock Rovers will be a success in Tallaght with such a catchment area and it is clearly establishing itself in the community there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Aye,

I was on the point of posting this.

One of these most professional and impressive off field venture I have seen in a long times.
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    This looks great! I'm impressed by this advertising campaign. I like mostly the ads in the LUAS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Just think what the league could be like if other clubs were run with such foresight, passion and sensibility.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This is where all clubs should be aiming to be IMHO. (Not geographically I hasten to add)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
    This is where all clubs should be aiming to be IMHO. (Not geographically I hasten to add)
    Easier said than don to be honest. Historically Shamrock Rovers will always be a household name and I'm delighted for them they have a home they can call their own but for them its effectively a clean slate. They have existing support and a new catchment and a good catchment at that and also an attractive brand new stadium.

Looking at a local example I've seen, and been involved with Finn Harps and an attempt to spread the word and get the fans out. It was for the most part failed effort. Much of it the clubs failing in its unwillinness to address a rot withing the club structure and I guess people had enough of been called upon to help the club out.

Obviously if you are at the pinnacle of the game in the countries top league you should be attractive and appealing to the wider audience. We all know where the appeal is but looking at the example set above thats real progress and real intention and so positive.

Just an opinion.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Looks great, Rovers are going about establishing a presence in Tallaght in a very impressive manner. It must be an expensive campaign, should pay off in the long run though I suppose.
    Last edited by Longfordian; 08/03/2009 at 8:57 PM. Reason: typographical error
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Great job, I know its a well worn cliche, but a strong Rovers is essential for the league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Excellent stuff by Rovers -companies ususally pay their ad agencies very good money to come up with campaigns like this, so great to see an LOI club doing it for themselves.

Rovers have a big advantage over all other LOI clubs in the fact they are an existing brand with a genuinely new product (football in Tallaght) and some genuinely 'new' news to talk about. But there's no reason why other clubs couldn't look to follow the essence of what Rovers is doing here.

They should hopefully have full houses for the first few games off the back of this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Absolutely streets ahead of every other club in the country. Should get people talking too.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    genuinly delighted for rovers i was at the very last game at miltown over 20 years ago, always had a soft spot for them - wish i could be there on friday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Rovers have a big advantage over all other LOI clubs in the fact they are an existing brand with a genuinely new product (football in Tallaght) and some genuinely 'new' news to talk about. But there's no reason why other clubs couldn't look to follow the essence of what Rovers is doing here.
    Very true. Rovers have had half a year to prepare for this.

It's still brilliant, though. It'll definitely get people talking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Fair play to Rovers. Very positive promotion of the club. I'd say it cost a good few bob anyway. Hopefully it pays off for them

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    True. It is really like a brand relaunch as everyone knows the name already.

Maybe Rovers should be giving presentations to the other clubs showing them how they organised their marketing.

Good news stories are rare in the league so something like this will also benefit other clubs indirectly.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    It's easy to say Rovers have a new brand to launch and so have an unfair advantage. Bohs could be plastering buses, or at least a few billboards in Phibsborough showing off the double winners, or building up anticipation of a crack at the Champions League. Instead the mentality of most clubs is to chuck out a few flyers in local shops and instead spend their thousands on mediocre players.

I've no marketing or business degree, but if clubs spent tens of thousands on this sort of advertising, instead of hundreds of thousands on a single player like Joe Gamble, it might make a bigger difference to crowds and the perception of the league than it would by massively overpaying certain players.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    impressive. VERY impressive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Looks ridiculously good. Excellent for any tourists too who want to catch a live game in the capital. Well done Rovers.
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauro 76 View Post
    Looks ridiculously good. Excellent for any tourists too who want to catch a live game in the capital. Well done Rovers.
    The council out in Tallaght must one of the few in Ireland who actually "get it" that tourists are not interested in GAA, but soccer.

This is another reason the GAA sent out their "jesuits in the shadows" to try and kill off Rovers in Tallaght. To this day I am amazed that Rovers/Soccer won that case. Must not been too many Opus Dei/Bogballers in SDCC.
    Last edited by Boh_So_Good; 09/03/2009 at 12:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boh_So_Good View Post
    The council out in Tallaght must one of the few in Ireland who actually "get it" that tourists are not interested in GAA, but soccer.

This is another reason the GAA sent out their "jesuits in the shadows" to try and kill off Rovers in Tallaght. To this day I am amazed that Rovers/Soccer won that case. Must not been too many Opus Dei/Bogballers in SDCC.
    Must you lower the tone of this thread with your anti-GAA talk?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast