Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Kevin Murray in I Proved Supporters Wrong Shocker

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Exclamation Kevin Murray in I Proved Supporters Wrong Shocker

Winner at home to drogs, u-21 league winner medal & man of thre match in said final.

Could swear I heard Kevin Murray say he'd proved his knocker(s) wrong last night in Inchicore

Last edited by pete; 03/12/2003 at 11:13 AM.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

GavinZac
    \o/ super kev \o/
    the mediterrainean magician

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Kevin Murray in I Proved Supporters Wrong Shocker

Originally posted by pete
    Winner at home to drogs, u-21 league winner medal & man of thre match in said final.

Could swear I heard Kevin Murray say he'd proved his knocker(s) wrong last night in Inchicore

He played very well last night alright...... at the back, which is where he belongs. To be fair, to both him & his critics, I think people have have been most critical of him when he was played glaringly out of position in midfield, a position he is not suitable for at all. I think Pat needs to take this on board and ensure that Kev gets playing in his more natural position at the back, hopefully we'll recruit a few midfielders which will eliminate the need to be playing people out of position next season.
    Up she Flew!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    yeah, there were only a few who got on Kev's back, i think most of the more reasonable contributors realised the problem was with Dolan playing the kid out of position and out of his depth. He played well last night, has had a nice run over the last few games and i think he's improving. Definitely one of a few good prospects on the U21 side.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fair play to Kev. He's played in the wrong position all season, yet still emerged with some credit. Round of applause...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Kevin Murray in I Proved Supporters Wrong Shocker

Originally posted by pete

He proved nothing except that those of us who have been growing increasingly tired of seeing him picked in midfield ahead of a number of other better midfield players were right all along: He's a defender.

When I heard that Kev had put in a MOTM performance, I knew it had to be at the back - there is no way it was from midfield.
    As for his performance against Drogs, don't let the goal fool you. He was brutal before & after it.We were praying that he'd be subbed, and then he bloody scored!

I'm delighted he did well with the U21's and hope that he stays at the back where he should do well.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Just when it seemed that Sir Hoof-a-lot had hung up his boots we've gone and found a young and upcoming replacement for him!!!!

While I admit to being probably the biggest slater of Kevin Murray all season I was impressed with his performance in the U21 final. I don't take back any of the abuse I gave him during the season because whether or not he is a good player he didn't try hard enough when on the pitch. Thats why I slated.

But watching him play centre back was a different story. He is very good under the high balls and seem to be able to organise the back four well. And most importantly when the going gets tough he showed that he is an expert in hoofing!!!!