Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dermot Keely tells it like it is

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Is the league not just in a transition process from poor regulation and poor financial management, moving to a new era of tighter regulation and financial & regulatory best practice via the licensing route, the coaching qualification criteria and other steps the FAI has taken following farcical governance faults like player registration errors etc.? I know the FAI would like people to think this way but is this the case? If not, what's the reality? Whose fault is it if Drogheda, Bohs, Cork or whoever can't live within their means? Have I missed the point?
    The FAI have supposedly been licencing clubs for years now, before they even took over the running of the league. It's been a total farce from the very start and the recent round continue this trend.

Ultimately it is the clubs fault if they get into the mess of Drogs or Cork, but, and it is a massive but, Licencing was supposed to be the process that stops this. It hasn't worked, and has only punished the clubs that are open and transparent about their affairs. To top it all off, the FAI then help one of the real basket cases achieve their licence this year.

As has been said, if criticism isn't valid, the FAI should be able to deal with it. If it is they should accept it and say what they are doing to deal with it. The wishy washy guff the FAI comes out with does more damage than valid criticism imo.

Edit - you can see what a farce it is by the latest from the indo on Cork
    Last edited by Macy; 02/03/2009 at 9:17 AM.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairy Bowsie View Post
    Jebus, you will drown in your own ignorance one day and i only hope i'm there to laugh.
    You will be mowed over by the tractor of ridicule one week and I only hope I'm there to dance the can-can

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234