Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayo Super League 2009

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Mayo Super League 2009

How do people see this years Super League going? Do you think it´s fair to say that with Castlebar Celtic going into the A Championship and their B team taking over the reins in the Super League that the favourites to go down would be two from Fahy, Kilmore and Castlebar? S+F seemed to be top five material to me last year, possibly even as high as top two or three. The contenders for the title should be Westport (who must be hot favourites again), Ballina and.... who else?

Will Snugboro continue last years progress? What of last years mid-table teams? Which direction will Manulla, Erris and Ballyheane be going?
    Can either Fahy or Kilmore stay up?

Would be interested in people´s opinions, any word on how the rule changes may affect things, or transfer news or new signings.
    Last edited by FahyForever; 19/02/2009 at 1:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FahyForever View Post
    How do people see this years Super League going? Do you think it´s fair to say that with Castlebar Celtic going into the A Championship and their B team taking over the reins in the Super League that the favourites to go down would be two from Fahy, Kilmore and Castlebar? S+F seemed to be top five material to me last year, possibly even as high as top two or three. The contenders for the title should be Westport (who must be hot favourites again), Ballina and.... who else?

Will Snugboro continue last years progress? What of last years mid-table teams? Which direction will Manulla. Erris and Ballyheane be going?

Would be interested in people´s opinions, any word on how the rule changes may affect things, or transfer news or new signings.
    have to agree that westport and ballina will be favourites. i can see ballina pipping westport this year.
    however, as for celtic being favourites to go down, i cannot see that happening. we will still have a decent super league squad and we also have a few more 16, 17 and 18 year olds that are probably too young to play eircom league so you add last years b team along with some of the kids, we should have a squad capable of finishing in the top four.
    kilmore will probably go down but if fahy can keep thier full squad for the full season they might have a chance of staying up. they have a few decent players.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Will Snugboro continue last years progress? What of last years mid-table teams? Which direction will Manulla. Erris and Ballyheane be going?

Westport in a league of there own, with Celtic have to say regrouping for a year, with some of there players trying to find there feet, with there new dizzy height. as for Manulla should put a real challenge should they decide to return to 2 teams from 3 Erris will put in good displays win some lose some .
    Ballyheane/ Snugboro will battle to stay ahead of the bottom 2 of Fahey and Kilmor. Should have more in there locker than the two teams coming up.
    Have to say same old story.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    You think fahy and kilmore will have more in the locker than Celtic B and S&F???? have you seen fahy or kilmore play much??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by theboy View Post
    You think fahy and kilmore will have more in the locker than Celtic B and S&F???? have you seen fahy or kilmore play much??
    Who thinks this? Are you hearing voices in your head?? Nobody made that claim on this thread. Fahy and Kilmore were ´the two teams coming up´ Renovator was referring to, if thats what you meant. I like way you emphasise your ´point´ by giving capital letters to S+F and Celtic B and not to Kilmore and Fahy! Could you be anymore condescending?
    Last edited by FahyForever; 19/02/2009 at 10:10 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Who thinks this? Are you hearing voices in your head?? Nobody made that claim on this thread. Fahy and Kilmore were ´the two teams coming up´ Renovator was referring to, if thats what you meant. I like way you emphasise your ´point´ by giving capital letters to S+F and Celtic B and not to Kilmore and Fahy! Could you be anymore condescending?
    I could be.... i must have picked his quote up wrong. relax!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I have done. It just seemed that you were writing teams off already! So is it true what you said that if the B teams were to come first and second in the Premier league then nobody would go down from the Super league? It seems a bit unfair on the like of Claremorris and Bangor who would have stayed up last year. And very lucky for Kilmore and Fahy! But I suppose it´s similar to the situation with new division 3; some teams are going to get dealt a bad hand...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My say for what its worth ;)

I'd say it will be tough to stay up in the super league but we are taking it seriously and will have a much stronger squad than last year, fitter and hard to beat. I think apart from Westport giving us a hiding, we will give a good game to any of the rest of them.

We have an ok record against super league teams in our history whenever we met in cups. Twice taken Ballina to extra time, losing to Celtic by an odd goal, beating Manulla and losing in the last min to them last year, beaten snuggies more than they have beaten us, taken erris to pens.

S & F will be looking forward to us having beaten us 4 times last year.

We'll be looking to Celtic, Manulla, Ballyheane, Kilmore and possibly Erris to pick up points. Anything against S & F, Westport, Ballina, Snuggies will be a bonus.

Westport will win the league this year easily, ballina 2nd, S & F 3rd, Snuggies 4th.

Bottom Kilmore, 2nd last and 3rd last us and Celtic dont know what order...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodFootball View Post
    I'd say it will be tough to stay up in the super league but we are taking it seriously and will have a much stronger squad than last year, fitter and hard to beat. I think apart from Westport giving us a hiding, we will give a good game to any of the rest of them.

We have an ok record against super league teams in our history whenever we met in cups. Twice taken Ballina to extra time, losing to Celtic by an odd goal, beating Manulla and losing in the last min to them last year, beaten snuggies more than they have beaten us, taken erris to pens.

We'll be looking to Celtic, Manulla, Ballyheane, Kilmore and possibly Erris to pick up points. Anything against S & F, Westport, Ballina, Snuggies will be a bonus.

Westport will win the league this year easily, ballina 2nd, S & F 3rd, Snuggies 4th.

i can't honestly believe that some of you lot think we will go down. we have a squad that will easily finish in the top five at least. our super league squad will not be an exact replicate of last years b team. with new signings coming in it will mean that some of the super league squad from the last few years will still be playing super league and i'm not saying that we will win it but we certainly won't be battling relegation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    For a start, I never said I thought ye would go down. I just asked if it was fair to say that the three teams going up (apart from S+F) were the most likely to be struggling next year. With Castlebar going to A championship it´s effectively the B team replacing them. So that was the three I referred to.

Castlebar always have youth coming through and if you say there are some current Super League players staying in the Super league then that will only make ye stronger again. But persuming ye will ´easily finish´ top five ´at least´ sounds like misplaced optimism.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    For a start, I never said I thought ye would go down. I just asked if it was fair to say that the three teams going up (apart from S+F) were the most likely to be struggling next year. With Castlebar going to A championship it´s effectively the B team replacing them. So that was the three I referred to.

Castlebar always have youth coming through and if you say there are some current Super League players staying in the Super league then that will only make ye stronger again. But persuming ye will ´easily finish´ top five ´at least´ sounds like misplaced optimism.
    i wouldn't say it is being optimistic. we have ambitions to win everything we enter as would the likes of westport, athenry and all the top junior clubs in ireland would aswell and i'll be realistic in saying that we probably won't win the super league. however, in my opinion the squad that will be playing in the super league should be capable of finishing in the top five.
    sorry if i'm sounding cocky but thats my opinion and from a fans point of view and i'm sure the players would feel the same, we would feel that it wouldn't be a great season if we didn't finish in the top five
    Last edited by hoop4life; 19/02/2009 at 11:17 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I have done. It just seemed that you were writing teams off already! So is it true what you said that if the B teams were to come first and second in the Premier league then nobody would go down from the Super league? It seems a bit unfair on the like of Claremorris and Bangor who would have stayed up last year. And very lucky for Kilmore and Fahy! But I suppose it´s similar to the situation with new division 3; some teams are going to get dealt a bad hand...
    as far as im aware that will be the story, if manulla b and westport b finish in the top 2 of the premier no one will go up and no one will come down, i think they are doing away with the possibility of teams finishing 4th and 5th in the premier league going up into the super league. i think this is right.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

sounds like ye are putting alot of effort into next season and fair play to ye. to be honest a dont think many SL teams will like playing the like of fahy, s&f or celtic b. i think it'll make the SL a bit more interesting but agree that westport will be the team to beat, they have some top class players. the boro i dont think will post as much of a challange as they did last year as i think SG is there many player( any truth in him joining the celtic A-league squad??) if erris continue there good run they could be there with a good go. ballina need to have mick duffy fit, manulla and ballyheane will be around mid table. hard to say where the likes of fahy,s&f and celtic will finish, but these 3 teams will take points from teams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    sounds like ye are putting alot of effort into next season and fair play to ye. to be honest a dont think many SL teams will like playing the like of fahy, s&f or celtic b. i think it'll make the SL a bit more interesting but agree that westport will be the team to beat, they have some top class players. the boro i dont think will post as much of a challange as they did last year as i think SG is there many player( any truth in him joining the celtic A-league squad??) if erris continue there good run they could be there with a good go. ballina need to have mick duffy fit, manulla and ballyheane will be around mid table. hard to say where the likes of fahy,s&f and celtic will finish, but these 3 teams will take points from teams.
    ballina will push westport all the way this year. westport are still a very good side but IMO they are not the force that they use to be. think manulla could be dark horses this year if they can keep their full squad together. they have a decent squad and also have a few decent youngsters coming through. s & f, ballyheane, boro around mid-table. don't think kilmore will stay up but fahy might have a chance. where are fahy playing their home games this year? this could be a big factor because if they play in milebush astroturf, the likes of westport, ballina and celtic would pass them off the pitch out there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoop4life View Post
    ballina will push westport all the way this year. westport are still a very good side but IMO they are not the force that they use to be. think manulla could be dark horses this year if they can keep their full squad together. they have a decent squad and also have a few decent youngsters coming through. s & f, ballyheane, boro around mid-table. don't think kilmore will stay up but fahy might have a chance. where are fahy playing their home games this year? this could be a big factor because if they play in milebush astroturf, the likes of westport, ballina and celtic would pass them off the pitch out there.
    Not fully decided yet I think, a nice tight pitch would suit us surely. Who knows though we might surprise a few and play them off the pitch with a nice passing style

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Not fully decided yet I think, a nice tight pitch would suit us surely. Who knows though we might surprise a few and play them off the pitch with a nice passing style
    ya i did hear that ye were the arsenal of the premier division last year.!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    would i be crazy in suggesting that a bigger pitch might suit fahy, hope to get the lads as fit as possible and hope to play a bit of football ourselves? i know the idea of a good super league team like westport and a few others could play us of the pitch, but surley their skills would be even more effective on a tight pitch where close control of the ball is crucial???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    as far as im aware that will be the story, if manulla b and westport b finish in the top 2 of the premier no one will go up and no one will come down, i think they are doing away with the possibility of teams finishing 4th and 5th in the premier league going up into the super league. i think this is right.
    So what would happen if Erris and Manulla were the bottom two in the Super and if Erris B and Manulla B were the top two in the Premier?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish-Head View Post
    So what would happen if Erris and Manulla were the bottom two in the Super and if Erris B and Manulla B were the top two in the Premier?
    nothing i'd imagine. both clubs would stay in super league and prem. division.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoop4life View Post
    nothing i'd imagine. both clubs would stay in super league and prem. division.
    Why would you imagine that?

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast