Gill realises task in hand

The showdown for the First Division title sees Dublin City and Bray Wanderers go head-to-head at Whitehall on Saturday night and Vikings manager John Gill is confident that his side can be victorious.

City only need a point to secure the championship while Bray need all three points just to draw level on 66 points with the Dublin side but their superior goal difference would see them clinch the title.

Gill believes that his side are focused on the task in hand and that they will not be found wanting when it comes to battling against their more experienced opponents.

"To win it we’re going to have to be at our best," admitted Gill. "But I have a lot of belief in my team and you’ve got to be confident going into games like this.

We’ll give Bray the respect they deserve but we’ve a great chance of making a little bit of history for ourselves and I can assure you it won’t be for the lack of effort on our part."

from http://www.eleven-a-side.com/

On a personnel note, this team has given me some of the best nights in my life. They’ve been brilliant all year. Whatever happens on Saturday night, I’ll be a Viking forever!