Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: "Them Derry Wans" not paying their Dues?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Graemerz View Post
    My club is wrong more often than right and its ran poorly. I am not disillusional like Self Pity FC supporters.
    OBSESSED.

It's telling that it took a Glens fan to start the thread and a blueman to join him.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    So waht have we learnt from this thread.

1) Derry as a club are *****. Have been in the past (Dykes et al) and will be in the future no doubt. Treat pretty much every other club with disdain.
    2) Linfield fans see themselves as defenders of the IL
    3) Linfield themselves are run like a junior club
    4) None of Linfield, derry, Dungannon or UCD have a pot to **** in
    5) UCD fans complain a lot about finances
    6) Derry fans complain a lot

Did I miss anything?
    Well i guess we've learnt that Pats have at least 1 supporter. though i'm sure i saw about 20 sitting in the stand the last time i saw them. Then again that might have been the European game.

You might have missed the point, that Pats and Bohs might follow Shels and be playing in the 1st Div next year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Nah, you definitely didnt learn that from this thread.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

garyderry
    Quote Originally Posted by Derry View Post
    Well i guess we've learnt that Pats have at least 1 supporter. though i'm sure i saw about 20 sitting in the stand the last time i saw them. Then again that might have been the European game.

You might have missed the point, that Pats and Bohs might follow Shels and be playing in the 1st Div next year.
    WTF are you on about? whatever about Bohs, what on earth are you on about Pats????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Graemerz View Post
    Our agenda is never Derry City. Can Derry City state their agenda is never Linfield? You seem as obsessed with us as much as every team in the Irish League are, ffs.

Self Pity FC.
    Aren't you still trying to work-out where Derry is, my unreconstructed little WUM friend......?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    219 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post
    OBSESSED.

It's telling that it took a Glens fan to start the thread
    How so? Would the story be any different if a fan of another club had posted it first?
    OBSESSED.
    and a blueman to join him.
    Actually, a number of other (LOI) posters "joined in" before Graemerz, with comments eg about other delayed transfer payments etc by DCFC.
    As for Linfield's dispute over Stewart, it is no longer "news" and fwiw, from what I read at the time, I personally suspect that LFC do not have a case.

Anyhow, if your best (only?) answer to this question over DCFC's conduct in the McGinn transfer is to question the motives of the questioner, then it doesn't say much for your credibility...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EalingGreen View Post
    Anyhow, if your best (only?) answer to this question over DCFC's conduct in the McGinn transfer is to question the motives of the questioner, then it doesn't say much for your credibility...
    Selective reading on your behalf.

There's obviously substance to the allegations, and we do unfortunately have previous, but given the thread is light on facts and high on sensationalist nonsense (comparisons with the Bosman stuff and the Stewart deal), surely I can be forgiven for actually waiting for the facts to emerge.

In any case, as a shareholder in the club I prefer to raise issues when it counts rather than spouting off on an internet forum, as I've tried that and it doesn't really achieve much.

So thats me covered. Whats your interest, benevolence towards Dungannon no doubt?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    219 Posts
    Selective reading on your behalf.

There's obviously substance to the allegations, and we do unfortunately have previous, but given the thread is light on facts and high on sensationalist nonsense (comparisons with the Bosman stuff and the Stewart deal), surely I can be forgiven for actually waiting for the facts to emerge.
    You accuse me of "selective reading", yet indulge in "selective quoting" about issues (Bosman, Stewart), neither of which was raised by me. Indeed, when I originally brought this topic to Members' attention, I simply posted the article without comment.

In any case, as a shareholder in the club I prefer to raise issues when it counts rather than spouting off on an internet forum, as I've tried that and it doesn't really achieve much.
    If you are solely interested in the "issues", why are you questioning my motives? Would you have done so had a fan of an LOI club originally posted the article, rather than one of an IL club?

So thats me covered. Whats your interest, benevolence towards Dungannon no doubt?
    Am I not entitled to be critical of Derry when they appear to be behaving badly, just because of who I support?
    Insofar as I have an "interest", it is one of "benevolence" towards a small club which seems to be getting shafted by a slightly bigger club - not a very edifying sight, nor a helpful one for the sake of football in Ireland.
    For the record, I would feel the same if e.g. Derry were getting shafted by Celtic over this transfer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    You accuse me of "selective reading", yet indulge in "selective quoting" about issues (Bosman, Stewart), neither of which was raised by me. Indeed, when I originally brought this topic to Members' attention, I simply posted the article without comment.
    And that lasted all of 12 minutes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    219 Posts
    And that lasted all of 12 minutes.
    Which I make 11 minutes and 59 seconds longer than you've spent on the issue, rather than the "issuer".
    I am not the point, here, Derry City's transfer dealing is.

garyderry
    Which I make 11 minutes and 59 seconds longer than you've spent on the issue, rather than the "issuer".
    I am not the point, here, Derry City's transfer dealing is.
    Those running your club dont seem to be as childish as yourself, considering they were happy to do a deal for Scullion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    219 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyderry View Post
    Those running your club dont seem to be as childish as yourself, considering they were happy to do a deal for Scullion.
    What's "childish" about anything I've posted?

Although you'll probably have a pop when I wonder how DCFC have got the money to pay GFC for Scullion, when they don't appear to have settled any of what they owe Swifts.

I trust the Glens have got a secure payment plan in place...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345