Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: "Them Derry Wans" not paying their Dues?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Did the wolf arrange a cash plus friendly deal? What was the percentage of add-on?
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanVsDalton View Post
    Did the wolf arrange a cash plus friendly deal? What was the percentage of add-on?
    There's a simple solution to this problem; pay your bills and you won't have to put up with anyone complaining about you not paying your bills.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bald Student View Post
    Pay your bills and people will stop complaining about you not paying your bills.
    Not on this forum. More whingers here than in the Dail.

I see Jeffrey is still clutching at straws.

Ealing Green, have you not more to worry about, now that the IFA are at last making some kind of effort to push your supporters into acting responsible when out in public.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    So now Linfield are claiming we owe them money when only a few weeks ago they stumped up money to pay us for Mc Hugh.

It's not Derry's fault they made a total c0ckup of Stewarts contract that a junior club wouldn't do.

Sounds like they're on the bandwagon. Tut tut.
    So if you think Bohs are big read this. http://www.astronomy.ie/perpespective.html

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    What does **** me off a little about the preaching on this messageboard is that "the truth, i say it as it is" comes from Pineapple Stu, a UCD fan who has never tasted success in his life. Instead of supporting a real club with aspirations of winning a trophy he obsesses on a messageboard over the finances of everyone else. Its pretty pathetic and i certainly wouldnt be overtly proud to have such "knowledge" of everyone elses finances. No offence Stu, i actually enjoy some of your posts but its repetitiveness and preaching tone has gotten quite tiresome at this stage.
    Just for you Stu, taken from another thread, but you get the point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bald Student View Post
    There's a simple solution to this problem; pay your bills and you won't have to put up with anyone complaining about you not paying your bills.
    Wait..we owe the wolf now?

You don't make this 'banter' thing easy do you?

By the way, some of the comments on here are a bit reminiscent of Higgins circa the Shels implosion. If these reported financial problems are simply misinformation how come the City board has failed to come up with a satisfactory response to Swifts? Or, more importantly, to the concern of fans?

Lads these are simple questions being asked of the club and we're coming up embarrassingly short.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    711 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derry View Post
    Your point being that we should all be Man Utd fans.

UCD fans will probably stop being whiney ****s about other club's finances when we're no longer competing for players with clubs who... ah, heck, you know what our problem is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Dj is adament we offered at least 3 deals to Thomas Stewart, weather or not we did it "officially" we'll soon find out.
    Linfield Football Club - Hatchets & Hammers - You Can Only Envy Us

A Blue 52

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Graemerz View Post
    Dj is adament we offered at least 3 deals to Thomas Stewart, weather or not we did it "officially" we'll soon find out.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sp...-13896951.html

The important bit is below where Linfield admit they did not follow the correct procedure in trying to retain Thomas.

Derry City officials have told Linfield they are entitled to nothing because the club failed to offer Stewart a contract, in writing via registered post, 60 days before the conclusion of his recently expired two-year deal.

While Linfield accept that to be the case, the club's manager, David Jeffrey, and the player, are understood to have held contract talks midway through last season with a view to re-visit the matter at the end of the campaign.

Linfield secretary Ken Greer said: "There was a verbal offer of contract made to the player and it was agreed to discuss things at the end of the season. Up until Thomas moved to Derry City there was a new contract on the table for him to consider.

"Regardless of this, FIFA indicates that the former club, in this case being Linfield, is entitled to justify a request for training compensation.

Case closed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So if you think Bohs are big read this. http://www.astronomy.ie/perpespective.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Candystripe View Post
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sp...-13896951.html

The important bit is below where Linfield admit they did not follow the correct procedure in trying to retain Thomas.

Derry City officials have told Linfield they are entitled to nothing because the club failed to offer Stewart a contract, in writing via registered post, 60 days before the conclusion of his recently expired two-year deal.

While Linfield accept that to be the case, the club's manager, David Jeffrey, and the player, are understood to have held contract talks midway through last season with a view to re-visit the matter at the end of the campaign.

Linfield secretary Ken Greer said: "There was a verbal offer of contract made to the player and it was agreed to discuss things at the end of the season. Up until Thomas moved to Derry City there was a new contract on the table for him to consider.

"Regardless of this, FIFA indicates that the former club, in this case being Linfield, is entitled to justify a request for training compensation.

Case closed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

case clearly not closed.

A Blue 52

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by City till I Die View Post
    Maribor the last accounts you saw were before the McCourt, Sammon and McGinn deals were included, and also the Celtic friendly.
    Aye, also before we paid wages for the whole of the off season, the trip to Spain etc etc etc. You don't need to see accounts to work out the approximate cashflow of a club.

You'll be aware of what happened last February when I question finances on a club message board so I am staying well out of it.

As for the Tommy Stewart one,I would be supremely confident we will emerge "victorious" on that issues, them "tubes" can go back to whinging about whatever is next on the agenda.....
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Graemerz View Post

case clearly not closed.
    Read the FIFA rules.

Stewart was only under contract with Linfield for 22 months which falls short of the period which compo has to be paid.

Case closed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maribor View Post
    Aye, also before we paid wages for the whole of the off season, the trip to Spain etc etc etc. You don't need to see accounts to work out the approximate cashflow of a club.

You'll be aware of what happened last February when I question finances on a club message board so I am staying well out of it.

As for the Tommy Stewart one,I would be supremely confident we will emerge "victorious" on that issues, them "tubes" can go back to whinging about whatever is next on the agenda.....
    Our agenda is never Derry City. Can Derry City state their agenda is never Linfield? You seem as obsessed with us as much as every team in the Irish League are, ffs.

Self Pity FC.

A Blue 52

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Cracker wan.

Can Derry City state their agenda is never Linfield? Aye, I think we can.

I think Linfield, and their fans, have an exceedingly high opinion of themselves.

It is your club chasing mine for money, and I merely made a comment on the situation. If that ranks with obsession, no wonder people think Bluemen are paranoid.......
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derry View Post
    Taken from the same thread, by me -

Always amuses me how fans of clubs almost always shirk away from any negative talk about their club, even when it's so blatantly obvious how much trouble they're in.
    Goes for every Derry fan bar Maribor, whom you should really all be paying more attention to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Taken from the same thread, by me
    By the same token, if someone makes a habit of complaining and doomsaying about everything, people stop listening. Call it the David McWilliams effect.

On DCchat a lot of posters have expressed serious disquiet about the allegations, particularly in light of previous behaviour. But given the facts are anything but clear at the minute, people are waiting to hear the full story before they call for crucifixtion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post
    By the same token, if someone makes a habit of complaining and doomsaying about everything, people stop listening. Call it the David McWilliams effect.
    As is your choice. Doesn't change any of the facts as I've posted. Doesn't bother me if people put their fingers in their ears and their heads in the sand every time something bad is said about their club. I find it amusing, bordering on curious, is all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    So waht have we learnt from this thread.

1) Derry as a club are *****. Have been in the past (Dykes et al) and will be in the future no doubt. Treat pretty much every other club with disdain.
    2) Linfield fans see themselves as defenders of the IL
    3) Linfield themselves are run like a junior club
    4) None of Linfield, derry, Dungannon or UCD have a pot to **** in
    5) UCD fans complain a lot about finances
    6) Derry fans complain a lot

Did I miss anything?
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Everyone thinks their club is the best run in the world, and that their club couldn't possibly be wrong.

Other than that, you've summed it up well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Everyone thinks their club is the best run in the world, and that their club couldn't possibly be wrong.

Other than that, you've summed it up well.
    My club is wrong more often than right and its ran poorly. I am not disillusional like Self Pity FC supporters.

A Blue 52

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast