Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kildare County. Not an A-League Club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    [quote=dapman1;1107618]
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy;1105552"
    So by your reasoning any town thats within 30 miles of Dublin is only a place for Dubs to sleep? ...
    Not any town, but I have friends in Kilcullen and Newbridge who work in Dublin, as do most of their neighbours. You should takwe a trip down the old N6 some time, the dormer towns stretch as far as Kilbeggan, which is a hell of a lot longer than 30 miles to Dublin

And that we should all just give up our county identity because of this?
    No, not at all, never suggested that

Man, there are some real muppets out there
    Compare that to Sporting Fingal, spending stupid money on journey-men players like Zayed who follow the mullah and leave when it's gone
    Just like your friend in his first post. Fingal has a massive population, but because they have money, and are spending it on players, you feel they have no right to be in the League? Manah manah, du du du-du-du, manah manah, du du du-du
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I dont really care about Fingal, good luck to them I say. I can remember being in Galway when we beat them 5:2 during the last game of the season a few years back and there wasnt even 200 at the game, let alone the magical 500. You seem to have forgotten your recent history. As far as the rest of your note is concerned; should the rest of Leinster now stop pretending that it has its own identity, as its all just part of Dublin? So, when the motroway is finally opened all the way to Galway, and people start to commute (and they will) to Dublin, are you going to shut up shop and start supporting Fingal, or Shels etc, or are you going to keep supporting your local side?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Looking forward to out game Friday provided i can walk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    I must admit I'm happy to see Kildare back in the LOI. I have great memories from that night but I'm dissappointed that Cobh are the ones now that have gone.
    Kildare fans: What is the problem with your attendences? Personally i thought that when you came into the league it would only take a couple of season before you got into the premier. Is it the location of the club or the name of the club? ie could kildare county attract more if they where based in say Naas, Kildare town or maynooth for example or is it the fact that kildare county sounds like a gaa side and could you consider to call yourselves newbridge rather than the name you already have.
    Long Live King Kenny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dapman1 View Post
    I dont really care about Fingal, good luck to them I say. I can remember being in Galway when we beat them 5:2 during the last game of the season a few years back and there wasnt even 200 at the game, let alone the magical 500. You seem to have forgotten your recent history. As far as the rest of your note is concerned; should the rest of Leinster now stop pretending that it has its own identity, as its all just part of Dublin? So, when the motroway is finally opened all the way to Galway, and people start to commute (and they will) to Dublin, are you going to shut up shop and start supporting Fingal, or Shels etc, or are you going to keep supporting your local side?
    What makes you think I have forgotten our recent history, are you reading between the lines for something that isn't there? Look at your own history, ye didn't exactly follow the Lisbon Lions geographical template.
    And seen as you mentioned crowds, how many attended the most important game of your stint in the league, the second leg of the play-off with Mervue, when your future in the League was at stake??
    Well done to your club for getting bumped back into the league, my initial point was simply that this 'provincial' tag was, in my opinion, unjustified

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I like the way that Kildare bring through youth players but attendances are poor.
    Look Kildare lost the relegation playoff and should be in the A-league whats the point in having a relegation playoff if the team loses stay in the first division

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundalkjames View Post
    I like the way that Kildare bring through youth players but attendances are poor.
    Look Kildare lost the relegation playoff and should be in the A-league whats the point in having a relegation playoff if the team loses stay in the first division
    I really dont see what that has to do with Kildare? We applied for a licence and we achieved one. If the other teams in the league had all managed to attain one, then we would be in the A championship, which is what we have been getting ready for. But they didnt, so we are back. End of story.

In terms of attendance, well I guess its a chicken and egg thing isnt it? You will get more fans with a better team/ you will be able to afford a better team with more fans. Every team at the bottom of the first division is in the same predicament i.e: a big drop off in support depending on where you sit between 1st place and 12th place.

Last season was a real sickner for all the long term supporters of KCFC, and the malaise on the pitch affected those working off the pitch, so I think that the wind was taken out of everybodies sails, very early on.

What we do have is a very friendly and welcoming club, that is striving to develop local talent and decent facilities to make league of Ireland football a long term reality in this area (no different to any other club). We have noticed an increase in the numbers of younger supporters attending week in week out, and the numbers that are signed up to the supporters club is increasing. This is a long term project, so nothing is going to happen over night. Our main strategy over the past few years has been the stabilisation of our finances, and the development of local talent. We have achieved huge steps forward in the first area, hopefully we will start to see the results of our efforts in the second, which should mean the return of the more fickle elements of our support.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Well technically you've achieved a conditional licence. You still have to pay last season's players.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    When Kildare county started they were getting 500-600 at games. Novelty factor wore off combined with the standard of football and mistakes made by the club reduced the averages down to around the 200 mark.

The past is the past. Having watched this club since its birth and seeing mistakes made on and off the pitch I think the club is now choosing the most sensible strategy going forward and it will reap dividends in the years ahead.

Changing names or locations wont fix anything. Station road is an ideal venue in the biggest sporting town in the county beside a train station and the M7. Its put on a plate for the people in Kildare to get up off their arses and support the team.

Better marketing of a better product combined with sensible management will ensure the survival of the club. KCFC got their license fair and square. Others didnt. Thats not Kildare's fault. As for being a commuter town of Dublin..what a load of rubbish. Newbridge was around long before the dubs moved out with a long tradition in leinster senior soccer with Newbridge Town FC. Its nothing at all to do with dublin or commuters FFS.

This arguement about attendances should be ditched. Its not the 70's anymore. Division 1 will always be 100 to 500 bar your long established teams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bananarepublic View Post
    When Kildare county started they were getting 500-600 at games. Novelty factor wore off combined with the standard of football and mistakes made by the club reduced the averages down to around the 200 mark.

The past is the past. Having watched this club since its birth and seeing mistakes made on and off the pitch I think the club is now choosing the most sensible strategy going forward and it will reap dividends in the years ahead.

Changing names or locations wont fix anything. Station road is an ideal venue in the biggest sporting town in the county beside a train station and the M7. Its put on a plate for the people in Kildare to get up off their arses and support the team.

Better marketing of a better product combined with sensible management will ensure the survival of the club. KCFC got their license fair and square. Others didnt. Thats not Kildare's fault. As for being a commuter town of Dublin..what a load of rubbish. Newbridge was around long before the dubs moved out with a long tradition in leinster senior soccer with Newbridge Town FC. Its nothing at all to do with dublin or commuters FFS.

This arguement about attendances should be ditched. Its not the 70's anymore. Division 1 will always be 100 to 500 bar your long established teams.
    just a quick question how many would Newbridge town get at a game?
    Long Live King Kenny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    [quote=WoodquayBoy;1107668][quote=dapman1;1107618]

Not any town, but I have friends in Kilcullen and Newbridge who work in Dublin, as do most of their neighbours. You should takwe a trip down the old N6 some time, the dormer towns stretch as far as Kilbeggan, which is a hell of a lot longer than 30 miles to Dublin

What next? Will you claiming that Tullamore Town is another Dublin club?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Who did you beat 5:2 a few years ago?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    [quote=The Lep;1107839][quote=WoodquayBoy;1107668]

What next? Will you claiming that Tullamore Town is another Dublin club?
    Yup. And Monaghan, Drogheda and Bray. Dubs out I say, time to form a breakaway league along the western seaboard.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxy lilywhite View Post
    just a quick question how many would Newbridge town get at a game?
    Very few nowadays. I'm not using NTFC as an arguement for support and crowds but merely that there is a soccer tradition in the town so it was a logical choice to put Kildare County there.

Newbridge Town v. Newbridge Rangers used to attract huge crowds years ago but thats not today or yesterday. You had Newbridge Rovers and St. Conleths as well long before "the dubs" arrived and all would have been playing in the upper reaches of their various leagues which would have been LSL and Counties (Leinster).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ye bringing down much Friday night ?
    First time playing us at the cross if im right ? or first time playing us ever?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Well technically you've achieved a conditional licence. You still have to pay last season's players.
    Funny that, one club gets a a conditional licence dependent on the players being paid their arrears (this happened during the summer and was sorted soon after, we just need to show that) and one club goes for 3 months without paying theirs at all and nothig said

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lep View Post
    Who did you beat 5:2 a few years ago?
    Galway, last game of 2004, missed out on promotion by one place, 3 went up that year. Long long time ago...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    ...journey-men players like Zayed who follow the mullah...
    Zayed's a Muslim?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Well im glad Kildare are back, shame about Cobh but i enjoyed my trips to Station Road so ill be looking forward to those this year. Might have another team celebrating promotion at station road on the last day of the season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GalwayRed View Post
    Well im glad Kildare are back, shame about Cobh but i enjoyed my trips to Station Road so ill be looking forward to those this year. Might have another team celebrating promotion at station road on the last day of the season
    Kildare for promotion?!
    www.dundalkfc.com

Colin Scanlon - hero!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast