Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: The Youth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

The Youth

How about a thread to discuss the young players coming through?

Anyway just seen the u-15's lost to Belgium but they did beat Lithuania 5-0 earlier in the week. Two names that got my attenion were Noe Babo and Carel Tio Fack.

Two good old irish names there. Hopefully they are good.

Any news on how conor clifford and Robert Brady are getting on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishultra View Post
    How about a thread to discuss the young players coming through?

Anyway just seen the u-15's lost to Belgium but they did beat Lithuania 5-0 earlier in the week. Two names that got my attenion were Noe Babo and Carel Tio Fack.

Two good old irish names there. Hopefully they are good.

Any news on how conor clifford and Robert Brady are getting on?
    noe baba is only 12 years old playing for ireland u15s. plays for castlebar celtic. fantastic player. born in cameroon. nearly every club in the premiership and more suppose to be after him. plays centre back or centre midfield. serious talent.

carel tio fack is also cameroon born. striker from cork. thats all that i know about him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    i think if he has talent somebody should convince him to play in the league of ireland for a year or two, but i guess thats a long way away yet. damn only 12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishultra View Post
    i think if he has talent somebody should convince him to play in the league of ireland for a year or two, but i guess thats a long way away yet. damn only 12
    would be great to see him play in the league of ireland, especially for castlebar celtic. however, like a lot of our young starlets, he will end up in england and in my opinion, at one of the big clubs. i know that he is only 12 and im not just saying this because he is playing at the club i am involved with but this lad has the potential to go all the way to the top.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    This fella sounds like a very promising prospect. I am sure the likes of Arsenal could move to whole family to London and set them up over there to nab him if they wanted too.

Heard to believe now that Arsenal once did the same thing to secure Anthony Stokes from Shels Stokes was a red hot prospect at the time, the whole Manu link with Shels was supposedly to help them land Stokes, but when Arsenal moved the whole family over and he signed before he was 16 then Manu plugged the plus soon after on the Shels linkup.

bhs
    Last edited by blackholesun; 13/02/2009 at 9:53 PM.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Good article about Noe Baba (Castlebar Celtic) 15, in the Mayo News this week.

He was mentioned in a recent thread, and didn't want to start a thread dedicated to him just yet.
    http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?opt...&Itemid=100008
    He’s now considered arguably the finest talent in the Irish U-16 side and English clubs have been doing more than just taking note.
    Clubs who have had him over read like an introduction to Match of the Day. Manchester United, Arsenal, Manchester City, Everton, West Ham, Birmingham, Newcastle, Blackburn and Fulham have all had a closer look. So too have Glasgow Celtic.
    Manchester United appear to be leading the chase at the moment. Noe travelled with their U-17s to Brazil recently and they look the most likely at present to sign Baba next summer, when he turns 16 — the minimum age for a contract. But while such coveting would go to the head of many 15-year-olds, Noe Baba is philosophical about it.
    “My dream is to be a professional footballer and if you want to make it, there are some decisions you are going to have to make and maybe that’s moving over [to England].
    “At the moment I’m here, playing with Celtic. The rest of it, dad deals with it. Whatever happens, happens.
    “My dad is better placed. We have this connection where if something is good for me, then it is good for him, so I leave it up to him.”
    Best of luck to him.

(I saw a picture very similiar to the one in that article on the Examiner on Vincent Browne newspaper round up. It was about racial abuse of rising young star. I hope it wasn't. I'll wait til 1-3am when the Examiner articles usually come out.)

Seems it was about Noe.
    http://examiner.ie/ireland/rising-st...se-185659.html
    Sad to hear about racist abuse at U16 and younger level in local soccer.
    Last edited by Closed Account; 01/03/2012 at 9:59 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Seems it was about Noe.
    Sad to hear about racist abuse at U16 and younger level in local soccer.[/QUOTE]

Thats really sickening to hear. I can genuinely see lots of players like this opting to play for the countries of the parents in future, and who can blame them with this going on

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RiffRaff View Post
    Seems it was about Noe.
    Sad to hear about racist abuse at U16 and younger level in local soccer.
    Thats really sickening to hear. I can genuinely see lots of players like this opting to play for the countries of the parents in future, and who can blame them with this going on[/QUOTE]

The abuse is of course a disgrace. As an aside if I moved to another country at 10 or 11 I'd still want to play for Ireland.