Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dunphy's Moral/Psychological Flux

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dunphy's Moral/Psychological Flux

It was bad enough having to stomach 4 millionaire establishment goons on the Late Late Show talking about the plain people of Ireland and how they are suffering, but when Dunphy burst into tears talking about Irishmen losing their jobs and having to tell their children about it, all I could think of how this wrinkled gob****e spent the last 20 years using taxpayers money to wage war on an indigious Irish soccer industry by telling the plain people of Ireland worship their foreign Gods in the British leagues.

I guess it could only take the psychology of an Irish journalist to fluctuate between such diametrically opposed concepts as shedding crocodile tears for the unemplyed Irishman in Ireland, while making it his life's work to make the British millionaire even richer at the expense of the native Irish football industry.

One thing Dunphy forgot to mentioned during his arm wringing, tear gushing performance whereby an Irish man has to tell his child he lost his job and can't pay the mortage... that the chances are that the unemployed Irishman is most likely saying this while wearing a Liverpool or Chelsea jersey to his similarly clad family and if they were to look at all the money they wasted on buying British soccer jerseys, weekend trips to Old Trafford or Anfield, money spent in pubs while screming in religious hysteria for their British heroes on the giant screens, and all the money spent on pints during this charade, coupled with the cost of the RTE TV licience, SKY Sports packages and all the Irish newspapers he purchased which printed millions of column inches devoted to the British soccer industry, said unemployed father may of saved enough money to pay the mortage for a couple of years.

But alas Dunphy told them to indulge the millionaires of the British soccer industry while telling them the League of Ireland was crap...."Bill".

Gas oul world..."Bill".
    Last edited by Boh_So_Good; 06/02/2009 at 11:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boh_So_Good View Post
    It was bad enough having to stomach 4 millionaire establishment goons on the Late Late Show talking about the plain people of Ireland and how they are suffering, but when Dunphy burst into tears talking about Irishmen losing their jobs and having to tell their children about it, all I could think of how this wrinkled gob****e spent the last 20 years using taxpayers money to wage war on an indigious Irish soccer industry by telling the plain people of Ireland worship their foreign Gods in the British leagues.

I guess it could only take the psychology of an Irish journalist to fluctuate between such diametrically opposed concepts as shedding crocodile tears for the unemplyed Irishman in Ireland, while making it his life's work to make the British millionaire even richer at the expense of the native Irish football industry.

One thing Dunphy forgot to mentioned during his arm wringing, tear gushing performance whereby an Irish man has to tell his child he lost his job and can't pay the mortage... that the chances are that the unemployed Irishman is most likely saying this while wearing a Liverpool or Chelsea jersey to his similarly clad family and if they were to look at all the money they wasted on buying British soccer jerseys, weekend trips to Old Trafford or Anfield, money spent in pubs while screming in religious hysteria for their British heroes on the giant screens, and all the money spent on pints during this charade, coupled with the cost of the RTE TV licience, SKY Sports packages and all the Irish newspapers he purchased which printed millions of column inches devoted to the British soccer industry, said unemployed father may of saved enough money to pay the mortage for a couple of years.

But alas Dunphy told them to indulge the millionaires of the British soccer industry while telling them the League of Ireland was crap...."Bill".

Gas oul world..."Bill".
    I will agree they are all goons of the highest order, however Harris, Waters & Dunphy are NOT "establishment" nor wealthy, Dunphy has a bitta dosh but nothing great. This whole use of "establishment" and "political elite" over the last few months by leftists is really annoying me makes absolutely no sense. How can I say (of think) that some Fianna Fail hack is elite or superior to me????
    "No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." - Edmund Burke

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Dummy the Wum appears. The ultimate populist.

Everyone is affected by the economic climate, however when you can volunteer to take a pay cut, some people are less affected than others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I didn't see the show, so have no idea who you the 4 'goons' are. Dunphy's looking out for himself, and would appear at the opening of an envelope if it suited him.

But by Jesus, BSG, you really go OTT on the British Soccer thing! I mean, I laughed at your 'Identity Crisis' thread as much as anyone, but c'mon man, enough is enough.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I agree croc tears but........

We don't have a foot ball industry and will never have one not because of the PL or SPL but becasue of the economics and 4m souls and the GAA.

[
    QUOTE]
    [/quote]

What s sh*te statement!! Do you work for the Sun by any chance, that's more sensational than Dunphy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Dunphy, Harris and Waters are hardly going to challenge people's ideas, especially when the discussion is chaired by Kenny. But that's par for the course in Irish public debate of late. Who was the fourth?

As for the native football, should the league and its clubs have a Buy Irish logo?
    Last edited by BohDiddley; 08/02/2009 at 1:15 PM. Reason: '

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I wouldn't mind seeing that discussion. Is the Late Late repeated during the week?
    Neale Fenn on retiring: 'I think once you finish you might as well finish rather than making all sorts of comebacks.'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BohDiddley View Post
    As for the native football, should the league and it's clubs have a Buy Irish logo?
    Dundalk FC will be sponsored by 400 businesses from the town this season and will have a 'Shop Dundalk' logo on the front of the jersey.
    www.dundalkfc.com

Colin Scanlon - hero!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SMorgan View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing that discussion. Is the Late Late repeated during the week?
    It should be on the RTE website.
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Get down of the cross and leave somebody else up you martyr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holidaysong View Post
    Dundalk FC will be sponsored by 400 businesses from the town this season and will have a 'Shop Dundalk' logo on the front of the jersey.
    Don't know the details but that sounds like outstanding work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Dunphy as a working class hero is a joke. His tears were from plummet in value of the shares he held in Anglo Irish Bank

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheifo View Post
    Don't know the details but that sounds like outstanding work.

Considering there isn't 400 business in Dundalk. Have they even sold 400 season tickets yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The honest answer is, I don't know. But one thing I do know is that the club has a match sponsor for 15 on next season home league matches sold already, at €2,500 a go. That's some bloody going. Dundalk has got its off-field act together, bigtime.
    Neale Fenn on retiring: 'I think once you finish you might as well finish rather than making all sorts of comebacks.'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chopper harris View Post
    Considering there isn't 400 business in Dundalk. Have they even sold 400 season tickets yet?
    You silly wazzock.

I enjoyed BSG's original post, the Plain People of Ireland know what they want and they get what they deserve.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts

To boh so good

You had me interested with a good beginning to your post. Some good points. But once you started in about English football and wearing Liverpool/Chelsea jerseys, ya lost all credibility. I mean give it up man will you. Doesn't matter what I think, but have some pride in yourself. It sounds worse than ridiculous.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    [quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by eelmonster View Post
    You silly wazzock.

I take it yez have 400 season tickets sold so.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boh_So_Good View Post

In fairness - most of the stuff in bold above is money being spent partially or wholly within the Irish economy. How does someomne wearing a football top bought in an Irish shop (a chunk of the sale price may go to an English football club - but they have to wear something, and very few of the clothes sold in Ireland are made here and/or sold by locally-based businesses anyway), sitting in an Irish bar drinking Irish beer whilst watching an Irish TV channel contribute to the downfall of the Irsih economy ?

I buy into the broad sweep of yopur arguement - but the route you've gone down is self-contradictory.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    it is funny thought that they complain about being broke, but anyone who spend 5-700 euro a go, to see there EPL team play live are off there games, and quiet frankly deserve to be broke, the sad thing is when this recession is over, all will be forgotten about, being broke, and having the car reposesst, and everything will go back to normal, like noting happened,

if i decide i want to go see man u or liverpool 5-6 time a year i cant exactly go and complain that i have no money, this isnt even a football discussion its a moral one,
    dunphy is right to take the cut, and the rest should to, or be made, in all fairness the plank isnt in demand anywhere so who is he to get 850,000 a year
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelarmyexile View Post
    I will agree they are all goons of the highest order, however Harris, Waters & Dunphy are NOT "establishment" nor wealthy,
    You mean apart from Harris being appointed to the senate by Bertie as payback for the ridiculously bias Late Late before the last election? Of course Dunphy, Waters and Harris are establishment figures, hence why Kenny trots them out in the first place.

I prefer the "self styled political elite" to be honest - the type of people earning hundreds of thousands a year who feel they can preach to the ordinary joe about sucking up 10-12% reductions in living standards. Very easy when you're starting point is what they are earning.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast