Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: who s gonna win the fai junior cup

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Thumbs up who s gonna win the fai junior cup

i think its gonna be clonmel town or fairview rangers.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    hopefully itll be some cork team anyway, although thats pretty unlikely. maybe kinsale will come close again this yr. fairview will definately be there or thereabouts as well...

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by dollarsandcents
    hopefully itll be some cork team anyway, although thats pretty unlikely. maybe kinsale will come close again this yr. fairview will definately be there or thereabouts as well...
    kinsale won today by the way. 2-1 AET against carbury celtic/rovers(??) frrom sligo. into the last 32...

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wink

I reckon that Mungret could be a good outside bet!!! The had a great win away in Kildare at the weekend , and with many players still to come back from injury their squad is getting better at the right time!!! Mungret have always been a good cup team and this year they may advance unnoticed.

Also they have Alan Finucane to return in February from Australia , so watch this space!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    my money is on saint michaels from tipp or portmarnock. the junior cup is getting great coverage in the star this year .fair play to them . about time junior soccer got the coverage it deserves. does a guy called jason mullins play with mungret. i would like to see them go all the way. forget about 1996

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    draw for the last 16 is here.

noones gonna stop fairview me thinks. like to see kinsale/maymount win it..

Fairview Rangers (Limerick) v Mungret Regional (Limerick)
    St.Kevins Boys (Dublin) v Crosshaven F.C. (M.S.L.)
    Janesboro (Limerick) v Lisselton Rovers (Kerry)
    Portmarnock (Dublin) v Cockhill Celtic (Donegal)
    Kinsale F.C. (Cork) v Carrick United (Waterford)
    Freebooters (Kilkenny) v Raheny United (Dublin)
    Maymount F.C. (Cork) v Boyle Celtic (Sligo)
    Galway Hibs (Galway) v Carndonagh F.C. (Donegal)

Games to played on Sunday, February 8th

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thumbs down Mungret for the FAI?

Frank - how can you possibly think that Mungret Regional has any hope of winning an FAI. They had their chance years ago. JuniorClubs in Limerick have moved a long way from the game Mungret played back then and still try to play now. They will be relegated this year and good ridance, they play a crap game on a crap surface. Make way for teams that want to play a bit of football. Mungret look bad, play bad and should be in the lower divisions of any league.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Foot.ie! St.Kevins chances?

I think St.Kevins could do it. Alot of people have given them no chance of beating Fairview this sunday but upsets can happen. They've gotten to the quarter-finals more or less unnoticed so I wouldn't rule them out upseting the odds by beating Fairview and maybe winning the whole thing.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    they will have to throw everything they have at fairview if they want to beat them. i would love to see carrick united win the fai this year. Waterford football is under rated some good sides down there great underage structures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    St Kevins do have a good chance this year, Fairview are not the world beaters that everyone thinks they are. Still laughing at the idea that Mungret had a chance of an FAI. They will never win anything not even in 1B.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    fairview won one nil at home. there oozing with class. there to the fai what real madrid are to the champions league. clear favourates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The View are a good team and they have good players in key positions. The standard of junior football has certainly increased over the last few years and its about time the papers recognised this. Saying that there are 4 clubs in Limerick that are miles ahead of the rest,they are Fairview, Janesboro, Pike and Balla. The rest are there to make up the numbers - its a pity really but it also has a positive effect. It means more players will be join these clubs and this will help them achieve success in National Competitions.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    corbally wont be bad in a couple of years they are goin in the right direction if they keep it together. the tipp league is the same with 4 teams who are a mile ahead of the rest. Clonmel town ,saint michaels,clonmel celtic and two mile borris are all great sides the rest aren t consistent enough. the standard of youths football in tipp league is very good though. limerick FC should snap up some of these young lads if they had any vision. Back to the fai the momentum is there for carrick they ll do anyone at home . they had a great win over cobh in munster senior and are still in munster junior nice to see a new name competing for major honours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Corball have a good set up but they need to have a team playing in the Premier league for them to get any real recognition. Carrick loook like they are playing very well at the moment and had a very good win in the Munster Senior Cup against Cobh. They are down to play Janesboro FC in the next round of the Munster Junior and that should be a good game. They look like they are very strong at home. What kind of set up do they have in Carrick?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    yeah the limerick league is the same as the tipp league clonmel town clonmel celtic st michaels and peake villa are way ahead of the rest . the others just arent consistent enough to compete. fairview and clonmel town in the munster junior semi will be some game. i fancy clonmel to beat them they will be fired up for it. carrick have a good set up over a million spent on club house 2 astro turf pitchs 2 good pitches aswell. they play good football. the future is bright for soccer in carrick on suir. rock rovers are also from carrick on suir but they play in tipp league. they have astro turf pitches aswell and won of the best pitches in munster. they have the best youth team in tipperary and one of the best junior strikers in the country in alan coady. he won the oscar traynor on his own for tipp league last year. he led rock to last 32 of fai this year where portmarnock robbed them on penos. definately another club to watch out for soon a bit like corbally in limerick . the young players and structures are there for them to build on......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I think Clonmel will definately give the View a run for their money, they are a good side and one the day can beat anyone in the country, saying that Fairview have the experience and a good habit of winning. Tipp deserved to win the Oscar Traynor final, they showed more heart and desire on the day. It was a disadvantage for the Limerick side to play at the Bancha venue. The surface was very good but the pitch was very narrow and Limerick depended on their wingers to supply the front line. Its not an excuse but I think the Limerick side could have won that game if they had a decent Manager on the side line. Some of his decisions were crazy and it cost the game. I have seen Rock Rovers set up and it is an excellent pitch. There should be a certain standard of pitch required in Junior football, some of the pitches are a disgrace and people wonder why games get small crowds. Who wants to see football played in the air. Who are Tipp playing in the Oscar Traynor this weekend? Limerick are down to play the Leinster Senior League.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry

Managers in junior football have a lot to answer for.
    Junior football managers in Limerick offer nothing to the scenario most are journey men just following the cash from club to club & most are just bluffing their way through the job.......moving from Pike to Boro is never a good move......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Blackstripe - i think you could be correct in what you say. Limerick Junior Football has been plagued with politics as most other leagues are. The Limerick Oscar Traynor squad is a prime example, that side is weakened because of politics. Its gone so far that its looked on with distain by most players and thats not helped by the fact that the LDMC is as tight as a nuns knickers. There have been a few good Managers through the years but they are few and far between. I blame the Clubs, they seem to go with Old School managers that are beyond it but worse than that they believe that they know whats right. Its simple really out with the old and in with the new. Someone should point out that doggies every night is not progressive. It's a game played with a ball, why not train with it. One young manager at the moment in Limerick is Christy Earles, he has worked well with Balla with limited resourses and they look like they have a good chance of the league. Another is White from Fairview he looks organised although not tested he looked like he coped welll against St Kevins.

Clubs have to adopt new training methods and ideas and to do that they must get in fresh blood, clubs for me are turning into drinking clubs rather than football clubs.

Euthanasia?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Football has changed drastically in Ireland over the last couple of years but the Charimen of some of the bigger Junior Clubs in Limerick haven't moved with the times they are still of the impression that people who talk a good game i.e Janesboros manager, can organise a team to victory, gone are the days when individuals win major trophies for Junior clubs, teams need to be well organised by young coaches with the relevant coaching badges that are required to organise a team & who are up to speed with the chages that have taken place within the game & a game plan is a must.
    Some managers don't have the first idea about what a game plan is & how to organise their team to play with such a pattern, Janesboro, Mungret & Summerville are prime examples in Limerick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I have watched the Boro play a few games this yera and over the last few seasons. They have buckets of talent but what lets them down every year is the fact they play without a definate and comprenshive game plan. They could be one of the top clubs in the country and have lived in the shadow of Fairview for many yeras. They started to realise their potential under Dave Connell when they blitzed the league and were unlucky in the smi final of the FAI. Since then they seem to have taken another step backwards.

Its a pity because they are Limerick's biggest underachievers. This in my opinion is down to management, the management of that club should take a good look at what they want to achieve and appoint someone with the right know how to achieve it.

It would be nice to have another club in Limerick beside the View, Pike I feel are like Janesboro bags of potential but they never really get any consistancy.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast