Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 119 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Séamus Coleman (D Everton b.1988)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KildareFan View Post
    He came on for the final ten minutes against Bolton on Sunday and the winning goal for Klasnic seemed to be shot through his legs although it would be hard to blame him.

He didn't get many rave reviews for his performance though. It's really not a good time for him to breaking into the everton team, it was far from ideal throwing somebody so untried into the action for the final ten minutes when everton were under pressure but needs must and this spell could either make or break him at the club. He will probably get a run out at some stage tonight in the carling cup against spurs
    Hopefully he can make amends and impress the manager and fans. If he takes his chance with Everton in these coming weeks, he might get a call up to the senior national team.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Put in a Man of the Match performence vs AEK tonight in Greece. Was outstanding to be fair.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    Have to agree. Seamus had a solid, solid game. Young Duffy did very well for a 17 year old making his debut in such circumstances too. Great seeing the young Irish men do well.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    just watched that match, great to see him get a full 90 in his proper position. He put in a great performance as everton were backs to the wall for the whole second half.
    we looked from Montrose to Swords, from swords to Montrose and from Montrose to Swords again but already it was impossible to spot UCDs right winger

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    why cant they get duffy sorted lads? Predator i bestow the power unto you to sort this lads future out in the ROI colours.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    I'll see what I can do Paul! To be fair, Don Givens et al are getting paid to do that stuff! Let's hope Trap was watching - Coleman was excellent and Duffy is a definite prospect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
    I'll see what I can do Paul! To be fair, Don Givens et al are getting paid to do that stuff! Let's hope Trap was watching - Coleman was excellent and Duffy is a definite prospect.
    It's probably more of a question for Sean McCaffrey as Duffy trained with his squad at a training camp previously. Perhaps he's just decided to play for the North to improve his profile in England. It's up to him i suppose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    according to Sky Sports Coleman played centre mid, I thought he was a full back?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    according to Sky Sports Coleman played centre mid, I thought he was a full back?
    He is, and he played right back tonight.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Gosling played on the wing with Pienaar Cahill and Fellaini in the centre and Billyaletdinov on the other wing.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by co. down green View Post
    It's probably more of a question for Sean McCaffrey as Duffy trained with his squad at a training camp previously. Perhaps he's just decided to play for the North to improve his profile in England. It's up to him i suppose.
    This guy is doing much better than most of the under 21 and under 19 defenders at the minute, so I just thought Givens might have considered him, especially given that Coleman is an Everton man too, so he's obviously following their progress. Maybe you're right, but like I've said on previous threads and on Duffy's thread, I'd hate it if it was a case of managers intentionally not picking him for some reason, because he obviously has the talent. He might get more chances this season, so who knows who will be watching?
    He played full back for the entire game as far as I remember. Was solid too.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Seamie Coleman was superb for Everton v AEK Athens

definitely the next Ireland right full

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
    Maybe you're right, but like I've said on previous threads and on Duffy's thread, I'd hate it if it was a case of managers intentionally not picking him for some reason, because he obviously has the talent. He might get more chances this season, so who knows who will be watching?
    I'd love to see all the Ulster lads progressing for Ireland obviously. Hopefully both Coleman & Duffy will be representing Ireland at senior level in years to come. Gibson is already there, Marc Wilson is on the fringes and lads like McEleney at Sunderland can do the same.
    Last edited by co. down green; 03/12/2009 at 1:01 AM. Reason: .

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Time now for Duffy to declare

He's a very big lad, looks good

Natural successor to Richard Dunne ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Coleman went down as starting in center mid. He and Gosling swapped on kickoff. They said on commentary ''Coleman starts in center midfield but has swapped with Gosling as expected.''

Not sure what was going on, but he definitely played 90 minutes at right full.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    maybe he gets so out of position Moyes just told him he was playing centre mid and left it at that?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Coleman had great game but was very lucky not to have given away a penalty.
    Looks like a player that if the games mount up will become the regular Everton right back , no harm as Hibbert is and has been looking like his best days are behind him. Only thing is will he get the games when Jagielka returns as Yobo may slot in at right back.
    I'll update this next year.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Hasnt Duffy already been named on the bench for NI a few times? hard to see him reverting to us at this stage unfortunately.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Just to reiterate what most have said.

Seamie had an excellent game last night as did Duffy. The pitch really was horrible, it's hard to imagine a Leinster Senior League game being played on a pitch like it but what I liked about Coleman was that he was so eager to get forward yet didn't seem to be caught out defensively until very late in the game. A lot of people thought he was lucky to not have given away a penalty but it looked like their player had handled the ball when controlling it anyway. He has a real chance now at everton because right back is a problem position, Hibbert and Neill aren't really good enough even though Hibbert is very definitely a favourite of Moyes. Yobo was tried at right full before and was a disaster, he won't be used there again. Neill is eligble on Sunday but if yobo and distin are still out I would expect Neill to partner Hibbert in the centre and Seamie to keep his place because Johnny Heitinga is also suspended.

Duffy understandably nervous when he came on at first but he really settled into the game and looks quite a prospect, seems to have quite a decent turn of pace about him and considering everton have been so poor defensively this season, the pair really took their chance particularly in the second half when everton were under a lot of pressure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by First View Post
    Coleman had great game but was very lucky not to have given away a penalty.
    Looks like a player that if the games mount up will become the regular Everton right back , no harm as Hibbert is and has been looking like his best days are behind him. Only thing is will he get the games when Jagielka returns as Yobo may slot in at right back.
    Tony Hibbert and best days in the same sentence ? Didn't think that was possible.
    Coleman for Ireland

Page 4 of 119 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast