Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 119 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Séamus Coleman (D Everton b.1988)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    seems to me like there were more players than Seamie out of their depth in Portugal tonight... and Fellaini seems to be taking a lot of the rap on the messageboards.

Was he directly at fault for any of the goals do you reckon?
    The whole Everton team was outclassed, but Coleman made the same mistake every time which left the defence very exposed, considering that all Benfica's play was going down the wings. Every time he got the ball, Coleman was looking to beat a man or bomb forward, but when he did, he either lost the ball or was caught way out of position and seemed lethargic in getting back into position.

I hear a few people excusing his performance by saying he's out of position... full back is full back, Coleman was just all right foot tonight and at this level, not being able to use both feet is a weakness. Gosling was similarly poor and but he's not a defender. I think Moyes might have had better luck had he actually played a centre half in Duffy with Distin and let Hibbert play in his natural position. Coleman looks like he either needs to get back to full fitness or work on his game. Maybe a loan move after Christmas would benefit him?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    The defence got little or no help from the Midfield, Neville is sorely missed there. I think Coleman was probably culpable for the first two, he was just wrong side of his man for the 2nd one although his centrehalf could've been a bit closer to him.
    "I'm just a chilled out entertainer"

Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    apart from the first goal theres no way he was at fault for any of the others.

bilyedieniev (forgive the spelling) offered him no support whatsoever defensively. what a young lad needs on his debut. and anyone who says he was worse than hibbert or distin, two experienced premier league players wasnt watching the same game.

its not the same thing at all playing right back or left back. two different positions. if your used to playing at right full for a few years and then your thrown in at left full on your debut in front of 30000 or more your hardly going to be totally comfortable.

very harsh saying he's totally out of his depth. certainly was no worse than any other everton player. is tim cahill out of his depth? touched the ball twice id say

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Everton were shambolic, and come on lay off the lad he is given his debut and then told he will have to play on the wrong side. Of course it makes a huge difference even for tackling. For the performance i blame the senior players first and foremost though, Useless crowds of clowns. Cahill was useless, Hibbert and Distin no hope with either of those. Coleman was very exposed and very very green. From what i seen of Duffy and read about him he is certainly not ready yet.

Seamie Coleman does not look fit and i think a loan move to a lower division club would do him the world of good. I think he needs to learn he is a defender first and an attacker second but he is still an exciting talent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    Maybe I am being a bit harsh, but the lad's 21 and he looked very much like a League of Ireland player tonight. He'll need to get more games under his belt - I shouldn't be judging him too quickly... I was just surprised; I thought he'd step up.

Duffy's definitely not ready yet. He's only 17 like.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
    Maybe I am being a bit harsh, but the lad's 21 and he looked very much like a League of Ireland player tonight. He'll need to get more games under his belt - I shouldn't be judging him too quickly... I was just surprised; I thought he'd step up.

Duffy's definitely not ready yet. He's only 17 like.
    It was a very tough environment for a debut though- out of position, away from home, and having travelled. I'd withhold judgement for now without getting too excited one way or the other.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
    I hear a few people excusing his performance by saying he's out of position... full back is full back, Coleman was just all right foot tonight and at this level, not being able to use both feet is a weakness.
    Jayzus though. He's hardly alone there...
    I pity the fool!.... But suggest ways that he might improve himself.

www.thefastleague.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Was at the game, for my troubles. Some crack before and after, but the match itself….yuck. Look lads, We all want Seamy to do well, and I am sure he will improve, but call a spade a spade, he was awful Caught out of position all night, at fault for the first 2 goals. Distin was having to play Centre back and left back. Seamy looked terrible in possession, panicky and wobbly. Reminds me of a young Tony Hibbert!! The only consolation for him is, he wasn’t the only one, and he cant get any worse. He was dreadful. Fans not impressed with him atall, and to be fair, they spent a lot of money to get there.
    Speaking of dreadful….Jo…the guy is absolutely appalling. City spent £18m on this fella! £18m!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    That Russian guy gave him no real help in terms of encouragment - rewind back to Liverpool during the week against Lyon - at the tip off Gerrard played his first pass to M Kelly at right back to get an early touch. - no evidence of this type of mentality last night. Also the guy is a right back - it will stand to him I feel!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    feel very sorry for him to be playing in that side/defence tonight...distan was abysmal and looked like he had no interest,hibbert in my opinion is one of the worst players in the premiership...i'm an everton fan and think he is a terrible right back never mind centre half...dan gosling not a full back either...fellaini was brutal fdor 2nd ant 3rd goals...overrall terrible team performance,hopefully coleman will get another chance to shine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    dropping to the bench today for the visit to Bolton: http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archiv...rst-start.html
    Neill, along with John Heitinga, were both ineligible for the Europa Leagye tie but both start today at the expense of Seamus Coleman and Diniyar Bilyaletdinov.

The Russian winger is the latest addition to the growing list of injured players, whilst Coleman settles for a place on the bench as Moyes shuffles his defensive pack
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    came on in place of Johnny Heitinga towards the end with the game at 2-2. Finished 3-2 Bolton.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    How did he fare today when he came on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Seen the highlights of the Benfica game at the weekend & I wouldn't blame Coleman for any of the goals, Distin (At least I think it was him) seemed to get caught in the wrong positino too often, leaving a massive gap between him & Coleman. Fair enough he should be tucking in but I would argue that the experienced pro should be making the call to him, Richie Dunne wouldn't have let it o on.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by endabob1 View Post
    Seen the highlights of the Benfica game at the weekend & I wouldn't blame Coleman for any of the goals, Distin (At least I think it was him) seemed to get caught in the wrong positino too often, leaving a massive gap between him & Coleman. Fair enough he should be tucking in but I would argue that the experienced pro should be making the call to him, Richie Dunne wouldn't have let it o on.
    Why wouldn't you blame him for the first goal? A cross played in, he got caught ball watching and showed a complete lack of awareness as to what was going on around him - the Benfica player simply volleyed it in around the back post.

Poor defending and he can ony blame himself for that goal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Nope I played Left Back and the centre forward is the centre halfs job, Distin was lulled out of position, Coleman came to cover but was too slow, partial blame at worst imho

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by endabob1 View Post
    Nope I played Left Back and the centre forward is the centre halfs job, Distin was lulled out of position, Coleman came to cover but was too slow, partial blame at worst imho
    You obviously don't know the goal then. Here it is the first one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VExdE9Kgg0

Distin was covering his man in the centre. Even before the cross came in Coleman had a look around and could see his man. He than got caught ball watching and showed no awareness. Shame because he was in a decent position to start with. If a school boy defended like that he'd get a bollicking.

I hope you are not still playing left full

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Can't access You Tube from here but I will have to assume I have the goals in the wrong order.....

No longer play at all...... from tricky left winger, to tenacious midfield battler, to left back, to career threatening ligament injury, just when Trapp was about to call... apparently 37 is the new 21!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts
    http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/85/en...ca-5-0-everton

Coleman – 4: The inexperienced debutant was easily targeted and swamped by defenders every time he had the ball.

Guess it could be worse, he could be Gosling.

Incidentally didn't realise benfica had such a good team at the moment. Luisao, Ramires, Aimar and Saviola? Nice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    He came on for the final ten minutes against Bolton on Sunday and the winning goal for Klasnic seemed to be shot through his legs although it would be hard to blame him.

He didn't get many rave reviews for his performance though. It's really not a good time for him to breaking into the everton team, it was far from ideal throwing somebody so untried into the action for the final ten minutes when everton were under pressure but needs must and this spell could either make or break him at the club. He will probably get a run out at some stage tonight in the carling cup against spurs

Page 3 of 119 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast