Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 119 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119
Results 2,361 to 2,378 of 2378

Thread: Séamus Coleman (D Everton b.1988)

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Often Trap didn't even have Coleman in the squad !

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    751 Posts
    Did Coleman not have a poor season in the run up to Euro 2012? It was a long time ago now, I'm struggling to remember.

What I do remember is that the marginal call in the squad was about Kevin Foley, another right back, and that he missed out in the end. So clearly Coleman wasn't that close to selection.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    I’d say he’s probably only lost out on about 10 caps between his 2017 and more recent injuries so not prolific. I might be lying to myself but I remember him possibly being underutilized under Trap and him reluctant to call him up.
    Since that 2017 leg break he's missed 37 games for Ireland. 10 of those were for the leg break and he missed 7 games with his recent knee injury.

4. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    Since that 2017 leg break he's missed 37 games for Ireland. 10 of those were for the leg break and he missed 7 games with his recent knee injury.
    That leg break reduced Séamas as a player and is probably a factor in some of the other injuries he has had since. He would have been our best player ( by a distance ) since then, had he not have had that terrible injury. It could even be said that he was still our best player, even despite that injury.

That leg break was very bad for Séamus and for us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    This comes up from time to time , I wrote this a while ago about it: http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/Blog...96039860266728
    Basically, Coleman hadn't done enough that season to justify a squad position for the euros, and even if he did go he'd have been third choice, at best, to play at right full behind O'Shea and Kelly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    That 17 is far more than I thought. Didn’t think he’d have missed 10 in the year he was injured after Wales. Thanks for looking into it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    That 17 is far more than I thought. Didn’t think he’d have missed 10 in the year he was injured after Wales. Thanks for looking into it.
    Change that to 18. Transfermarkt put a big ad on the bottom of the screen that was blocking out the New Zealand friendly in the list.

What made you think it was a low figure of 10 though? Play around 10 games in a calendar year and wasn't he out for around a full year after the leg break and missed around 8 months with the knee injury.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Change that to 18. Transfermarkt put a big ad on the bottom of the screen that was blocking out the New Zealand friendly in the list.

What made you think it was a low figure of 10 though? Play around 10 games in a calendar year and wasn't he out for around a full year after the leg break and missed around 8 months with the knee injury.
    I simply made a mistake. I’ll try and do better in future JR.

11. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    751 Posts
    Coleman made his 360th Premier League appearance yesterday to move ahead of Rory Delap and up to seventh on the Irish all time EPL appearance list. If he plays every game Everton have left this season (unlikely at his age) he'd move ahead of Roy Keane into sixth.

Once he finishes at that level the top 10 won't change again for a long, long time as there is nobody else who is still playing who is anywhere near to it.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

13. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    One of three players taken off at halftime last night with Everton already 4-0 down away to Chelsea. It does feel like his last Premier League season, but at least last night was far from being solely his fault.

Another two-point deduction for Everton last week as well which drops them back to within two points of the drop

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Could see him move into a player coach role next season for Everton or retire to go into management. Don't think he'll do a Wes, Whelan, or McGoldrick by moving down the leagues to prolong his playing career.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    One of three players taken off at halftime last night with Everton already 4-0 down away to Chelsea. It does feel like his last Premier League season, but at least last night was far from being solely his fault.

Another two-point deduction for Everton last week as well which drops them back to within two points of the drop
    i believe based on the interview dyche did afterwards that he went off with an injury

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Maybe he just did a weird hop but almost looked like a hamstring issue late in the first half from what I saw.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Could see him move into a player coach role next season for Everton or retire to go into management. Don't think he'll do a Wes, Whelan, or McGoldrick by moving down the leagues to prolong his playing career.
    He has been doing his coaching badges - so that is where he is headed. There is still a lot of fallout to happen at Everton - so it might not be there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    Injuries and age take a natural toll on someone's body, but Seamus looks after himself and loves to play. He absolutely has another season at the top in him if Everton stay up. Carlo Ancelotti described him as one of his best captains and that force of personality in a dressing room can sometimes be underestimated from the outside. He looked outstanding in Ireland's last two games. When the time does come to call it a day, I wonder would he be tempted with a LOI swansong? It's very much a young man's league though!
    End Apartheid Now! One Team in Ireland!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
    Injuries and age take a natural toll on someone's body, but Seamus looks after himself and loves to play. He absolutely has another season at the top in him if Everton stay up. Carlo Ancelotti described him as one of his best captains and that force of personality in a dressing room can sometimes be underestimated from the outside. He looked outstanding in Ireland's last two games. When the time does come to call it a day, I wonder would he be tempted with a LOI swansong? It's very much a young man's league though!
    You do get the impression that he has the qualities that would make him a good manager

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Red Giant View Post
    You do get the impression that he has the qualities that would make him a good manager
    Does he have a dark manipulative side ? !

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    900 Posts
    You mean he's willing to wait endlessly for a national association operating in stasis to offer him a contract after hundreds of others have been linked to the job by bookies, journos, de brudder-in-law's mate who knows a fella who...?
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

24. Thanks From: