Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 14 of 119 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Séamus Coleman (D Everton b.1988)

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Kelly was on the bench for Fulham at the weekend.

Have to be mindful that all Colemans praise at the moment appears to be down to his 'attacking'. Whilst this is very much part of the modern game for a fullback, its his defending that will be of paramount importance to the current international setup.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Moyes on Seamus' performance:

"I thought Seamus Coleman in the first half was very poor - he gave away the goal and nearly another goal - but his performance in the second half improved.

"He showed what he could do and what he should have been doing. He made sure he made the winger defend rather than him having to defend."
    http://www.sportinglife.com/football...Nightlead.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts
    What a poor comment by Moyes, its his fault he is not getting the match sharpness.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Jasus it's very rare a manager would be that harsh about an individual player to the media, something else went on behind the scenes? A comment like that will make crap of Coleman's confidence!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    It's an interesting approach -- Ferguson for example always hypes up the young players at every opportunity.

More than likely an overenthusiastic journalist asked him excitedly about Coleman's phenomenal display, and Moyes was just tempering that hype. Moyes is a very good manager and I respect his opinion on players and performances. It's not as if he slammed Coleman, he just said that he started poorly before putting in a strong second half performance.

I don't think there's anything wrong with telling a young player that he can improve. Moyes talks in that same article about Rodwell pushing for Cahill's place...I think Moyes is the sort of manager who likes to push his players and challenge them rather than put the arm over the shoulder. I don't think many managers would insinuate that a player of Cahill's calibre would have his place under threat.
    Eirebhoy's "We Love You" Chant. RIP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7UfSbASyrQ

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Maybe Seamus is the type of player who responds to criticism rather than praise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    Very harsh. But I get the impression Seamus has a thick skin.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Unusually harsh comments from a manager about a young player but maybe Moyes felt that Coleman needed a kick in the ar$e after falling asleep twice in the first half, and as he said, caused a goal and nearly a 2nd.

Lets be honest here, we all hope Coleman steps up to be the right back we think he can be but if Paul McShane had made those 2 mistakes he would be gettin hammered on here and people would be saying that his manager should drop him.

At the moment Coleman seems to be very like Glen Johnson, excellent going forward but defensively suspect, and call me old fashioned but I want my defenders to be able to defend first and foremost
    Its really not that complicated!!!

9. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Actually Moyes does not need any advice from the like of us on how to manage his players and understanding the dynamics involved. You can assume that he is honest with Coleman and Coleman trusts him.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Actually Moyes does not need any advice from the like of us on how to manage his players and understanding the dynamics involved. You can assume that he is honest with Coleman and Coleman trusts him.
    but Ive played Championship manager and FIFA, I think Id know more than the likes of Moyes
    Its really not that complicated!!!

12. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    I see Coleman has come on as Everton are chasing a 1-0 deficit. On 75 minutes he has made one really good weaving run into the Villa box, with a cut back that didn't find an attacker, but in fairness was right into the danger area.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I see Coleman has come on as Everton are chasing a 1-0 deficit. On 75 minutes he has made one really good weaving run into the Villa box, with a cut back that didn't find an attacker, but in fairness was right into the danger area.
    I think someone compared him to S Hunt in the sense that he is a ball of energy when he comes on and adds a strong degree of enthusiasm. He played well today i thought. Not much defending to do, but make some very good runs and looked lively whenever on the ball. So far he looks a very bright prospect, as long as he keeps improving on his defensive game.

Decent game from Dunne too, good to see him some way back to form after the shambles that was the Newcastle game last week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    He definitely seems to have the skills necessary to make a few appearances on the wing, should Moyes not want to risk him at full-back. He did drop back when Heitinga came on though, so he only spent a few minutes on the wing.

I really hope Dunne didn't pick up a dead leg when he took out Beckford. He was struggling for a long time, although he did manage to finish the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    i was thinking the same thing charlie, that maybe moyes should try him at wide-midfield. but then i thought he might not have the pace - he's clearly got a strongly developed attacking instinct and (more importantly) balance but i wonder also if he sees/times his game better when coming from deeper LB positions? he certainly put the fright up the villa defence on that run into the box. nice player, unlike anything we have at present in the fullback areas.
    zombie/thread killer..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Coleman on for Everton against United for the last 20 minutes of the game. 3-1 down currently.

Commentator says it's his fifth Premiership appearance for Everton.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,304 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Coleman on for Everton against United for the last 20 minutes of the game. 3-1 down currently.

Commentator says it's his fifth Premiership appearance for Everton.
    that's right, 3 last season, 2 this season, all from the bench.
    he's only started 3 games for the Toffees, oddly enough all in the Europa League
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    Coleman's obviously improving if Moyes is willing to put him on against United. Everton pulled two back after Coleman came on too...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    He looked bright. Full of energy and always demanding the ball (from Arteta of all people!!). I'd love the Trap to consider giving him a role in the side. If he doesn't trust him at RB he could do a job on the right hand side of midfield if introduced as a sub because of his energy and willingness to attack the opposition.

O'Shea on the other hand had a mare for the goals Everton snatched in injury time. Lost out to Cahill twice and looked lost playing in front of the back 4.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    That was Evans, not O'Shea. For the first one at least - I'd have to see the second again, but neither were deep crosses so there's no reason O'Shea would be there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    you don't assume Evans is going to make the header and you certainly don't let Cahill run in between you and your fellow centre back. Evans was **** as well for the whole 90 minutes. Man Utd better hope Vidic never gets injured or they are struggling.

The 2nd goal? He got bullied by Cahill. He was marking him and allowed him to knock it down for Arteta.