Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 106 of 119 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 2378

Thread: Séamus Coleman (D Everton b.1988)

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Doctors pleased with Coleman operation

O'Neill revealed that the 28-year-old defender's operation took place early on Saturday morning following Friday night's goalless draw.

"He has realised everything that has happened and is obviously very disappointed," said O'Neill.

"It will take some time to heal, it's a double break but it has been pinned up now and screwed in.
    "I know the doctors and surgeons are all very, very pleased with the way the operation has gone and now it's time for recuperation."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39399063

So it all sounds positive, wishing him a full and speedy recovery.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    FIFA will cover Coleman's wages while he recovers from his leg-break as part as part of their club protection programme: http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2017/...62847-coleman/

Quote Originally Posted by RTÉ
    Fifa will pay Seamus Coleman’s wages while he recovers from a double leg fracture as part as part of their club protection programme.

The Everton defender suffered a double break of his right leg following a tackle by Wales' Neil Taylor in Friday's 0-0 draw in Dublin and is expected to be sidelined for at least six months.

Ireland manager Martin O’Neill reported on Coleman’s “successful” surgery, but admitted it was too difficult to put a timeline on his possible return to action.

Fifa’s club protection programme means they will cover his salary, believed to be in the region of £50,000-a-week at Goodison Park.
    Meanwhile, Martin O'Neill said earlier that Coleman was still coming to terms with the injury: http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2017/...-robbie-brady/

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Leahy
    Martin O’Neill admitted that Seamus Coleman is still coming to terms with the broken leg that he endured in Friday’s World Cup qualifier with Wales.

However, the manager believes that his captain will remain positive and take inspiration from other great players who have endured similar injuries.

The Everton defender suffered a double break in his lower leg following a horror challenge from Neil Taylor in the 0-0 draw with Wales, and remains in hospital following a successful surgery at the weekend.

“I think he’s just beginning to come to terms with it,” said O’Neill at this afternoon’s press conference.

"I saw him yesterday and he’s still pretty down about it. He’s not in as much pain, the operation went very well and it’s just a matter of coming to terms with it.

“Medically speaking, it’s very difficult. We’ll have to see how everything goes over the first few weeks. I don’t think anyone has put a timeline on it yet.”

The manager believes that Coleman is a very positive person and will be able to use that mental strength, combined with an excellent support network, to get right back on the road to recovery.

“I think he’s very positive and he will get into recovery mode as quickly as possible and then it’s up to him.

“Before I went to Celtic, Henrik Larsson had a very serious injury and he recovered magnificently and the injury didn’t bother him again until the end of his career.

“So great players have broken their legs and recovered so Seamus should take [inspiration].

“He’s down, as he would be, with the realisation that he is going to be out of action for quite some time.

“So those type of things don’t just take five minutes to get over, but he is very strong and has a lot of good people around him and his family are very strong as well and he is positive that he’ll be back and be as good as ever.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Ronnie Whelan's thoughts on Coleman injury and who should fill his shoes.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...-35569067.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    You can always rely on Ronnie Whelan to put a positive spin on things.

6. Thanks From:

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    You can always rely on Ronnie Whelan to put a positive spin on things.
    Coleman will be on suicide watch if he reads that.

Coleman now has a long, bleak road ahead of him and I don’t say that lightly.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    He needs to read the part about the foods to eat here. That works. ill have Ruud go to the grocery store.
    http://www.mybrokenleg.com/tips.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    Steven Reid's experience of a comeback from a long term injury in today's Independent: http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...-35570834.html
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisLetang View Post
    He needs to read the part about the foods to eat here. That works. ill have Ruud go to the grocery store.
    http://www.mybrokenleg.com/tips.html
    So you're not recommending Crackbird?
    Last edited by BonnieShels; 28/03/2017 at 5:10 PM.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Beglin's looks worse to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnHqlz1tbPM

His leg was on the round when it happened, Coleman's in the air, so I think that will be a cleaner break which should hopefully heal up nicely, I think it is better if it is away from the ankle which is a complex joint. I broke my ankle, not cleanly like Coleman but my foot was kind of trapped and my ankle got a bit mangled.
    I think it is a good sign Coleman was not writhing in pain too. I think it is ligament and soft tissue damage that can me more problematic than a break to the bone. It is remarkable how bones can heal up. I had a clean break to my collar bone and I'd never know it was ever broken now.

Anyhow wishing Coleman a good recovery, I'm sure he wil be back to his best before long.

Green vergetable are supposed to be good for the bones, it is what cows eat after all.

Not milk though.

https://saveourbones.com/osteoporosis-milk-myth/

Milk depletes the calcium from your bones

The milk myth has spread around the world based on the flawed belief that this protein and calcium-rich drink is essential to support good overall health and bone health in particular at any age. It is easy to understand that the confusion about milk’s imaginary benefits stems from the fact that it contains calcium – around 300 mg per cup.
    But many scientific studies have shown an assortment of detrimental health effects directly linked to milk consumption. And the most surprising link is that not only do we barely absorb the calcium in cow’s milk (especially if pasteurized), but to make matters worse, it actually increases calcium loss from the bones. What an irony this is

Here’s how it happens. Like all animal protein, milk acidifies the body pH which in turn triggers a biological correction. You see, calcium is an excellent acid neutralizer and the biggest storage of calcium in the body is – you guessed it… in the bones. So the very same calcium that our bones need to stay strong is utilized to neutralize the acidifying effect of milk. Once calcium is pulled out of the bones, it leaves the body via the urine, so that the surprising net result after this is an actual calcium deficit.
    Knowing this, you’ll understand why statistics show that countries with the lowest consumption of dairy products also have the lowest fracture incidence in their population (there’s more on this later).
    But the sad truth is that most mainstream health practitioners ignore these proven facts. I know it firsthand because when I was diagnosed with osteoporosis, my doctor recommended that I drink lots of milk in addition to taking Fosamax.
    Fortunately, I did neither, because I knew that…

More on the link.

It is obviously not natural for adult to drink milk, a of adults can't digest milk properly as we lose the gene to digest it as we get older, so you are basially drinking and acid lactic acid that leaches calcium from your bones.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Ronald Koeman has heaped praise on Coleman's dedication and professionalism - even describes Coleman as "one of the best professionals [he's] ever worked with at any club" (a pretty big statement given Koeman has worked at Barca, Ajax, Valencia, Benfica and PSV) - and has backed his right-back to come back strongly: http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/0...-best-ive-seen

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Koeman
    It’s a big, big blow for the player and a big, big blow for [Everton]. It takes time for everybody to come to terms with something like this and, of course, that is felt most deeply by Seamus himself.

He was in pain when we spoke - it is normal to have some pain after such an injury – and, naturally, he was feeling very down. This is all normal. But he knows he will have a lot of support and the reaction of Evertonians, their thoughts and good wishes and the reaction of so many other people as well who follow the game will mean a lot to Seamus.

In all my years in football, Seamus is one of the best professionals I’ve ever worked with at any club.

His dedication to the game, his attitude and motivation are always where they should be and that’s 100 per cent, and he’s like that in training every day as well as in games.

That mentality will really be helpful to him now in not only coming to terms with what has happened but in setting out on the road to recovery and, over time, in him building himself once more to the level he has maintained over many years here at Everton. That strength of character will be a big, big thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    He was in pain when we spoke - it is normal to have some pain after such an injury
    Dr. Koeman is wasted in football management.

16. Thanks From:

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    FIFA investigating Taylor's tackle on Coleman.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39443484

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Meanwhile Wales consider appealing Bale's yellow card - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...l-yellow-card/

Quote Originally Posted by Martin O'Neill
    I can’t see how they can possibly appeal a card when it was very close to being red and on another day he would have been shown red. I don’t think anyone can disagree that both challenges were very poor, very poor indeed. You can only appeal a yellow card when it is a case of mistaken identity anyway, so I don’t know why he has said that. If the referee had shown Bale a red card, the tackle on Seamus quite possibly wouldn’t have happened.
    Ironically enough though, it's probably a bad thing for us that Bale won't play in Serbia.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    I'm on a minibus from Valencia (son's team annual trip to Villarreal and we get to go to Villarreal v Eibar and Valencia v Deportivo). I think it's a sign of how devoted a dad I am that I had to come with him.

Anyway, apart from just having to get that out there, the point is that I'm struggling with connectivity so I'd ask Tets or someone to do me a favour and post a link to a Guardian article today on the Taylor tackle. Really good read about the "not that type of player" nonsense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I'm on a minibus from Valencia (son's team annual trip to Villarreal and we get to go to Villarreal v Eibar and Valencia v Deportivo). I think it's a sign of how devoted a dad I am that I had to come with him.

Anyway, apart from just having to get that out there, the point is that I'm struggling with connectivity so I'd ask Tets or someone to do me a favour and post a link to a Guardian article today on the Taylor tackle. Really good read about the "not that type of player" nonsense.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/mar/29/fifa-ban-neil-taylor-lionel-messi-seamus-coleman
    Last edited by DeLorean; 30/03/2017 at 11:43 AM.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Jurgen Klopp pays tribute to Coleman in his Merseyside derby programme notes: https://www.balls.ie/football/klopp-...e-notes-362274

Quote Originally Posted by Jurgen Klopp
    I would like to pass on my regards and best wishes to Seamus Coleman, who due to very unfortunate circumstances is not the available to play today. I do not know him personally, but as a football can supporter I love his character, his positive approach to the game and his commitment to his club. There is a lot to admire about this player and it is his personal qualities that will help him as he recovers from this setback and returns to the game.

23. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Jurgen Klopp pays tribute to Coleman in his Merseyside derby programme notes: https://www.balls.ie/football/klopp-...e-notes-362274
    Fair play to Klopp. Not a Liverpool fan, but a fan of Klopp's. He is a class individual.
    Bigger issue for us is - who slots in at right back for the remainder of the campaign.
    Richard Keogh in a back four of Keogh, Duffy, Clark, Ward, would seem to be the obvious choice given the lack of playing time / ability of Christie.
    Even with Keogh there, I would not be too convinced.
    Anyone got any other suggestions? Boyle perhaps?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark12345 View Post
    Fair play to Klopp. Not a Liverpool fan, but a fan of Klopp's. He is a class individual.
    Bigger issue for us is - who slots in at right back for the remainder of the campaign.
    Richard Keogh in a back four of Keogh, Duffy, Clark, Ward, would seem to be the obvious choice given the lack of playing time / ability of Christie.
    Are you suggesting playing Keogh at right-back? What's he like in that position? I don't think I've ever seen him play there, but am I right in thinking he has played there for Derby?

What about Matt Doherty? He's been doing well for Wolves. The Iceland friendly would have been an obvious opportunity to give him some game-time - as we need options in the position beyond Christie - but he was cut from the provisional squad and wasn't recalled for the friendly for some inexplicable reason.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Further nice words about Coleman in the Liverpool programme for the Everton game from captain Jordan Henderson: http://www.the42.ie/klopp-and-hender...18634-Apr2017/

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Henderson
    I can’t claim to know Seamus that well, beyond encounters on the pitch, but I can say that today’s Merseyside derby is a poorer contest for not having him involved in it.

He is one of the most competitive players you could come up against and I know from talking to friends in the Republic of Ireland team and also the Everton players who represent England, that he is a real footballer’s footballer; no one has a bad word for him and everyone respects him.

From everything I’ve heard about his character he’ll be back even stronger from this and even though he makes Everton a better team, we all look forward to seeing him return to football as quickly as possible.

27. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark12345 View Post
    You may be on to something, Mark.

Keogh actually played at right back at the start of his career before converting to center back.

I'm open to correction on that.

Either way I'd have Keogh at center back or nowhere at all.

I'd have Meyler ahead of Christie personally.