Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 23 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Séamus Coleman (D Everton b.1988)

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,916 Posts
    Traps selection V Foot.ie X1 select

I think we could engineer a triumph over those hoof ballers.
    4231 would rip 'em apart

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    That deserves a Thread...
    I pity the fool!.... But suggest ways that he might improve himself.

www.thefastleague.com

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,713 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    same against liverpool last year, its like he is almost too big for a full back. He gets caught out, a bit clumsy and not quick enough for a full back today.

Ya, how many goals did spurs concede last night again?
    Was Bale playing full back? My point was that a young full back with attacking potency can be reinvented as a wide midfielder. He scored a beauty and played really well as the "left corner forward" in a 4-3-3 for Wales away in Swtzerland too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,339 Posts
    I think people are missing the point in all the afterglow following Bale's hat trick away from home.
    Spurs still lost.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,713 Posts
    They lost and Bale played really well. Bale has played well when Spurs have won. Maybe next time that happens I should make the point that he is a converted full back whose attacking potential is being exploited. It's the same point win or lose.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    There's a debate going on about whether Bale's first goal is better than Giggs' infamous winner against Arsenal in the 99 FA Cup semi final. It was a fantastic goal alright, but I don't see how it measures up in terms of skill, execution or importance.

I'd be delighted if Coleman became a Bale-type player but I don't really see it - Bale seems to be a born goalscorer, and his technique as he strikes the ball is absolutely phenomenal. He looks like he can become a really incisive winger, but I would prefer him to develop as an up-and-down winger whose strong at both ends of the pitch like Evra or Cole. I don't think Bale has that capability, but Coleman potentially does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    I think people are missing the point in all the afterglow following Bale's hat trick away from home.
    Spurs still lost.
    do good performances not count if your team loses?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    i might've mentioned it on this thread... does coleman have the pace? i've watched him only a bit. while waltzing wonderfully past the liverpool players the other day i didn't get the sense that he had the raw speed necessary for playing as a winger.
    zombie/thread killer..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,339 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    do good performances not count if your team loses?
    Maybe I'm a little biased against Harry Redknapp, but all the press has been about the comeback, and Bale's goals, instead of the loss.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,713 Posts
    R5 Live was saying the result flattered Spurs and that Inter took their foot off the pedal completely. Still, Spuds had 10 men so at least some credit is due surely?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ken foree View Post
    i might've mentioned it on this thread... does coleman have the pace? i've watched him only a bit. while waltzing wonderfully past the liverpool players the other day i didn't get the sense that he had the raw speed necessary for playing as a winger.
    He's quicker than he looks, but I think he has more acceleration than raw pace, which is not a bad quality for a winger to have. You can see it in the way he takes on players in fits and spurts but is fully capable of outflanking them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    R5 Live was saying the result flattered Spurs and that Inter took their foot off the pedal completely. Still, Spuds had 10 men so at least some credit is due surely?
    Nah. Inter sat back and let them have the ball for the entire second half. Spurs couldn't offer anything in attack and Inter didn't seem interested in hassling them for the ball. Bear in mind they had a three-goal lead going into injury time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    He's quicker than he looks, but I think he has more acceleration than raw pace, which is not a bad quality for a winger to have. You can see it in the way he takes on players in fits and spurts but is fully capable of outflanking them too.
    good enough if so charlie. too many of our players are lacking in the speed department.
    zombie/thread killer..

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    [QUOTE=SwanVsDalton;1414883]

...Stephen Kelly.

Naw, I was thinking of Gary Kelly?!

He's certainly making a good case but he ain't a magic bullet. Take more than devil-may-care winger to change our mentality and cure our attacking ills. Just look at McGeady. Would give him a second-half run personally, and more exposure during the Celtic Cup.

Magic bullet's -- there for werewolves? Whose mentality -- Trap's - you're having a giraffe. Simply put, he's performance can begin an organic transformation, based on playing ability. Like Fahy -- instead of utterly gormless Whelan and limited Andrews -- the difference is the players on the pitch. McGeady's good, he simply needs assistance -- which he get's very little as matters stand.

My point is simply Coleman as matter's stand deserves a run-out with Ireland -- considering his career arch its merited.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I'm sure he will get a run out in the upcoming friendlies. We don't have another competitive game for 5 or 6 months and who knows what options we'll have available then. Coleman could be the best player in the world by then.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Ive been told(by lads who played GAA with him) that he hasn't the quick burst of acceleration(key in Gaelic football really) but that is fast over distance.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    I'll take delivery over out-an-out pace any day. Walcott & McGeady, both terrifying when running at you but centre halfs and keepers alike love it when they "cross" a ball. Colemans not a winger anyway.
    "I'm just a chilled out entertainer"

Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    [QUOTE=shellyriver;1415110]
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanVsDalton View Post

...Stephen Kelly.

Naw, I was thinking of Gary Kelly?!

He's certainly making a good case but he ain't a magic bullet. Take more than devil-may-care winger to change our mentality and cure our attacking ills. Just look at McGeady. Would give him a second-half run personally, and more exposure during the Celtic Cup.

Magic bullet's -- there for werewolves? Whose mentality -- Trap's - you're having a giraffe. Simply put, he's performance can begin an organic transformation, based on playing ability. Like Fahy -- instead of utterly gormless Whelan and limited Andrews -- the difference is the players on the pitch. McGeady's good, he simply needs assistance -- which he get's very little as matters stand.

My point is simply Coleman as matter's stand deserves a run-out with Ireland -- considering his career arch its merited.
    Not saying it isn't merited, think we agree he deserves a run. As for the rest - excuse me?
    Last edited by SwanVsDalton; 22/10/2010 at 11:39 AM.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    i would agree centre-mid. but surely to have both pace and delivery is what's required at international level..! or should be. bar mcgeady we seem stuck in 2nd gear for long periods of games, almost unfit compared to the athleticism of our opposition. i suppose it's wishful thinking, wanting too much for coleman to be the complete package.
    zombie/thread killer..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Ive been told(by lads who played GAA with him) that he hasn't the quick burst of acceleration(key in Gaelic football really) but that is fast over distance.
    interesting paul, the quick change of direction in gaa seems vital indeed but it's been an age since i played that game and it's become a lot more athletic from what i see of it. just hope he doesn't do an o'shea (no pun intended) and does a dennis irwin instead. although if he loses some creative impetus and still becomes half as good as irwin i'd be delighted (ok but not a right-footed left-back)
    zombie/thread killer..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    i would agree centre-mid. but surely to have both pace and delivery is what's required at international level..! or should be. bar mcgeady we seem stuck in 2nd gear for long periods of games, almost unfit compared to the athleticism of our opposition. i suppose it's wishful thinking, wanting too much for coleman to be the complete package.
    It's not fitness, we're just run ragged because the opposition always dominates possession. Same thing happened to the Germans against Spain - there are very few teams that can survive with possession stats like ours.

Page 23 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast