Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 71 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 2378

Thread: Séamus Coleman (D Everton b.1988)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,310 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Unfortunately for Coleman players aren't as honest as he is.they don't have that gaa background stop that soccer sh1te playacting attitude.

I do feel unless he changes he will cost us one yet. Hopefully it won't be too important of a game.

Everything I've seen so far of him has been pretty accurate.
    how very zen. If I see it, does that make it true? Conversley, if I haven't seen it, is it false?
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 04/11/2013 at 11:16 AM.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    It was Vertonghen in both cases. Vertonghen's foul on Coleman was more clearcut really but either could have been given.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Mark Lawrenson wants Colemaniac to improve D:

Seamus Coleman has rightly received plenty of plaudits over the past 12 months.
    But if the last few weeks have shown anything, it is that he still has work to do on the defensive side of his game.
    I thought he was lucky not to concede a penalty when tangling with Tottenham Hotspur’s Jan Vertonghen on Sunday.
    Old pros such as myself looked at the incident and probably thought ‘bloody hell, he has hardly touched him, that’s not a penalty’.
    But the rules are different these days. It’s impossible to touch opposition players these days inside the penalty area.
    Coleman has to be careful. He has been caught out a few times for penalties already this season, and that’s something he needs to eradicate from his game.
    Coleman has to learn to be a nuisance in the area. He has room for improvement and it’s a case of keeping his concentration.
    With every defender, there is a desperation to get the ball but you can’t always get there, and unless you are 100% sure you can then there’s always a chance you could commit a foul.
    Given all that, the tangle between the same two players in the Tottenham area in the second half should have also been a penalty. But the game could have turned on that first goal.
    A draw was the right result but perhaps showed Roberto Martinez’s side they still have a way to go before they can be considered top-four challengers.
    I doff my cap to Tottenham for their first-half performance. They had done their homework, pressing Everton high up the pitch and aware Gareth Barry likes to come deep and play the ball through midfield.
    Everton didn’t pass the ball well or keep it under pressure, and that was down to Spurs as much as Martinez’s men.
    However, Tottenham created very little, and that was a positive from Everton’s point of view. Then came a role reversal in the second half, and I reckon the home side had the better chances.
    Martinez has kept a somewhat settled side this season, but I wouldn’t take that as a sign those in reserve aren’t good enough.
    The quality outside of the first XI at Everton has improved and what it has done has incentivised the starting line-up whereas in the past they perhaps thought they could get away with a few iffy games. That’s not the case now as numbers and quality have improved.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    how very zen. If I see it, does that make it true? Conversley, if I haven't seen it, is it false?
    No just that i am more observant :P

Ill point you to the thing about bookies i suggested to geysir, and then the oneill and keane post on the other thread later on that evening
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Just got his second of the season to put Everton 2-0 up against Stoke. Haven't seen it so can't comment.

From BBC: More good work from Gerard Deulofeu, more goals for Everton. The Spaniard carries the ball down the left, angles a cross in and when Gareth Barry again gets a touch inside the area, Seamus Coleman arrives to slice a shot back across and into the top corner. There was an element of fortune about that finish, but he gave Asmir Begovic no chance all the same.
    Last edited by Charlie Darwin; 30/11/2013 at 3:11 PM.

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    A goal is a goal, not seen it either

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Watching it here. Beautiful move down the left by Everton, ball chipped back and touched on by Osman, came to Coleman who was bustling in from the right and he volleyed it off the side of his boot. Complete slice, took an age to go in.

McCarthy has been imperious too. This Everton team is a bit good. Go on the Toffees!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Skill fully placed in the top corner

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts

Arsenal to targeted Coleman

According to the reliable Independent Arsenal are after Coleman, they get their info from an Italian site who say from "British sources".

Secondo fonti inglesi, l'Everton sta tenendo d'occhio Joao Aurelio, difensore in forza al Nacional. Il giocatore è stato anche fatto osservare dal tecnico Roberto Martinez, dato che Seamus Coleman sembra destinato a prendere il posto di Sagna all'Arsenal.

According to British sources, Everton are keeping an eye Joao Aurelio, defender pursuant to Nacional. The player has also been pointed out by coach Roberto Martinez, as Seamus Coleman looks set to take the place of Sagna Arsenal.

So don't know how reliable that is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Seamus Goalman!.....

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky_colour View Post
    According to the reliable Independent Arsenal are after Coleman, they get their info from an Italian site who say from "British sources".

Secondo fonti inglesi, l'Everton sta tenendo d'occhio Joao Aurelio, difensore in forza al Nacional. Il giocatore è stato anche fatto osservare dal tecnico Roberto Martinez, dato che Seamus Coleman sembra destinato a prendere il posto di Sagna all'Arsenal.

According to British sources, Everton are keeping an eye Joao Aurelio, defender pursuant to Nacional. The player has also been pointed out by coach Roberto Martinez, as Seamus Coleman looks set to take the place of Sagna Arsenal.

So don't know how reliable that is.
    He signed a five-and-a-half-year contract last December so Arsenal would probably have to fork out for him if interested. I can't see the alleged interest mentioned anywhere else on the net other than on this transfer gossip site: http://arsenal-news.com/wenger-wants...al-buy-2/12385

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is considering Everton right-back Seamus Coleman as possible replacement for Bacary Sagna.

The 30-year-old France international has continued to deflect the north London club’s attempts to keep him and looks set to either join Paris St-Germain or Monaco leaving Wenger in search of a replacement.

The Republic of Ireland defender has been monitored by us for some time.

Coleman already is an experienced defender with more than 100 appearances for the Goodison club and often likes to attack down the right flank, given the chance.

There are better options out there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Not sure if Seamus would be keen to move either

Also a USA site are calling his goal the goal of the day!!

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/11/ever...oke-city-gifs/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Infectious player.

May not count for much, but top defender in Fantasy Football atm.

And I hope its never forgotten that he watched the Euros in Donegal.
    Yeah man, they call gambling a disease, but it's the only disease where you can win a bunch of money.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Linked with Arsenal in the papers today as a replacement for Sagna if he leaves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Big game today teams like Everton have to take points off Arsenal or they will run away with the league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,310 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky_colour View Post
    Big game today teams like Everton have to take points off Arsenal or they will run away with the league.
    doesn't that go for every team, not just teams "like Everton"?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Maybe Tricky has Everton down as one of the title contenders.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    How did Seamus and James play?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    doesn't that go for every team, not just teams "like Everton"?

Well not really, certainly would not expect any team in the bottom half to take points off Arsenal.
    Surprised Man City are still favourites, however their next match against Man City is make or break.
    If Arsenal win they are 9 points clear of Man City and will look unstoppable, if they lose just 3 points clear
    and catchable.

Page 71 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast