Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 13 of 119 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Séamus Coleman (D Everton b.1988)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by backtowalsall View Post
    I know he's young, and its not fair to ask him to make his debut against Argentina, but I'd be looking to give him a start in the qualifier with Andorra
    He should be playing with the 21s against Estonia in Tallaght on the 10th, so that should be interesting. The Everton game against Sligo is the 8th, so I'm wondering will he feature at all?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    David Moyes is an idiot

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Why? .

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliek View Post
    David Moyes is an idiot
    The general consensus I got from reading Everton fan forums recently was that fans felt Coleman wasnt ready for Premiership football just yet. Towards the latter part of his spell with Blackpool he began to neglect his defensive duties in favour of a gung-ho attitude. This was clearly evident in both legs of the play off semi final against Notts Forest (esp. the 1st leg) where the left winger gave him a torrid time. While he clearly has great potential. to throw him straight into premier league action now is a bit risky. Moyes knows what he is doing. I think in the long run he realises Coleman will be a better option than Hibbert at right back but it is important that he protects him and introduces him gradually into the set up, fine tuning his defensive technique along the way. Moyes has a great track record of introducing youngsters at the right time and at the right pace, just look at
    Wayne Rooney, Leon Osman, James Vaughan, Victor Anichebe and Jack Rodwell

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    If he's not ready to play in the Premiership then he should be loaned out to a club in the Championship. He clearly proved last season that he was more than ready to play at that level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Well, is he making the bench? It's a long season so I doubt Moyes will loan him out if he considers him good enough for his squad.

I wouldn't bet against him being Everton's starting right full by the end of the season.
    Eirebhoy's "We Love You" Chant. RIP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7UfSbASyrQ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,310 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    If he's not ready to play in the Premiership then he should be loaned out to a club in the Championship. He clearly proved last season that he was more than ready to play at that level.
    If he's more than ready to play in the Championship, then he'd be better off on loan at a mid table Premier League side (Stoke? Sunderland?) to continue his education
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    Well, is he making the bench? It's a long season so I doubt Moyes will loan him out if he considers him good enough for his squad.

I wouldn't bet against him being Everton's starting right full by the end of the season.
    Was on the bench at the weekend, didn't come on though.
    Everton are playing Huddersfield tomorrow night in the League Cup, I'd expect him to play in that
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    I think sometimes people expect young players to develop into the finished article instantly.From what I can see Moyes is going about the development of Coleman is 100% the right way. He got a couple of games for Everton last season, he was then sent out on a very successful loan and now he is part of a very good Premiership squad where he will work his way into the first team eventually.
    Much like the James McCarthy thread where there are calls for him to be in the starting line up for us immediately I just think we need to be a bit more patient.
    David Moyes sees Coleman everyday in training and I would trust his judgement more than anyone on here to know when the lad is ready
    Its really not that complicated!!!

9. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    When Hibbert and Neville are ahead of ya is must be hard to stay sane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliek View Post
    When Hibbert and Neville are ahead of ya is must be hard to stay sane
    You've quite clearly never played the game to any degree.

On a side not, Hibbert would be another player who has come through the youth ranks at Everton. He's a very steady if unspectacular full back. Phil Neville on the other hand has played at the highest level for the last decade; very good player.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    They're both good defenders, and it makes sense to balance out an attacking full back like Baines with a more solid defender on the opposite side.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by livehead1 View Post
    Phil Neville on the other hand has played at the highest level for the last decade; very good player.
    agree, far better than his much higher rated brother

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    starts tonight against Huddersfield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    It remains Everton 3-1 Huddersfield despite Seamas Coleman being dumped on his backside by Lee Peltier in the Huddersfield box - the Town defender seeing red card as a result - as Johnny Heitinga sees his spot-kick saved by Ian Bennett. Hope for Huddersfield?
    anyone watching this? How is he playing?

also:

Seamus Coleman's cross finds Leon Osman, and the onrushing Everton midfielder makes no mistake with his header. So much for any potential Cupsets
    Last edited by SkStu; 25/08/2010 at 8:54 PM.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    just seen the goals on Sky Sports news. He was taken down for a penalty for Everton which they missed and he set up the last goal with a super cross to the back post. But he was badly at fault defensively for the their goal and he made one other pretty bad mistake that should have led to another goal.
    Id be interested to hear how he did over all because he was involved in most of the brief highlights I seen
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    In a sense its better for him to make mistakes in these types of games and learn from it. Rather than in a high profile EPL game where he'd have the fans on his back etc. I think Moyes knows what he is at. Coleman isnt 100% ready to be first choice just yet, but will make plenty of first team appearances during the year. All going well by the end of the season he will be a genuine contender for the starting place.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Seamus Coleman and Magaye Gueye were hailed by Everton assistant boss Steve Round for their part in the emphatic 5-1 victory over the Terriers at Goodison. And David Moyes' number two revealed the Irish Under-21 international has caught the eye so much with his attacking style that he has earned a new nickname.

Round told evertonfc.com: "Seamus Coleman going forward was sensational. The lads have nicknamed him Seamus Ramos because he bombs forward so much.

"It was a pleasing night, for sure, to get a good win, to go through in the cup and to see some very good performances from our younger players."
    http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archiv...ing-duo-hailed

19. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    I had a trawl through some Everton forums and a lot of people seem to be hoping he starts on Saturday ahead of Neville, which is a compliment. It really is frustrating when this lad isn't even in the squad and McShane seems to be guaranteed a start in his position, but that's not for this thread I guess. Hopefully he will get his chance soon, I'm sure he will take it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Looking at the 2 very bad mistakes he made last night, he is certainly not ready for international football yet. They were fairly basic mistakes. He did look impressive going forward but I don't think thats what Trap is looking for from his full backs.
    Always look on the bright side of life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    The good thing is that he has the talent to be a top-class attacking fullback. You can't teach that. With a little time, I think he can work on eliminating the mistakes and improve the defensive side of his game.

One thing worth keeping in mind is that this was Huddersfield, not top-class opposition; had he made those sorts of mistakes at international level, it could be catastrophic.

That said, when the likes of McShane are playing, it's difficult to argue against Coleman's inclusion. At this point, it seems McShane offers little going forward, while being a liability at the back.

Stephen Kelly is the man I'd look to claim the spot and overtake McShane in the pecking order...it's getting increasingly more frustrating that Trap continues to put McShane on the field ahead of what are probably better options.

Foley is another option but he always strikes me as a little lightweight as a defender -- his best position might be somewhere in the midfield.
    Eirebhoy's "We Love You" Chant. RIP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7UfSbASyrQ