Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 119 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Séamus Coleman (D Everton b.1988)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Coleman extends loan at Blackpool to end of season and play-offs if Blackpool make it.
    Coleman extends Blackpool loan
    Criticism is prejudice made plausible

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    That should be good for him. He's been a big hit with their fans since his arrival. The question is, will David Moyes deem him good enough to replace Phil Neville next season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Some fans think he is good enough now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    Are you a fan Blue Lou? Assuming that you are, what advantages do you think Coleman has that will see him selected ahead of Neville or Hibbert (or even Heitinga, who has played right back) next season? He has shown that he's a talented player, but Moyes seems like the type of manager that likes to stick with experience.

Out of the current crop of youngsters at Everton, only Rodwell and Gosling seem to be trusted enough by Moyes to play regularly. The likes of Coleman and Duffy seem to be behind him in that respect by a fair bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    to me, playing Coleman, or Hibbert, at right full frees Neville up to play in midfield, where Moyes prefers him to play.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Pred, I would say that it's more difficult to break into a team as a defender than it is as a forward or midfielder. If you put on a young forward and he has a howler of a game, it doesn't necessarily ruin your team's chance to win the game. If a defender has a nightmare, it will almost certainly have a bigger impact on a game.
    Eirebhoy's "We Love You" Chant. RIP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7UfSbASyrQ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    to me, playing Coleman, or Hibbert, at right full frees Neville up to play in midfield, where Moyes prefers him to play.
    With Maraoune Fellaini, Heitinga and Rodwell all able to play in midfield, Moyes reshuffled and stuck Neville at right back. There' no doubt Moyes values Neville's experience - that's why he's captain - but surely Coleman has the same energy and provides the same attacking outlet that Baines does?

Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    Pred, I would say that it's more difficult to break into a team as a defender than it is as a forward or midfielder. If you put on a young forward and he has a howler of a game, it doesn't necessarily ruin your team's chance to win the game. If a defender has a nightmare, it will almost certainly have a bigger impact on a game.
    That's very true. It's interesting to note that Rodwell started out as a centre half, but has been slowly but surely moving up the field and has found himself playing as an attacking midfielder. I very much doubt that Rodwell will 'revert' to defence. Duffy is still very young having just turned 18, but he captains the reserves and has shown he can cope with first team duties when he replaced Distin in Athens (remarkably aged 17). I wonder will Moyes give him some chances next season?

Coleman is reaching the age (21/22?) where he should be hoping to establish a place in the team and I reckon that his recent loan move along with a good pre-season next year might just edge him ahead of Hibbert and not far behind Neville for the right back spot. I'm sure Moyes knows what he's at. He's a good manager.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Good opportunity to have a look at Coleman now in the playoff against Forest. Instrumental in the Blackpool goal.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    On his way to Wembley.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    He played brilliant in both games against forest. . Hopefully if blackpool get into the premier league they can sign him permanetly, he would be great for them
    Ahhh

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    doubt Everton would let him go, he really looks to be a proper player
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    The rumour is that Everton will give him to Blackpool on a season-long loan as part of the deal that brings Charlie Adam in the other direction.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    He was outstanding last night. Nice knowing you McShane!!!!

Full of energy, brave and a proper footballer.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    He was a breath of fresh air, too good for the championship.
    He should get a call up for the Algeria game. Looks a very good prospect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    First time seeing him play there in the playoff games, was very impressed though. Hopefully will see him break into the International team within the next year or two
    Cmon County!

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I think he's too raw for Trap right now. He has that same tendency that Rafael at United has to run the ball out of position and leave a gaping whole at full back. Granted, he doesn't do it as often, but I think he still has a bit of work to do on his decision-making. He's absolutely electric going forward though - lollipops and all!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    He looked ok, but as Charlie said he has a long way to go. Anderson destroyed him on saturday. While he is decent going forward some of his defending was poor enough. I cant understand why Billy D started Tyson ahead of Ando on Tuesday night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irish tricky View Post
    He looked ok, but as Charlie said he has a long way to go. Anderson destroyed him on saturday. While he is decent going forward some of his defending was poor enough. I cant understand why Billy D started Tyson ahead of Ando on Tuesday night.
    Maybe Coleman will end up making a better RWM than a RB.
    I'm a bit of a Forest fan and can't help but feel that after what happend Davis at Derby he felt Forest weren't really ready for the Premership. I don't know if that affected his line up but it'S possible. The fact that they were beaten in both legs by Blackpool would suggest that if they somehow got promoted to the Premersip it would have been a very very difficult season.
    All the money on offer and the parachute payments after relegation would have been nice. However you have to remember that two seasons ago they were in league 1 and last season they just about survived relegation back to that league. It came as a total surprise that they pushed for one of the 2 automatic promotion spots until the last 10 games of the season, where ultimately failure to invest in any players in January resulted in their poor run-in. They will have different expectations this year and none of the relegated teams should be anything to fear.
    I myself would rather see them strenghten their squad with some players that have actually experience of playing in the Premership and take one of the automatic promotion spots, rather than getting a trashing every week in the Premership. They also have a very young squad that will have learned a lot from this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Just signed a new contract with everton until 2014
    Ahhh

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    official announcement from Everton: http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archiv...s-new-contract
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

23. Thanks From:

Page 11 of 119 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast