Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Current Squad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Current Squad

Would the current squad consider a 5 to 10 % wage reduction in order to keep paul cook as manager. Surely it is in their interests to keep him and the continuity going and have more chance of success. We could possibly offer an incentive that if we are successful and make a profit that we will as a club consider a refund of the reduction.

If for example the current squad of 14 has a bugdet of 9000 euro per week even a 7% reduction would be enough to bring in 1 player per week on a wage of 630 euro per week. The supporters in turn would raise the other money for the second player.

Just an idea. i know contracts are in place but a little sacrifice could bring us a long way.

It would be no harm to ask the players anyway.

It seems to me that the supporters are being asked to make all the sacrifices.

Its time to spread the load.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligored View Post
    Would the current squad consider a 5 to 10 % wage reduction in order to keep paul cook as manager. Surely it is in their interests to keep him and the continuity going and have more chance of success. We could possibly offer an incentive that if we are successful and make a profit that we will as a club consider a refund of the reduction.

If for example the current squad of 14 has a bugdet of 9000 euro per week even a 7% reduction would be enough to bring in 1 player per week on a wage of 630 euro per week. The supporters in turn would raise the other money for the second player.

Just an idea. i know contracts are in place but a little sacrifice could bring us a long way.

It would be no harm to ask the players anyway.

It seems to me that the supporters are being asked to make all the sacrifices.

Its time to spread the load.

I know Bohs have got their players to take a 25 to 30% reduction for an extra year on their contracts which i thought was a big reduction for that. Although a 7 - 10% reduction for an extra year would be a good deal, i could see a lot of employees around the country going for that if it was put to them given the state of the economy.

Edit: I should have said Bohs have offered the players which many from what i heard have taken them up on a deal for an extra year on their contract a cut in wages.
    Last edited by Rovers Maniac; 04/02/2009 at 1:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Certainly an idea. But the management committee wouldn't have the balls to approach the team and ask for this. I for one wouldn't blame them. It could cause uproar within the camp and then if things went wrong and players wanted out the very people who proposed this would be slating the committee.