Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foot.ie Supporter Club

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Foot.ie Supporter Club

After the absolute lack of atmosphere at the Canada match I believe that the members of Foot.ie who want to see this change need to set up a Foot.ie Supporters Club. The purpose of this club will be to rival the eL boys on the north terrace in singing and chanting. Hopefully having a very vocal group at both ends will raise the noise on the West and East stands.

We need to get about 100 people who will scream their lungs out for the whole match.

First thing we need is a list of people who would what to be members, so far we have:
    1. Proffrink
    2. Beavis
    3. Pogsly

Second is to contact the FAI, I will contact the FAI and tell them of our plan and that we will prove ourselves in the up coming friendlies. If anyone who wants to be a member has any objections to me contacting them on our behalf please post it here before Wed 26 Nov.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    I wouldn't say there's 100 people on these forums who aren't eL fans tbh...
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Re: Foot.ie Supporter Club

Originally posted by ProfFrink
    The purpose of this club will be to rival the eL boys on the north terrace in singing and chanting.
    Why would you want to set up a club to rival us when the remainder of the ground already seems to do that.
    If anything you should be encouraging people to join in with the eL fans. We're not out on a solo mission to prove we're the greatest fans in the world. We want to improve the atmosphere at International games and make the away team feel like the "away" team.
    If you're intent on creating further division in the Ireland support then I wish you nothing but failure.
    We're all supporting the same team are we not!?
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Its a good idea - just to get the stand goin?
    ie you have groups dedicated to the same thing on all sides of the ground?

presumably they try and work together

ps - it simply wont work at friendlies as there is nothing at stake and consequently no need for passion

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Re: Re: Foot.ie Supporter Club

Originally posted by Peadar
    Why would you want to set up a club to rival us when the remainder of the ground already seems to do that.
    I think 'rival' was probably the wrong choice of words here.We want to work towards a louder Lansdowne for the next campaign and we'll obviously be trying to do that in conjuction with the El fans.
    The south stand,which is the largest of the two ends,has been a joke since the El fans were brought together in the north.I think that if we could get a crowd of good vocal support at every game in the south,even half as good as the El crowd,it could make a big difference.

Though it might be hard to start it off in,as wws said,meaningless friendlies.
    <insert witty remark>

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Peader - have a read of the posts in the forum "national team >> silence in lansdown rd" i think you have miss understood what i said.

WWS in answer to your questions:
    A group of fifty on the south should be able to get the terrace going and with the eL boys on the north we should be able to have both ends going and hopefully that would get the east and west going as well.

You do have a point with the friendlies, but they would give us a chance to get it organised and get the crowd back into the concept of singing/chanting/ roaring etc which sadly has been missing as of late.

I believe most people would agree that something has to be done about the atmosphere, so all we can do is try.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    A group of fifty on the south should be able to get the terrace going

You do have a point with the friendlies,
    Why are people so intent on spelling my name incorrectly?

First things first.
    The terraces in Lansdowne Road are only available for friendly games since the special UEFA dispensation expired at the end of the Euro2004 qualifying campaign.
    We're all in agreement that people can't be arsed at friendlies so the traditional seating arrangements you refer to aren't really relevant to this discussion as they'll not apply to the next qualifying campaign.
    Until an alternative venue is secured we can't really talk about atmosphere at future games.
    By all means get yourselves organised but you might find that if you talk to the FAI now they wont have much to say to you.
    It's all up in the air so to speak.
    I imagine that after the draw is made on the 05/12/2003 things will be brought into perspective in the sense that we'll know who'll be coming to town.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    After the WC qualifying draw is announced the FAI may have a better perspective on what arrangments will be made for these games(regarding bucket seats or going to Croker etc),
    so maybe postpone any action until then? but by-no-means dropping the idea
    <insert witty remark>

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I don't think there's much point really. The problem is that the majpority of the crowd in landsdowne are idots who don't know the first thing about supporting a football team. The real fans are the ones who go to eL games every week, and if I had my way I'd boot all the others out. They simply don't deserve to be there.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Originally posted by Éanna
    The real fans are the ones who go to eL games every week, and if I had my way I'd boot all the others out. They simply don't deserve to be there.
    We don't support El teams so we don't deserve to be there?!
    What have you got stuck up your arse?
    I support the progress of Ireland's best players,and the truth is they're playing abroad.
    You have the choice between supporting your A team or your B team,which do you do?

Similarly I could say people who don't play soccer shouldn't be there.Do you play soccer Eanna?no?then f*ck off supporting Ireland cos you know nothing about football!

Explain to me this,you say that non-El fans don't know how to support?,what do El fans do at games that differs them from anyone else with the exception of starting more chants,(and with this South Terrace vocal support idea we're trying to change that).
    Basically Eanna you think you're above the other fans at Lansdowne Road just cos you're an El fan and the sooner you lose that sentiment the better.
    Last edited by Beavis; 25/11/2003 at 10:27 PM.
    <insert witty remark>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,315 Posts
    I get a lot of that as well, just because I don't go to watch the eL on a regular basis doesn't make me any less of a football fan, in year's past it was dire although it has started to improve and results in Europe are showing that. However it has still a long way to go to start attracting the talent and crowds of other minor leagues in Europe.
    With the ruling about schoolboy clubs due payments from transfers involving any of their former players, we're going to see more of the future talent of Ireland playing at home. Whether or not this is entirely a good question is open to debate - there are superiour facilities available to the clubs in England, so you can argue the players will improve to a higher level there.
    This probably brings back the question of a national training centre/centre of excellence for the FAI.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I wouldn't mind betting that Eanna didn't bother his arse turning up last Tuesday night ......... Come to think of it, I didn't see too many "real" fans on the north terrace that night. No sign of their big flags either. No doubt though, they'll all be back for the qualifiers next year & Fran Rooney will be bending over backwards to give them tickets.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Originally posted by Chippy
    I wouldn't mind betting that Eanna didn't bother his arse turning up last Tuesday night ......... Come to think of it, I didn't see too many "real" fans on the north terrace that night. No sign of their big flags either. No doubt though, they'll all be back for the qualifiers next year & Fran Rooney will be bending over backwards to give them tickets.
    Maybe that's because the eL is going through a spell of 2 games a week and so it wouldn't be his 1st live game in weeks.....
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I believe most people would agree that something has to be done about the atmosphere, so all we can do is try.
    Agreed as I have to say the atmosphere at the Russia game was VERY disappointing, even accounting for the poor performance.
    IMO, the eL and non-eL goers need to calm down and stop going at each others throats. Something HAS to be done....fact; but looking at some of these posts, all that will be accomplished is a rift between the two sides and what then? Total silence from one crowd when the other sings. Like that will improve the atmosphere.
    Munster 33-6 Gloucester
    Aint revenge sweet?!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Originally posted by Shed End John
    Something HAS to be done....fact; but looking at some of these posts, all that will be accomplished is a rift between the two sides and what then?
    If you read earlier posts I have done my upmost to get across that this,if anything was to happen,it would most certainly in conjunction with the El fans of the North.

I just got a bit worked up when someone who has followed Ireland to Tirana,Moscow and Basel last year is being accused of not being a real fan!.
    <insert witty remark>

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Don't think we need another thread of your excuses and justifications for not following Irish football week in, week out....

If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Originally posted by Beavis
    I just got a bit worked up when someone who has followed Ireland to Tirana,Moscow and Basel last year is being accused of not being a real fan!.
    Still doesn't show as much dedication as athlone, UCD or Finn Harps
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Similarly I could say people who don't play soccer shouldn't be there.Do you play soccer Eanna?no?then f*ck off supporting Ireland cos you know nothing about football!
    I do actually

Basically Eanna you think you're above the other fans at Lansdowne Road just cos you're an El fan and the sooner you lose that sentiment the better.
    I don't think I'm better, I KNOW I'm better than you and all the other muppets who think going to a football match involves getting on a plane or turning up in landsdowne once in a while.

For the record, I only go Landsdowne occasionally because I spend my money and my spare time following City not the over-paid prima donnas that are making a pigs ear of representing this country and I also have a major problem handing my hard-earned money over to the ****wits in the FAI who like you and your "we only watch the best players" buddies are more interested in getting ****-faced in moscow and howling out that awful olé olé with a pint in your hand in red square than actually REALLY knowing what its like to support a team through thick and thin.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Originally posted by Macy
    Don't think we need another thread of your excuses and justifications for not following Irish football week in, week out....

Yeah,I don't want to get into this again either cos I've tried many times with little success (well it is me against everyone!).

Look,if yous think that supporting an LoI team is the be all and end all of being a supporter then fine,there's not going to be much I can do to make you reconsider your views.

If you want to think I'm not a 'real' fan then so be it,but you still can't tell me what it is,in relation to supporting Ireland, that yous would do as EL fans at a game different from any others.(I don't hear any original chants or songs,and I know that yous have been guilty of starting Ole Ole yourselves in the past!)

Originally posted by Eanna
    I don't think I'm better, I KNOW I'm better than you and all the other muppets who think going to a football match involves getting on a plane or turning up in landsdowne once in a while.
    Jesus Christ,does anyone else think this guy is a complete arse?
    Last edited by Beavis; 26/11/2003 at 9:59 PM.
    <insert witty remark>

TheRealRovers
    Beavis your probably a real football supporter and I’m sure there are many other non LoI fans who are also real football fans but majority of fans at Ireland games who know noting about supporting a football team. They think watching the high lights of Man U on the TV is supporting a team.
    (Going to most Rovers games I know what it is to support a team. lose, lose, lose, draw, lose, win)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast