Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Keane back to Spurs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Inside Man View Post
    The sooner that man goes the sooner Liverpool are moving forward. The man is a joke. Driven on by sheer ruthlessness for power. That was what the whole Robbie Keane saga was about, Power. It wasn't Benitez that wanted him and that is the reason he wouldn't defend him at any opportunity or even give him the proper chance. Indeed we beat Chelski at the weekend, but by God you heard it here first, over the next 2-3 months that club is going to crumble and its all for the best. They need to build that once great club from scratch because it is full of wasters. Benitez the main man. I feel for Robbie. He got caught in a power stuggle and unfortunatly for all Liverpool fans and Keane Benitez won the battle, but he'll lose the war.
    I care little for Benitez, less for Liverpool and my only interest in the whole saga is seeing Robbie Keane playing regular Premiership football, which will hopefully help him to perform for Ireland against Georgia & Bulgaria in the next two home qualifiers & give us a decent chance of qualification & maybe making April fools of the Italians in Bari on April 1st.

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Gerrard and Torres both subbed off injured today against Everton. F'ing Benitez!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy View Post
    I think Keane has the potential to score more goals for Spurs than in the past. Keane is a player who likes to made runs behind defence latching onto a through ball and I think a player like Modric in midfield suits Keane-if he can build up an understanding with him, they should combine well.
    Don't see it working myself tbh, Keane likes to drop off a big striker (Pavlova) and seems to have happy knack of getting in the way of midfielders who are playing further forward, my guess is Modric will be moved wide left or left out which is a shame because he is a very tidy ball player.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Inside Man View Post
    The sooner that man goes the sooner Liverpool are moving forward. The man is a joke. Driven on by sheer ruthlessness for power. That was what the whole Robbie Keane saga was about, Power. It wasn't Benitez that wanted him and that is the reason he wouldn't defend him at any opportunity or even give him the proper chance. Indeed we beat Chelski at the weekend, but by God you heard it here first, over the next 2-3 months that club is going to crumble and its all for the best. They need to build that once great club from scratch because it is full of wasters. Benitez the main man. I feel for Robbie. He got caught in a power stuggle and unfortunatly for all Liverpool fans and Keane Benitez won the battle, but he'll lose the war.

Agree totally. It was absolutely inevitable and deliciously ironic that Gerrard should break down and Torres limp his way through last night's game. How on earth can Benitez suggest that Gerrard is playing too many games when he has just got rid of the only other player capable of filling the "behind Torres" role. His treatment of Keane was vindictive, petty and shameful. "You have to act quickly to deal with players who dont fit the system" So what about Lucas, Dossena, Kuyt ......

I am a Liverpool supporter but I was actually glad to see Everton win last night, and so too, I imagine, was Robbie.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by third policeman View Post
    Agree totally. It was absolutely inevitable and deliciously ironic that Gerrard should break down and Torres limp his way through last night's game. How on earth can Benitez suggest that Gerrard is playing too many games when he has just got rid of the only other player capable of filling the "behind Torres" role. His treatment of Keane was vindictive, petty and shameful. "You have to act quickly to deal with players who dont fit the system" So what about Lucas, Dossena, Kuyt ......

I am a Liverpool supporter but I was actually glad to see Everton win last night, and so too, I imagine, was Robbie.
    Delighted to see them lose, ironically i think the way the game was set up with about 20 mins to go wouldve suited Robbie. The guy that was on Setanta Sports news after the game (cant remember his name) pretty much made the point that if Benitez is going to be vindicated for selling their second best striker when they have no one in reserve purely to make a point to the board then he needs to win something this season. The league is gone imo so its only the CL, if he doesnt win that........................

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Next up, Torres breaks a leg while falling over his cat.
    Not that I would be pleased if any harm came to the cat.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Never miss a genuine opportunity...........
    Attached Images Attached Images

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    This whole transfer has the makings of a planned scam to scuttle the scousers. All that's missing was Robbie donning one of those black permed curly wigs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Gerrard out for 3 weeks with a torn hamstring, if it's genuinely torn 3 weeks is a very short recovery time.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ol/7871386.stm

You think Rafa might have a few regrets this morning

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Its its torn its at least 6 weeks if he is back in 3 it was not torn in the first place.
    In Trap we trust

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Apparently Keane's transfer was too late for the deadline for registration for the latter stages of the UEFA Cup, so its just premiership games for him for the rest of the season. I presume he is cup tied for the League Cup final.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    I presume he is cup tied for the League Cup final.
    He is, heard that on the radio the day he signed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyLegal View Post
    He is, heard that on the radio the day he signed
    he played 3 mins and got cup tied!!!

Anybody else think the cup-tied rule is ridiculous? what is the point of it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Den Perry View Post
    Anybody else think the cup-tied rule is ridiculous? what is the point of it?
    Could not agree more. When u think about it Keane has played in the PL with Liverpool this season so why isn't he League-tied the cups are competitions just the same as the league is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Apparently Keane's transfer was too late for the deadline for registration for the latter stages of the UEFA Cup, so its just premiership games for him for the rest of the season. I presume he is cup tied for the League Cup final.
    A must buy for the Fantasy football so.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678