Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Keane back to Spurs!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Liverpool are 5 points behind united (assuming united beat fulham at home in their game in hand), that means that pool need to beat united at OT and get 3 more points than united in the other 13 games.
    Not a chance of that!!

Unless Pool win the CL, then i think there is a good chance Benitez will go during the summer. I genuinely believe that given the chance that Keane couldve been a success at pool. However, he was never given the opportunity and a supposedly title challenging side sells one of its top three available strikers with no replacement.

Im sure pool's title challenge will be well over by the last game of the season but I hope Keanes get some element of revenge in that game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD View Post
    It has gone down in that time too. Did you take inflation into account. Bad deal for you as 100 pound or 127 euro after 2 years if Liverpool would have won the league would be worth more than when you collect the bet.
    Tis about more than money at this stage!! I only made the bet for gloating purposes I'd say at the time anyway. Liverpool were only after winning one more league game than they lost that season if I remember right and United swept all before them. I'd say he'll be offering double or quits on another 10 yrs by the looks of it!!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_peepee View Post
    He took the easy way out How anyone can commend him is beyond me. What transpired I think is baggage he'll carry with him for the rest of his carear.
    Agree that he will carry the "failure at a big club" tag for the rest of his career, hes not realistically going to get another shot at a big four club unless spurs become a big 4 club.

Taking the easy way out though....im not so sure, it will be interesting to hear what he has to say......for all we know Benitez told him that he would not feature in the first team for the rest of the season, i cant see how staying wouldve then done him any good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbod View Post
    Agree. Ideally I would love to see him score a hat-trick that sees Spurs win 3-2 and deny Liverpool the title!
    ideally i would love to see keane score goals in the green jersey of ireland.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    Last day of season, 91st minute penalty in front of Kop to stop Liverpool winning league... Robbie scores and runs over to Rafa...
    If it's in front of the Kop he'll probably swing and take an airshot.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    849 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroon 7 View Post
    If it's in front of the Kop he'll probably swing and take an airshot.
    After he had the balls to take one in last minute of world cup game against Spain Id back him to take a penalty anywhere
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I reckon there's more to this than meets the eye. Could it be that his missus couldn't settle in Liverpool?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    "It was a difficult decision to make to leave Tottenham in the summer," the 28-year-old told the club website.

"It proved not to be the right move for me. I know some Spurs fans will feel I let them down... but I can assure them I'll be giving my all."

He added: "This club has terrific fans and I want to repay them for all their support. We've got to get on and fight our way up that league table

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news...rns020209.html

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,697 Posts
    I doubt his missus had anything to do with that miss up at Bolton!

I'm not sure if Dr Peepee is right to think Robbie took the easy way out. When both clubs are keen to do business the player often has no choice but to accept the inevitable. I think Robbie could have been a success in due course and I struggle to think of an example where a player was discarded so quickly after settling slowly.

Bizarre situation all round.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    well thats the end of that experiment of Keane playing for a top team, if spurs go down, maybe he'll get to move on again... to wigan or something...

i'm ****ed off with all 3 parties... (liverpool, keane and spurs) ... bringing back Defoe and Keane? Hurrah, bring back Mido too ffs.... does Chris Waddle still play?
    "A silent mouth is sweet to hear"

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    I'd expect his agent managed to get a release clause should Spurs be relegated in between his mental somersaults of joy at such a windfall. Good business for Spurs, £5m for a few months of a loan.
    Couldn't care less which team he plays for, as long as he plays and turns up fit for us.

[QUOTE=jbyrne;1097231 but apparently the truth is longer than that[/QUOTE]
    usually is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Keane did the right thing. Why should he put his career on hold for a manager who has a fetish for playing two holding midfielders in every match they play? He had no chance of a decent run in the side whilst Benitez was in charge. He'll be back to his best for Georgia and Bulgaria so I'm very happy he's left.

I tell you what you'd have to laugh if Torres goes and gets injured and they are forced to rely on Kuyt and N'gog for the rest of the season.......stranger things have happened.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Fascinating article here about what is going on at Liverpool. Incredible quote from Gillett bottom of page 3. http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...52-22834471/3/

Unbelievable in that he told this to a guy walking in off the street. Keane got out just in time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Couldn't care less which team he plays for, as long as he plays and turns up fit for us.
    Agreed and at least at Spurs he's likely to play regularly.

I personally hope Liverpool win damn all after the way Benitez treated Keane.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Why does everyone presume he's likely to be a starter for Spurs. Defoe is in better form and could easily take his place when he comes back from injury.
    I think I should the parachute, because I'm great.

In fact, I think I should get both parachutes, in case one doesn't work.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    849 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Torn-Ado View Post
    Why does everyone presume he's likely to be a starter for Spurs. Defoe is in better form and could easily take his place when he comes back from injury.
    Looks like Defoe is going to be out for a long time, some reports saying for rest of season. Either way Robbie is a better player than Defoe anyway. Defoe is a good finisher but very lazy in my opinion
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Torn-Ado View Post
    Eh, you answered your own question there kid. Well done.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Elroy and Stuttgart88... There was a fork in the road. If heading back to Spurs wasn't the easy way what was??? Do you not agree that Spurs=Comfort zone for Robbie Keane?

I've no doubt he would have ended up there or there abouts eventually, but so soon?? I know he was never gonna be a legend, but I'm telling ye Peter Crouch is gonna be recieved better at Anfeild than Keane ever will now.. Rightly so, too based on what was seen in Red... That's what galling for me.

Regardless of how he got there and whether Benitez liked it or not Keane would have got games between now and May. Benitez doesn't know if he wants a sh!t or a haircut from one minute to the next.... He'd have got in. His career wouldn't have been on hold. A whole four months??? We're talking Hours even minutes toward the end of the window and what depth have Liverpool got? His Ireland place is secure? No major tournament in the Summer?

Alonso was treated just as bad just as publicly by Benitez. And compare contrast all ye want, but if he'd wanted after what was said/printed/admited had he made all the right noises, Alonso could have left Liverpool for a fraction of the price he's valued at to spite Rafa. But he didn't. I firmly believe Alonso plays, and plays well, for Liverool in spite of Benitez not for him.

It was all to fight for there for Robbie, but he took the first option out. He's gone down in my estimation and with respect to most of yiz, nothing I read thus far, or I believe anything I read going forward is going to change that... Robbie Keane'll get the same cheer as Kevin Doyle or any other Irish player in Croker from me. Not a decibel more or less.
    I pity the fool!.... But suggest ways that he might improve himself.

www.thefastleague.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD View Post
    Yeah I think if Liverpool win th league it will be a travesty for football that overly defensive football can be the order of the day.
    United have scored ONE more goal than Liverpool this season, ONE.

United have the best defensive record in the league.

But dont let the facts cloud your views.
    "Football is a game you play with your brain".

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pike B View Post
    Keane watching Gerrard lift the Premiership trophy.. Ya, it'll be tough for him alright!!
    Aye, but will Keane be able to receive his Premiership winners medal in his Spurs shirt?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast