Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Keane back to Spurs!

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbod View Post
    This is an interesting one. As far as I know.....(I may be wrong), Keane would be entitled to a medal were Liverpool to win the league. Would he be allowed play in the last game for Spurs? I mean he could score an o.g to secure himself a winners medal (theoretically).
    Going by the results of his previous attempts to score for Liverpool I don't think there is much chance of that happening

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Of course this could be part of a big masterplan by Benitez, to buy the striker of the team Liverpool will face on the last day of the season, then sell him back.

Would Keane also recieve some sort of financial bous if Liverpool win?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stojkovic View Post
    United have scored ONE more goal than Liverpool this season, ONE.

United have the best defensive record in the league.

But dont let the facts cloud your views.
    Nothing wrong with having a good defensive record. Utds attitude to games is more attacking than Benitez. In addition Utd have played most of the top four if not all the top four away from home. They have also played many of the other top teams away from home. If you check at the end of the season Utd will have more goals than Liverpool, they have also played one less game than Liverpool. They will win the league with more points more goals and less goals conceded than Liverpool. They will do this buy attacking teams and having a good defensive record. Liverpool fail to beat poor teams at home and some times away because they are not encouraged to take risks. Those are the facts.
    In Trap we trust

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    557 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD View Post
    Nothing wrong with having a good defensive record. Utds attitude to games is more attacking than Benitez. In addition Utd have played most of the top four if not all the top four away from home. They have also played many of the other top teams away from home. If you check at the end of the season Utd will have more goals than Liverpool, they have also played one less game than Liverpool. They will win the league with more points more goals and less goals conceded than Liverpool. They will do this buy attacking teams and having a good defensive record. Liverpool fail to beat poor teams at home and some times away because they are not encouraged to take risks. Those are the facts.
    You just saved me a load of typing.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    All I hope is that he didn't sell his house in London!
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD View Post
    Nothing wrong with having a good defensive record. Utds attitude to games is more attacking than Benitez. In addition Utd have played most of the top four if not all the top four away from home. They have also played many of the other top teams away from home.
    So have Liverpool in fairness apart from playing United themselves. They've already been to Chelsea, Arsenal, Villa, Everton, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rambler14 View Post
    All I hope is that he didn't sell his house in London!
    Why not the market has shot down since then so for his sake he would have been better off selling it and renting for a while in London and not buying for until late next year.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    Looks like Defoe is going to be out for a long time, some reports saying for rest of season. Either way Robbie is a better player than Defoe anyway. Defoe is a good finisher but very lazy in my opinion
    Just after seeing there that he is out until April. Didn't think it was that serious an injury.
    I think I should the parachute, because I'm great.

In fact, I think I should get both parachutes, in case one doesn't work.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_peepee View Post
    Elroy and Stuttgart88... There was a fork in the road. If heading back to Spurs wasn't the easy way what was??? Do you not agree that Spurs=Comfort zone for Robbie Keane?
    Genuinely I don't think this is Robbie's choice. I think he would have preferred to stay at Liverpool and fight for his place but he could only do that if he was going to be given a chance. All his sources in the press were suggesting last week that he wanted to stay.

Robbie didn't ask for the transfer - Liverpool told him we've agreed a fee with Tottenham and Rafa has no doubt told him he didn't want him. As far as I can see he was forced out.

There is no doubt he had some shocking games for Liverpool but in the last six weeks (the Everton Cup game apart) I think he was getting it together and had started to get a few goals. That's what makes it so strange that he wasn't getting a look in.

If he had played for Liverpool under a different manager I think he would have had every chance of succeeding at Liverpool.
    "There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the fault of his feet" - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_peepee View Post
    Elroy and Stuttgart88... There was a fork in the road. If heading back to Spurs wasn't the easy way what was??? Do you not agree that Spurs=Comfort zone for Robbie Keane?

I've no doubt he would have ended up there or there abouts eventually, but so soon?? I know he was never gonna be a legend, but I'm telling ye Peter Crouch is gonna be recieved better at Anfeild than Keane ever will now.. Rightly so, too based on what was seen in Red... That's what galling for me.

Regardless of how he got there and whether Benitez liked it or not Keane would have got games between now and May. Benitez doesn't know if he wants a sh!t or a haircut from one minute to the next.... He'd have got in. His career wouldn't have been on hold. A whole four months??? We're talking Hours even minutes toward the end of the window and what depth have Liverpool got? His Ireland place is secure? No major tournament in the Summer?

Alonso was treated just as bad just as publicly by Benitez. And compare contrast all ye want, but if he'd wanted after what was said/printed/admited had he made all the right noises, Alonso could have left Liverpool for a fraction of the price he's valued at to spite Rafa. But he didn't. I firmly believe Alonso plays, and plays well, for Liverool in spite of Benitez not for him.

It was all to fight for there for Robbie, but he took the first option out. He's gone down in my estimation and with respect to most of yiz, nothing I read thus far, or I believe anything I read going forward is going to change that... Robbie Keane'll get the same cheer as Kevin Doyle or any other Irish player in Croker from me. Not a decibel more or less.
    Good post in fairness. As much as I'd have loved Maloney back at Celtic, I was disappointed he wanted to leave Villa as I didn't want him seen as a failure there. I think that's similar but for some reason I don't care about Keane being seen a failure at Liverpool.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
    Doesn't this make Keane the most expensive player in combined transfers in the history of the game?
    I doubt it? Whats his current total?

Anelka is on about 86million. Think he replaced Seba Veron when he moved to Chelsea.(on the money stakes, not literally)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    715 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_denilson View Post
    I doubt it? Whats his current total?

Anelka is on about 86million. Think he replaced Seba Veron when he moved to Chelsea.(on the money stakes, not literally)
    Wolves-Coventry-Inter-Leeds-Spurs-Liverpool-Spurs
    6+13+12+7+19+12 = STG£71M*
    One more transfer and he might do it.

*Figures from his wikipedia article.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker1982 View Post
    Keane heading back to WHL with his tail between his legs. Robbie has discovered to his cost that the grass isn't always greener. Looking forward to finding out on his views on old rat face Benitez.
    yeah should be very intresting to see what keane says about benitez.. on the other side what will spurs fans think of robbie judas keane returning less than six months after joining his boyhood dream club an oppurtunity he could not turn down

" football is a simple game "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelys Guitar View Post
    Last game of the season for Spurs is Liverpool away! Imagine if Liverpool are within 3 points of United (or the more likely scenario of fighting for a champions league place). Keane could come back to haunt them.
    i'm sure liverpool put clause in deal that keane cannot play in this match ... : if not it could be a disaster for benitiz

" football is a simple game "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old git View Post
    yeah should be very intresting to see what keane says about benitez.. on the other side what will spurs fans think of robbie judas keane returning less than six months after joining his boyhood dream club an oppurtunity he could not turn down
    They interviewed quite a few of them on Sky Sports News last night and they were thrilled to have him back. The way they see it he's a legend at the club and they have him back for less than they sold him. A couple said they were a bit disappointed with him leaving but are still glad he's back. Anyway when Spurs played Pool in the PL earlier in the season Keane got a rousing reception from the Spurs fans. It started in a few boos but was completely drowned out by the rest of the crowd who actually stood up in applause.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old git View Post
    i'm sure liverpool put clause in deal that keane cannot play in this match ... : if not it could be a disaster for benitiz
    I don't think you're allowed put a clause like that in a permanent move. I've seen it many a time in loan moves but not permanent ones. Would that be right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The Spurs fans will be delighted to have one of there legends back at the club,he did score more 80 goals.
    Nobody can blame a player for jumping at the oppurtunity to play for there boyhood club, I would jump at the chance to play for my boyhood team Doncaster rovers.
    I also think that this transfer can not come at a better time for Ireland as at least Keane will get some shooting practise on the field now , before our little game in Italy, The only good thing about him being at Liverpool is at least he had liitle chane of getting injured.
    cum on the blues

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    The only good thing about him being at Liverpool is at least he had liitle chane of getting injured.[/QUOTE].....

but he did have to live there...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    I don't think you're allowed put a clause like that in a permanent move. I've seen it many a time in loan moves but not permanent ones. Would that be right?
    Yes, and the loan deals are more clear cut now as well, u can't play against the team that owns u, simple as that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Despite Keane scoring over 100 goals for Spurs there is still a minority of the supporters who regard him as “The Green Judas”. However I think he will be well received by most of the supporters.
    Always look on the bright side of life

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast