Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Keane back to Spurs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_peepee View Post
    If he goes through with it I'm finished with him... Serious man points lost, if he f'cks off back to his comfort zone at the first oppertunity.

This is the man (used very loosely) our players are supposed to look to???
    I would love to see him leave the Pool (and Torres spend another few wks on the sidelines with immediate effect!!) but I think u might have a point. Not so much that the size of his balls would decrease in my opinion but that there is every chance Rafa himself could be gone in the summer. A manager with a brain could give Keane a new lease of life so it's surely worth the small gamble of sticking it out for another couple of months see what happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    If he goes through with it I'm finished with him... Serious man points lost, if he f'cks off back to his comfort zone at the first oppertunity.

This is the man (used very loosely) our players are supposed to look to???
    Very hard to play when he is not even in the sqaud. Benitez was playing to the gallery there in my view and Keane is at the centre of a political wrangling. No way back for him at Liverpool
    In Trap we trust

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelys Guitar View Post
    Last game of the season for Spurs is Liverpool away! Imagine if Liverpool are within 3 points of United (or the more likely scenario of fighting for a champions league place). Keane could come back to haunt them.
    In the words of Kevin Keegan..... Id love it!!!
    Its really not that complicated!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    I'd say you were right if it were this time next year and we had a major tournament looming... He has nothing to loose by trying to stick it out and do himself justice at the club. His Irish place is secure. Despite Liverpools treatment of him they're still light up front and have an injury prone main man (thus far this season). Gerard has some of the feild stuff to deal with. There's Champions league, FA Cup and league games left so there's plenty of oppertunities to give Benitez a metaphorical two fingers. Rafas not in a position to ignore him totally purely from players perspective. Yeah it's true Rafa's had cheap shots at him. Only when he'd everyone fit?? And how often has that happened.You have to be man enough to power through it.. Big enough to admint that you have under performed.... And he has under performed.

No one man is bigger than the club, including Rafa. Rafa mightn't even be there after the summer. Stick it out at your club, one of the biggest clubs in the world in spite of the manager, if not for him. He has more in his favour than players that have historically been treated like sh!t, cos rafa hasn't got the luxury of a deep squad.

But... He's bottling it and going back to his comfort zone.... at the first oppertunity.
    Last edited by dr_peepee; 02/02/2009 at 1:38 PM.
    I pity the fool!.... But suggest ways that he might improve himself.

www.thefastleague.com

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superfrank View Post
    In fairness, he wants to play football. He's not content to sit on the bench or in the stands and pick up his paycheck.
    Hanging around til the summer trying to do yourself justice beyond the first "get out" does not make him Winston Bogarde..

www.thefastleague.com

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    ah come on... whats he supposed to do when the manager of Liverpool makes it very clear he has no interest in having him at the club
    I doubt when he was signing he said to the board "I've always wanted to play for Rafa Benitez. I've been a Benitez fan since I was a boy." He signed to play for Liverpool. Say it's a case that the Board has signed him.. So what. If me getting shafted in some political rubbish means I get the oppertunity to play for my club, well shaft me sideways... twice.

Regardless of how he got there, he's there. And he's in a position to at least try to leave later on with more credibility than today. There've been players in worse positions than Keane that's turned it around. I'm not saying he'll ever be legend at the club.... But to leave like this... Galling for me as a Keane fan.

www.thefastleague.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Pleased to hear he is moving. Hate the way Liverpool play football and hated watching Keane play for them when he was obviously playing in a role that he is unsuited for.

Benitez must carry much of the criticism in this episode. I find it extremely unlikely that Benitez at any point when they were signing Keane, muttered the words " I don't want Keane" or anything to that effect. I don't see the owners of the club investing 20m on a player whom the manager stated he didn't want. The only reason they invest money is to see a return on it, i.e. a more successful team being a more valuable asset.

Therefore, one can assume Benitez did want Keane but soon realised upon signing him that he was unable to incorporate his undoubted talent into a team built on more hard work than guile and ability. Unfortunately for Robbie Keane, he has simply become a victim of Rafa Benitezs poor performance in the transfer market.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Give Robbie a rousing reception on the 11th

We should give Robbie a really rousing reception on the 11th. LEt's let him know that the Irish fans appreciate him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I doubt when he was signing he said to the board "I've always wanted to play for Rafa Benitez. I've been a Benitez fan since I was a boy." He signed to play for Liverpool. Say it's a case that the Board has signed him.. So what. If me getting shafted in some political rubbish means I get the oppertunity to play for my club, well shaft me sideways... twice.

Regardless of how he got there, he's there. And he's in a position to at least try to leave later on with more credibility than today. There've been players in worse positions than Keane that's turned it around. I'm not saying he'll ever be legend at the club.... But to leave like this... Galling for me as a Keane fan.
    Bit of an over reaction there. He wants to play football. Benitez is the manager and is likely to be the manager for a good while and he has no interest in even having Keane in the squad. The club accept a bid which means they do not want him either. So what is he meant to do stay at a club which does not want him and do not even include him in the squad or go back to a club where he knows he will be wanted and more importantly he will get his game. Its a good move for Ireland in my view.
    In Trap we trust

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Just heard on Sky news that he has signed for Spurs.

His Liverpool nightmare move is over.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Signed for Spurs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    There is a simple explanation for all of this.

Robbie always wanted to get at least one transfer in every 2 years during his career. He signed for Spurs in 2002 and had such a good time that he forgot to get a transfer for 6 years!!! The only way to bring his average down to 2 years again was a quick move to Liverpool for a few months and then back again to Spurs.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjpcc View Post
    We should give Robbie a really rousing reception on the 11th. LEt's let him know that the Irish fans appreciate him.
    Hear hear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Delighted with this news. Was sorry to see Keane go. Think Ramos should have fought to make him stay. Just wonder what Defoe must be thinking at the moment.
    Always look on the bright side of life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Im sure Defoe is gutted, but what about Bent? Top scorer and now 4th choice striker!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Delighted with this news. Was sorry to see Keane go. Think Ramos should have fought to make him stay. Just wonder what Defoe must be thinking at the moment.
    It's strange really, he's going from a team that has one good striker to a team that have at least 3 (excluding Campbell) to get first team football.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,694 Posts
    Yeah, but at least Redknapp actually likes playing more than one forward at a time. I'd normally prefer Liverpool over Chelsea by a country mile but I was desperate for Chelsea to win yesterday. I think Liverpool humiliated Keane. I bet he'll score against Arsenal again now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelys Guitar View Post
    Last game of the season for Spurs is Liverpool away! Imagine if Liverpool are within 3 points of United (or the more likely scenario of fighting for a champions league place). Keane could come back to haunt them.

I'd love it also, but it would also mean him depriving himself of a winners medal!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Yeah I think if Liverpool win th league it will be a travesty for football that overly defensive football can be the order of the day. It will be the equivalent of Greece winning Euro2004. Last year was a great year for attacking football with Manchester Utd winning the EPL and Champions league and Spain winning Euro 2008 and Bohs winning the Eircom League.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD View Post
    Last year was a great year for attacking football with Manchester Utd winning the EPL and Champions league and Spain winning Euro 2008 and Bohs winning the Eircom League.
    I don't think Frank Rijkaard would agree with u about the United bit!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast