Thread: We're safe.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

We're safe.

Lad,

Sorry about the delay in getting this to you all but I fell asleep. I was told at 9.20m tonight that we are sorted and will be playing First Division football next season. You'll no doubt get the details at the meeting on Sunday.
    RamblersWeb

Cricket: The most boring farcical game to ever grace the planet.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question

Is the reason no one has posted a reply to this tread yet is because were all waiting for confirmation or whats the crack, i dont think luka would make something like this up......so anybody no anything else about it????
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." -

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Everyone should be informed about the detail regarding the rescue at the meeting on Sunday afternoon. I thought this thread would be greeted with far greater enthusiam and am a bit curious as to why it hasn't. The arguing threads seem to take preference as usual. I'm looking for a bit more spirit and 'that's the job' or 'let's get it right this time' sort of stuff but nah................I hope this isn't something to go by for the season ahead.
    RamblersWeb

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I think many supporters like myself are worried that a deal was made with somebody somewhere without consent of members,we owe a large amount and it seems strange we can continue with it hanging over our heads,but maybe its all positive news suppose we"ll all know shortly....

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Everyone should be informed about the detail regarding the rescue at the meeting on Sunday afternoon. I thought this thread would be greeted with far greater enthusiam and am a bit curious as to why it hasn't. The arguing threads seem to take preference as usual. I'm looking for a bit more spirit and 'that's the job' or 'let's get it right this time' sort of stuff but nah................I hope this isn't something to go by for the season ahead.
    I can see your point luka and i do hope once it is all finalised this thread will be full of only good spirit, once all is finalised i think it would be a good idea to delete all previous bad threads and start afresh and go back to the positive threads like the ones were there when we were top of division one and winning it.......
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." -

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Luka, I for one look forward with great anticipation to the plan been unveiled.

However I am also very angry about the news that six long standing members of Cobh Ramblers FC have had their membership revoked.

Two of these people are still coming to terms with a very close family bereavement and I am just sickened at the total lack of respect been shown at a time like this.

For God's sake guys, no game, football team or club should ever take on more importance than life itself and particularly at a time of grief and loss.

If this is the level that some people will stoop to without any regard to the feelings of others, then I am have to admit I am now sorry to be even a supporter of this great club.

I would respectfuly ask who ever is responsible for all of this happening, to show more sensitivity to people and overturn this decision immediately.

Have we really stooped this low????

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd View Post
    However I am also very angry about the news that six long standing members of Cobh Ramblers FC have had their membership revoked.

Two of these people are still coming to terms with a very close family bereavement and I am just sickened at the total lack of respect been shown at a time like this.

For God's sake guys, no game, football team or club should ever take on more importance than life itself and particularly at a time of grief and loss.

If this is the level that some people will stoop to without any regard to the feelings of others, then I am have to admit I am now sorry to be even a supporter of this great club.

I would respectfuly ask who ever is responsible for all of this happening, to show more sensitivity to people and overturn this decision immediately.

Have we really stooped this low????
    Feck off ya miserable b0llocks!........the club reserves the right to refuse admission and membership!
    I assume your on about the "Crows Nest 6" in which case.....good riddance! They are lucky it's only the membership being refused and that there not up in front of a judge!
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    this was said at the last meeting if you showed jamesd, we are all sorry for there there loss, but this was a decision by the members againts the 6 signatures on the letter to the FAI, these people brought the club into disrepute, and have to face the concequences of it, people were banned from the club before with no notice at all, just turned up for a game and told they cannot enter,

there are consequences to every action, they knew this could happen if they went against the club,

i only said it yesterday my biggest gripe with the cimmitee is that these people were still members
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    And i thought this thread was going to be full of good lucks and pats on the back........obviously not

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    well jamed did post so what can we do

it is and excellent thing that has happened, and i will thank who ever it is that helped us,

ill be even more delighted when i hear a squad list, thats realy when it will feel like were getting back to the footie

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    but this was a decision by the members againts the 6 signatures on the letter to the FAI
    I'll butt in here Don to put the record straight unless I've totally misread your post but it was not a decision by the members. There were and still are alot of annoyed Members about it but ultimately it was in fact a top level decision. I'm stating this because it's the truth. Now...........back to football.
    Last edited by luka; 30/01/2009 at 5:08 PM.
    RamblersWeb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    I'll butt in here Don to put the record straight unless I've totally misread your post but it was not a decision by the members. There were and still are alot of annoyed Members about it but ultimately it was in fact a top level decision. I'm stating this because it's the truth. Now...........back to football.
    true, yes, just sayin the sentiment were the same for most

did someone say football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    the government has followed in the footsteps of cobh ramblers and banished all members of opposition parties to spike island along with the crows nest six. "we were very impressed by the situation at ramblers, why answer to the opposition when you can banish them" said an taoiseach.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I guess many will agree with the Suspensions/Expulsions, call them whatever you will, but many will also disagree with them. Did I mention football.............
    RamblersWeb

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yes ultimately a top level decision to get rid of people who are entitled to their opinion at all times.

A top level decision to get rid of anyone that questions any wrong doings in the club.

Ye talk about democracy, what a joke. Where was the democracy in not accepting the vote taken in December???

And any truth now that Dan Wyatt is gone too???

It is clear now that the agenda of the Chairman has nothing to do with football but rather get his own back on those who opposed his election in the first place.

If there was ever any hope of getting people together, then it is now shattered by this dictatorship move of removing members from the Club.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Great news Luka hope this is the start of a good season!!

Any news on the squad will be good to get back to the football.

Any friendlys lined up does any one know??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd View Post
    Yes ultimately a top level decision to get rid of people who are entitled to their opinion at all times.

A top level decision to get rid of anyone that questions any wrong doings in the club.

Ye talk about democracy, what a joke. Where was the democracy in not accepting the vote taken in December???

And any truth now that Dan Wyatt is gone too???

It is clear now that the agenda of the Chairman has nothing to do with football but rather get his own back on those who opposed his election in the first place.

If there was ever any hope of getting people together, then it is now shattered by this dictatorship move of removing members from the Club.
    funny how you say dictatorship, when the man was voted into office 3 times and still has the majority of member on his side, and we had the second vote casue the friends said they had E100k to save the club, which was just hot air, they also tried to bring legal proceeding toward the club, for them not getting there way, sorry now but minorities dont rule this club jamesd, they brought the club into disripute, and have to pay the concequences,

end of,

did someone say football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ramblers View Post
    Great news Luka hope this is the start of a good season!!

Any news on the squad will be good to get back to the football.

Any friendlys lined up does any one know??
    cork city on the 13th of feb, and waterford at some stage,

hopefully luka will have a bit of site building in a week or so

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Thats good news cant wait for the first match and getting the season started!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Cork City game is 14th lads.........afternoon kick-off. I contacted them the other day and they said 14th. Not sure about the Waterford game but will find out.

hopefully luka will have a bit of site building in a week or so

Yeah. I wasn't able to do anything with it until I knew where we stood so will be changing it over the coming weeks. I mentioned on the OFF site that we could learn alot by taking a leaf out of Athlone Town's book and get something like this going. We won't get 400 but we could certainly get 100 I'd say. See below:

Become an Athlone Town FC Patron

January 17, 2009

Athlone Town FC need 400 patrons to contribute a minimum of €10 per week, €43 per month, €260 half yearly, €520 annually or a €1000 full payment in order to reduce the clubs debts.

In return for this commitment patrons will receive the following benefits:

1. A premium season ticket allowing admittance to all Athlone Town games at Lissywollen, to include League Cup and FAI Cup games, for 2009 and 2010

2. 20% discount on all club merchandise purchased from the club shop

3. Free entry to a draw for 2 premium tickets for all international matches played in Croke Park (Draws will take place 1 month prior to match dates)

4. Access to purchase International tickets, home and away

5. Membership of Athlone Town FC

6. 2 years entry to our weekly lotto draw

7. Priority ticket booking for all glamour friendlies

8. Free tickets to all Youth Internationals held in the stadium

Download you application form by clicking (right click save as)HERE
    If you cant download for firewall reasons please email patrons@athlonetowntv.com to receive copy of application form by return email or call 0879918956 to receive copy by post.

For just €1.43 a day you can ensure Athlone Town FC survive in soccer for another 121 years
    Last edited by luka; 30/01/2009 at 6:00 PM.
    RamblersWeb

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast