Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Cobh Ramblers announce financial security

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Post Cobh Ramblers announce financial security

Cobh Ramblers announce financial security

Cobh Ramblers is financially secure, according to chairman Barry Walsh. However, the question of whether or not the club will secure a licence to compete in the League of Ireland First Division remains unresolved.

Walsh commented: 'I'm not saying that we won't get a licence, but in the event that we didn't we will drop down to the A League and that mightn't be the worst thing that could happen if it allows us the opportunity to get ourselves straight after what has been a difficult year.'

Taken from www.rte.ie
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    Cobh Ramblers announce financial security

Cobh Ramblers is financially secure, according to chairman Barry Walsh. However, the question of whether or not the club will secure a licence to compete in the League of Ireland First Division remains unresolved.

Walsh commented: 'I'm not saying that we won't get a licence, but in the event that we didn't we will drop down to the A League and that mightn't be the worst thing that could happen if it allows us the opportunity to get ourselves straight after what has been a difficult year.'
    A defeatest attitude of the highest order. How can he say that the club in financially secure?? I wonder what the creditors will think now??

As for dropping down a division, any so called leader who would even contemplate such a thing, let alone announce it in the media is no leader.

When you consider the amount of people, many now deceased, who have given so much to bring Cobh Ramblers FC into League of Ireland Football, I believe it is now time for change.

Mr. Chairman you have had your chance and have given a lot to Cobh Ramblers down the years. But with respect, I now urge you to do the decent thing and step aside for the betterment of the club.

While I have made very harsh criticisms of your leadership, I do recognise what you have done for the club and that is why I now ask you to consider carefully where the club is going. Do not allow yourself to be the person that was Chairman when Cobh Ramblers FC left League of Ireland Football.

Your legacy should amount to more than that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd View Post
    A defeatest attitude of the highest order. How can he say that the club in financially secure?? I wonder what the creditors will think now??

As for dropping down a division, any so called leader who would even contemplate such a thing, let alone announce it in the media is no leader.

When you consider the amount of people, many now deceased, who have given so much to bring Cobh Ramblers FC into League of Ireland Football, I believe it is now time for change.

Mr. Chairman you have had your chance and have given a lot to Cobh Ramblers down the years. But with respect, I now urge you to do the decent thing and step aside for the betterment of the club.

While I have made very harsh criticisms of your leadership, I do recognise what you have done for the club and that is why I now ask you to consider carefully where the club is going. Do not allow yourself to be the person that was Chairman when Cobh Ramblers FC left League of Ireland Football.

Your legacy should amount to more than that.
    and teh next chairman has to deal with the same issues, if its possible we will be in LOI football, if were not able for it doesnt matter whos in power we wont be able for it,

i strongly dissagree with dropping a division, i can see the benifits, but just dont like the idea
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by don ramo View Post
    and teh next chairman has to deal with the same issues, if its possible we will be in LOI football, if were not able for it doesnt matter whos in power we wont be able for it,

i strongly dissagree with dropping a division, i can see the benifits, but just dont like the idea
    Actually Don, I take bak my call for the Chairman to step down. Everyone should be accountable for their actions and so the Chairman should remain and deal with the dreadful issues and debts and have befallen upon our club.

I also agree with you, dropping a division is not runner, not if we want to gain supporters.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Where would mr. walsh expect us to gain revenue if we did drop to the a-league

i couldn see any people goin to an a-league game if they were chargin a fee

and also whats happens when they have to travel around the country for the games

i dont think the players will be contributin to the bus fare

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We wont be playing in the "a" league next year now we will be in 1st division and if you are a member then you will find out all you need to know on sunday like everyone else concerned. That was only going to happen if we couldnt get a license it wasnt going to be out of choice

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pcplod View Post
    We wont be playing in the "a" league next year now we will be in 1st division and if you are a member then you will find out all you need to know on sunday like everyone else concerned. That was only going to happen if we couldnt get a license it wasnt going to be out of choice
    Well pal

that was also the only reason i made that comment was if we couldnt get the license

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Your no pal of mine you are a fool who needs to grow up and stop causing agro.
    We are trying to progress positively with our club and its running so we certainly dont need the likes of u putting a downer on everything, this discussion is irreleavnt now anyway as we are getting a license, so thats the end of that.