Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Mark Byrne

  1. #1
    First Team livehead1's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,378
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    14
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

    Mark Byrne

    Has been getting very good reviews in the Forest reserves for a number of months how and is on the bench for the first team on a weekly basis. Not too long before he makes a breakthrough.

  2. #2
    Reserves
    Joined
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    377
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    9
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    11
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    how old? what position? are they(forest) still in the Championship this season?

  3. #3
    Seasoned Pro Razors left peg's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,764
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    364
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    290
    Thanked in
    181 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by livehead1 View Post
    Has been getting very good reviews in the Forest reserves for a number of months how and is on the bench for the first team on a weekly basis. Not too long before he makes a breakthrough.
    What position does he play?

  4. #4
    Coach tetsujin1979's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dublin, originally from Limerick
    Posts
    18,161
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    889
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,486
    Thanked in
    2,232 Posts
    came off the bench in the last minute against Doncaster in November
    was an unused sub in 3 of the last 4 games
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on twitter and facebook

  5. #5
    Reserves stiffler's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Antrim
    Posts
    282
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What position does he play??

  6. #6
    Youth Team
    Joined
    May 2008
    Posts
    188
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    29
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Interview with him from the Forest website:

    http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/pa...274339,00.html

  7. #7
    FORMERLY: Harpsbear Mad Moose's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Stone, Staffordshire
    Posts
    1,332
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    69
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    63
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Is he on loan from Brighton and Hove Albion or is that somebody else?.I've heard his name in commentary of Forest and Derby in the Cup and assumed he was Irish.

    May get a look at him the upcoming replay at the City Ground.

    There are a few Irish lads there. Maloney, McGugan (Is he Irish then?) and now Byrne.I'd say I'm missing somebody else at that.

  8. #8
    First Team livehead1's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,378
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    14
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsbear View Post
    Is he on loan from Brighton and Hove Albion or is that somebody else?.I've heard his name in commentary of Forest and Derby in the Cup and assumed he was Irish.

    May get a look at him the upcoming replay at the City Ground.

    There are a few Irish lads there. Maloney, McGugan (Is he Irish then?) and now Byrne.I'd say I'm missing somebody else at that.
    McGugan told me he is eligible for England and Scotland. The other Irish lad is Shane Redmond, a goalkeeper. Don't know if he's up to anything though.

  9. #9
    Reserves GenerationXI's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Luzern, Switzerland
    Posts
    349
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    12
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan 82 View Post
    how old? what position? are they(forest) still in the Championship this season?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    What position does he play?
    Quote Originally Posted by stiffler View Post
    What position does he play??

    Have you people ever heard of Wikipedia? Or do you know that Forest have a web-site with player profiles on it?
    We tend to believe that words enable thought. But words can also substitute for thought.

    - Richard A. Posner

  10. #10
    Seasoned Pro Razors left peg's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,764
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    364
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    290
    Thanked in
    181 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GenerationXI View Post
    Have you people ever heard of Wikipedia? Or do you know that Forest have a web-site with player profiles on it?
    So Im lazy...arrest me!!!

  11. #11
    First Team Dr. Ogba's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2006
    Location
    struggletown
    Posts
    1,046
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    so did we find out what position he plays or what?
    "Well I think they'll be a little disappointed with that" - Matt Holland on TV3 after 5-2 drubbing by Cyprus

  12. #12
    Reserves
    Joined
    Oct 2002
    Location
    At home on the range
    Posts
    427
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    It's a secret.
    "Can I have a Kit-Kat, chunky?"

    "you mean a big one"

    "No a normal kit-kat you fat bitch"

  13. #13
    Reserves
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Punta Arenas, Puerto Montt & everywhere in between
    Posts
    301
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    126
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    54
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Name: Mark Byrne
    Nationality: Irish
    Date of Birth: 09/11/1988
    Height: 5' 9" (175cm)
    Weight: 11st 0lbs (69.92kg)
    Position: Midfielder

    The Irish midfielder is regarded as one of the club's brightest young prospects.
    A product of the Forest Academy, he got his first taste of senior action last season when he made his debut as a substitute in a convincing win over Cheltenham.
    That was a reward for the quality - and consistency - of his displays for the club's all-conquering reserve side.
    The diminutive performer, who joined the Forest Academy from Crumlin United, will be hoping to force his way back into Colin Calderwood's plans in the months ahead.


    http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/pa...~43281,00.html
    Last edited by WexCar; 29/01/2009 at 3:57 PM.
    "U've figured how to work the Google on the internet machine"

  14. #14
    Youth Team HammerNThongs's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cork
    Posts
    175
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    What kind of midfielder?

    Seriously though, winger, creative, defensive, box-to-box, goalscoring, useless, Liam Miller?

    Scratch that, those last 2 are the same...

  15. #15
    Reserves
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    506
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WexCar View Post
    Name: Mark Byrne
    Nationality: Irish
    Date of Birth: 09/11/1988
    Height: 5' 9" (175cm)
    Weight: 11st 0lbs (69.92kg)
    Position: Midfielder

    The Irish midfielder is regarded as one of the club's brightest young prospects.
    A product of the Forest Academy, he got his first taste of senior action last season when he made his debut as a substitute in a convincing win over Cheltenham.
    That was a reward for the quality - and consistency - of his displays for the club's all-conquering reserve side.
    The diminutive performer, who joined the Forest Academy from Crumlin United, will be hoping to force his way back into Colin Calderwood's plans in the months ahead.


    http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/pa...~43281,00.html
    "Diminutive"?, it lists his height as 5'9 in that bio, which is the average male height in alot of places.

  16. #16
    FORMERLY: Harpsbear Mad Moose's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Stone, Staffordshire
    Posts
    1,332
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    69
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    63
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WexCar View Post
    will be hoping to force his way back into Colin Calderwood's plans in the months ahead.
    I don't think he will to be honest

  17. #17
    First Team livehead1's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,378
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    14
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    I don't think he is 5ft 9. I think he is a lot shorter. There is an interview on the Forest website where he states he was dropped from the Dublin district team because of his height and was turned down at other clubs for the same reason. Also, whenever I have seen him at games he comes across as being on the short side. Never bothered Sean W-P though!

  18. #18
    Coach tetsujin1979's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dublin, originally from Limerick
    Posts
    18,161
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    889
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,486
    Thanked in
    2,232 Posts
    SWP was let go from Forest for being too short!
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on twitter and facebook

  19. #19
    Capped Player OwlsFan's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Posts
    10,145
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    799
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,280
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Mark Byrne in the EFL Team of the week:

    Midfielder: Mark Byrne (Gillingham)

    Before the weekend, Gillingham hadn’t picked up maximum points on home turf in the league since September, but they put an emphatic end to that with a 4-1 defeat of Bristol Rovers.

    Irishman Byrne weighed in with two strikes – the second of which was a first-time volley into the top corner of Adam Smith’s net.

    -----------------
    Missed a peno for the hat trick though

    http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/s...ss-out-157167/
    Last edited by OwlsFan; 19/12/2017 at 5:04 PM.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

  20. #20
    Coach tetsujin1979's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dublin, originally from Limerick
    Posts
    18,161
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    889
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,486
    Thanked in
    2,232 Posts
    second goal was an absolute belter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mark Byrne
    By Daniel McD in forum Longford Town
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02/02/2002, 7:23 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •