Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Paddy Kavanagh

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Paddy Kavanagh

On his way to Derry according to the Derry Journal. Transfer fee to be involved as he is still under contract.

Massive loss for us if he does leave, the club will have to reinvest in players for face being relegated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrayUnknowns View Post
    On his way to Derry according to the Derry Journal. Transfer fee to be involved as he is still under contract.

Massive loss for us if he does leave, the club will have to reinvest in players for face being relegated.
    i would not call him a massive loss,, started the season well but did nothing during second half of season.. at least we'll get something for him..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    It is true that he had a great start and tailed off a bit but he is a premier type player. If he was the only one leaving or having left I think we would be fine but we have now lost far too many experienced players and far too few seem to be coming in. I find it hard to understand as most clubs are supposed to be cutting back aswell so there must be good quality players available out there that arent going to cost the earth!?
    While Dunphy and Gorgescu are reasonable, they will not be good enough to keep us up. Currently we have limited firepower and lack a couple of top quality defenders - Delaney / Doherty / Kenny, we have also lost 2 full backs - Cronin and Ivory. I am all for giving youth its chance - esp Kelly and Coughlan but they need quality and experience around them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    I thought he was a good player, but seemed a bit lazy or disinterested at times, but he's got real quality.
    I hoped we'd have a shot at getting him but we can't compete with DC...
    at least not until the salary caps are getting breached about June....
    and that'll be a lot of clubs not Derry specifically
    innit though??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    any news on tis??????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Bid turned down according to the mirror. Eddied wants to keep Paddy and has told Derry exactly how much itll take to bring him to derry. Also Chris Deans has signed back from Sporting Fingal and Skippy confirmed he is staying. See Daily mirror today!
    Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KR's Post View Post
    Bid turned down according to the mirror. Eddied wants to keep Paddy and has told Derry exactly how much itll take to bring him to derry. Also Chris Deans has signed back from Sporting Fingal and Skippy confirmed he is staying. See Daily mirror today!
    Good news about Paddy and Skippy, but why unearth have they signed Deansey back ? Shocking ambition shown by the club in bringing Deansey back. It's going to be a long horrible season again for us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Good news about Paddy and Skippy, but why unearth have they signed Deansey back ? Shocking ambition shown by the club in bringing Deansey back. It's going to be a long horrible season again for us.
    Lack of ambition? Deansy was as good if not better than Delaney in his season with us, personally I think Deansy is a good signing who will more than fill Dohertys void. He's just as good as Doherty and no where near as injury prone
    I'd love to invent a time machine then go back in time and win the lottery, buy new players and a stadium. Time machines are brilliant aren't they- Ian Holloway

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulsey View Post
    Lack of ambition? Deansy was as good if not better than Delaney in his season with us, personally I think Deansy is a good signing who will more than fill Dohertys void. He's just as good as Doherty and no where near as injury prone
    Come off it will you Deans is no were near as good as big clive or even Doherty. Total lack of pace and does not have the same leadership qualities as either of the other 2. I'd much prefered the club to keep hold of Ray Kenny than sign Deans.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Chris Deans is potentially one of the best defenders in the league. His defensive instincts are way beyond those of most centre-backs here and he can use the ball intelligently.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Chris Deans is potentially one of the best defenders in the league. His defensive instincts are way beyond those of most centre-backs here and he can use the ball intelligently.
    Where's the punch line ?

He was average at best for us and when i saw him last season in the 1st division he still looked very average and was at fault fior a few goals i saw SP conceed.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Another signing

Wanderers Manager Eddie Gormley completed the signing of DARREN DUNNE from Sheriff Youth Club. 21 year old Dunne is one of the AUL's most promising players and his signing is a major coup for Wanderers. From the club web site.

Never hear of the lad buyt going on the young players we have brought to the club over the last number of years i'd be excited about this lad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I disagree too - he was good and solid - possibly not quite as much a leader as Delany or Doherty, never a captain figure but made far less mistakes than Delaney did. I am glad to see him back. We need to concentrate on more fire power now. Is Dunphy gone? Did the Sava goalkeeper stay - or do we have goalkeeping back up?

Where's the punch line ?

He was average at best for us and when i saw him last season in the 1st division he still looked very average and was at fault fior a few goals i saw SP conceed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Hope Paddy stays!
    Happy Deansy is back too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Deansy was a great defender for us and i'm sure he will be again this year,, great to get him back, feeling better about this season already..