Givens must be in line to replace Trap after that
    Last time i dreamt about that it took me a week to dry the mattress
    I

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    Only Redmond & Sheeridan disappointed me. Henderson looked far more composed and capable than Redmond.

The German winger (Ben Atira?) was top notch and made Moloney work hard but by and large I liked what I saw. Meyler looks like a good ball winner and Gleeson used the ball well. I'd like to have seen JJOT play for a bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    I can't believe he didn't give JJ O'Toole a run. What a waste of a week for the youngster. Whats the chances of him being injured when the next squad is announced and who can blame him.
    Always look on the bright side of life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Givens:

"Liam Brady was due to be here last night but there were problems with the training in Dublin so they all watched it on TV in Portmarnock.

"I had a text immediately after the game from them, saying that they had seen the game and Giovanni was impressed. The German coach was very impressed with us as well, he said we were very good for such a young team.

"Giovanni has already had people like Sean Scannell and Owen Garvan in for training with the senior squad, and he would have seen a very good performance from Stephen Gleeson last night, so a few of the boys didn't do themselves any harm last night.

"Overall, it was very good for us. We got some new caps out there, some good performances, we had a less experienced team than them, the Germans are playing at a higher level than our boys, and we deserved the result.

"Brendan Moloney had a tough debut at full back as he was up against their best player, but he gave us options going forward. David Meyler was excellent, he was strong in midfield when we needed someone to put a foot in. All of the boys who made their debuts were excellent."

"Qualifying is a possibility, we're in a tough group and for a small nation like us to qualify for the finals is bloody difficult. We have to top the group and then play home and away against another group winner, so it's a tough ask.

"But it is possible with this group. We had players missing last night who will come back into contention so we'll give it a good go."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234