Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FAI board rejects Cobh Ramblers’ proposal

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    its been a total mess these last few months. ive stayed off here cause i dont know what to say. it seems everyone has there sides and are sticking to their guns sad really. ive heard rumours of whos on the FOCKERS side and i dont know any of them personally. maybe they are at blame for the FAI not accepting our proposal or maybe the FAI are telling the truth and just couldnt put themselves in a position to help us and not others but i think every story has two sides and everyone is attacking the FOCKERS but what have the committee being doing? maybe they are doing stuff i just havent heard of it in the post email or on the website. what will go down in all our memories along with the club is that personal agendas ruined the club on both sides of the arguement. every single member of the club is at fault if the club goes to the wall not just the FOCKERS or barry walsh and the committee. "the sub" and others have constantly told us to do something. do we agree that now id the time for the club members and friends of the members to do something?
    Last edited by MojoPin; 29/01/2009 at 8:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fbtn View Post
    No matter to us. We win all our games, we win the league regardless of what anyone else does.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MojoPin View Post
    its been a total mess these last few months. ive stayed off here cause i dont know what to say. it seems everyone has there sides and are sticking to their guns sad really. ive heard rumours of whos on the FOCKERS side and i dont know any of them personally. maybe they are at blame for the FAI not accepting our proposal or maybe the FAI are telling the truth and just couldnt put themselves in a position to help us and not others but i think every story has two sides and everyone is attacking the FOCKERS but what have the committee being doing? maybe they are doing stuff i just havent heard of it in the post email or on the website. what will go down in all our memories along with the club is that personal agendas ruined the club on both sides of the arguement. every single member of the club is at fault if the club goes to the wall not just the FOCKERS or barry walsh and the committee. "the sub" and others have constantly told us to do something. do we agree that now id the time for the club members and friends of the members to do something?
    Mojo, I agree with everything you have said here and I wish everyone could put aside their personl struggles for the betterment and saving of our Club.

However, I know that some will attack me even now for suggesting we all Club together for Our Club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    its a democracy and the friends dont seem to want to accept it, im pionting the finger here jamesd as your the one saying we should get together, were had a democratic vote and the friends should accept the law of the club, the majority of the club are together, and will do whats asked of them and whats needed to save it, the friends were asked to show there plan, they chose not to show, the comtempt of it is unbeliveable, how there still members is beyond me, thats my bigest gripe with our board,

the club made a decision, the majority accepted it, and the friends didnt fall into line, even if you dont like it you have to respect the majority,

so are you gonna accept the majority rule jamesd, do you acknowledge democracy,
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Still the same old story. Blame, blame and more blame.
    The club is on it's knees and all that is happening is the blame game and finger pointing.
    If as much effort and energy was put into saving the club as there is at pointing fingers we wouldn't be in half the sh!te that we are in now.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i do support a democracy but my earlier post was just saying that if the members who are in control of the club are not doing there job which it appeared they werent, im in a diff country so all i have to go on is official web page and here, then a democratic system allows the members of such a democracy to revolt against the wrong doings of their chosen leaders. however luka just posted that we are safe so i hope things can move on from here bottom line is focers dont like the current running of the club and possibly the other way around but who cares we have first division football this yr!
    Quote Originally Posted by fbtn View Post
    No matter to us. We win all our games, we win the league regardless of what anyone else does.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Half the problem is our or atleast some peoples willingness to accept bad-news rumours and reported stories. Jamesd jumped on the report in last nights echo about the debt jumping up to €750,000. - a crock opf ****e.
    Any member who attended Dan Wyatts briefings and his budget proposals only 2 weeks ago, would have seen right through that piece of bad journalism.
    Was that reporter fed another piece of misinformation by you know who, or was he just trying to spice things up to help sell papers?

Either way, we members should know better.
    I agree with the R72 that all our energies should be directed in to positive united action for the club, but that will only work if every member stays on course and doesnt sucumb to the temptation to revert back to focr - blame -type!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by don ramo View Post
    its a democracy and the friends dont seem to want to accept it, im pionting the finger here jamesd as your the one saying we should get together, were had a democratic vote and the friends should accept the law of the club, the majority of the club are together, and will do whats asked of them and whats needed to save it, the friends were asked to show there plan, they chose not to show, the comtempt of it is unbeliveable, how there still members is beyond me, thats my bigest gripe with our board,

the club made a decision, the majority accepted it, and the friends didnt fall into line, even if you dont like it you have to respect the majority,

so are you gonna accept the majority rule jamesd, do you acknowledge democracy,
    Don, since that last vote on the FAI proposal, I have always accepted the democratic decision, just like I accepted the earlier vote in December which was overturned. So listen, there is no point at all pointing the finger at who supported what or when. The fact is, The FAI made their decision and as much as we don't like it, we have to accept it.

Redshanks is very fond of condeming me when I ask questions. The figure of the club owing €750,000 was from the same article as the quotes from our Chairman, so I assumed that information came from him.

The situation we find ourselves in is the fault of many in the Club but I do not accept that the current Leadership is without blame.

I am not and repeat not, part of FOCR, but I can imagine their frustrations when all that happens on here is a blame game against them for making this all happen and causing the debts to build up, without acknowledging that the Current Leadership had a large part to play in this too.

Its as simple as this, if people here are willing to admit that the Current Committee are at fault for a large part of this, I will be the first in with an offer to serve the club any way I can.

I do not want more of the same in the future and unless we all admit that there were mistakes made, then how can we move forward in a trusting fashion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    there were mistkes made, large financialy ones, that why we implemented the financial controls, (that 1/3 rejected for some reason), but your on about moving forward,

this board will be here for at least another year, and this is fact, its the law of the club, so you are sayin that as long as there there you wont support the club, what kind of supporter are you,

supporters need to unite now, not in 12 months, the majority seem to trust the current board, our chairman has been elected with the trust of the club on 3 consecutive occasions, so the majority of people are willing to work with him, whenever weve been asked to help the club we have,

you are aware that most clubs have CEOs and accountants that get paid, and yet they still accumulate more debth than out vouluntary commitee, who do it for the love of the club,

were supporting the club, not the board, cause we love the club, and to be honest, i dont want to drive up to turners cross every second friday,
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I know we are going around in circles here, but Jamesd you are not helping your own case when you repeat the same line all the time. You say that I'm fond of condemning you when you ask questions.
    Truth is, I only take you to task when you are selective in the questions you ask. Yes the current committee has questions to answer for our present situation just as the commitees before them (including some focr's who jumped ship from previous administration when the heat got to hot for them).
    As I wrote previously, I put my name to a letter to all the members recently outlining many faults and procedures/systems to do with our club that are wrong and need to be changed. changing the guard isnt worth a toss unless the systems underwhich the new incoming committee takes on, is also changed.
    Seems to me Jamesd, that you just want one crowd out and your friends in and thats that.
    You pitifully try to then pretend that you are nuetral, but fail to convince each time because through your selective tunnel vision, you can only see one group as being the problem.
    I and few other committed members campaigned all of last and this year to bring about financial controls to our club. I'm proud to say we have succeeded, but our work is far from finished yet. This campaign work will continue no matter who is in charge at the club. We have been called alot of nasty things for having the cheek to mention let alone promote such changes by some in the present, and many in the old guard, but we have and will proceed forward, because it is the right thing to do for our club, and we know the vast majority of the membership agee with what we are doing.
    Strange to relate though, and you might find this odd Jamesd, the current leadership have warmed more to our ideas than those who would call themselves friends of our club.

So yes Jamesd there was mistakes made at our club, and yes there were even greater and more damaging mistakes made by those who have for some time fought to wrest control of the club. We all know that -So what are you now going to do to help the cause of Cobh Ramblers Jamesd?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lads there is plenty of things that every member can do to get our club back on track, some of these are all ready in place and others will need to be set up properly, it means a lot of hard work and perseverance, but I am sure that those who really want Cobh Ramblers to thrive will step up and either come up with and implement new ideas for raising revenue or help out with those already in place.

The fact is that we can argue here all day about who is at fault blah blah but until you can stand up and say i am willing to do something or are already doing so then your arguments have no substance.

It is time to act lads the first steps are being put in place by the committee but they can not do it all it is up yo US. So either put up or shut up

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Lads...........just one thing. Can we forget all the arguing and blame games now. We have a rescue in place, along with First Div football and at this moment in time, that's all the really matters.
    RamblersWeb

Cricket: The most boring farcical game to ever grace the planet.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Lads...........just one thing. Can we forget all the arguing and blame games now. We have a rescue in place, along with First Div football and at this moment in time, that's all the really matters.

Luka well said.. I have been saying this for months and months now is time to forget what went on for the last few months and get on with saving your team.
    the sub

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123