Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Cork City claim U20 League

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Post Cork City claim U20 League

Cork City claim U20 League

Cork City claimed victory in the inaugural Dr. Tony O'Neill Under-20 League of Ireland, after defeating Bohemians 1-0 in the tournament's final at Blarney this evening. In a closely contested match, it took a goal in extra time from Paul Deasy to separate the teams. With the match scoreless after 90 minutes, Deasy's penalty kick in the 104th minute claimed victory for the Leesiders.

Cork City will now place the Dr. Tony O'Neill Under-20 League of Ireland trophy alongside the Setanta Sports Cup, which they won earlier this season. Bohemians, however, were unable to add to their already impressive trophy haul - having won the League of Ireland Premier Division and FAI Ford Cup, the Gypsies lost both the A Championship final and the Dr. Tony O'Neill Under-20 League of Ireland final.

Read more at www.eircomloi.ie
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Yeah was out at it...man, was freezing cold and as the second half wore on, I feared extra time, but there it was anyway. Some fine performances from City players. We outpassed Bohs all day long but they were pretty organised as a back 4 that never ventured beyond half ways and made it difficult to get clear cut chances.

Stand outs for me were the number 6, Rob Waters and the number 7 Eoin Forde. Waters ran the show and bossed the center of the park. Little linking passes from winger to full back, he was often involved in little triangles we were setting up to get past Bohs players on either wing and he linked well enough with Deasy as well up top. He also got stuck in a lot.

Forde was kinda like watching a young Georgie. Not all that pacey and didnt really like chasing anything, but with the ball at his feet, he looked like he had tremendous skill and technique. Went on a couple of brilliant dribbles, none more so then the one that lead to the first red card which would have been one of the greatest goals I have seen in the flesh if he had managed to finish it off.

Oh, and from where I was, the ball DEFINITELY crossed the line!