Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alan McLoughlin Day

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Originally posted by michaelguineys
    World Cup Me Arse was brilliant!! Fierce funny! I bloody lost it aswell tho. Mite tear the house apart 2nite actually and try to find it. Hilarious.

Did anyone else buy it actually??
    Macateer and Gary Kelly go into an Orlando Bar.....

GK: " Two Beers please"
    Bartender: "sorry your too young"
    GK: "But O'im little Gary Kelly
    Bartender " I don't care if your Big Grace Kelly, you're not getting served"
    JM (In broad scouse accent) " itz becoz weeeere Irish innit"

or the american commentators referring to Terry Phelan

"look at him go there Bob, he's like supermario down that wing"

Brilliant tape, have a copy of it myself somewhere in the house, very funny indeed, if you can't find it, send me a pm and i'll do a copy for you and send it over, no bother.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Originally posted by lopez

Junior, after much brain scratching, I now know who you are. Was with SM from Winchmore 'Cypress' Hill on Sunday and he filled me in after an internet description of yerself. The big man should be a gard.
    Internet description of myself - not sure I want to know the contents of that!!

Is SM - Sylvy??

If so don't think ive bumped in to him since Japan haven't seen him at any of the Ireland games or in Glasgow, heard he had a female in toe, which would explain alot

If SM isn't Sylvy then ignore the above, but I do know a fair few of the London supporters club.

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Originally posted by pineapple stu
    Didn't he go off to Forest Green then? Just shows how much effect ITV Digital had on the English game if Forest Green could afford him where Pat's couldn't.
    At the time of signing McLoughlin, Forest Green were in the Conference (they're still there, btw) and thus fell outside of the clubs subject to ITV Digital coverage and funding. They've also never been considered as one of the "big" clubs at that level, drawing crowds of around 1,000 for home matches and remaining part-time.

IMO, the fact that he would have had to uproot his family to play for Pats, whereas he wouldn't have needed to move house to play for FGR (they're based in Nailsworth, Gloucestershire - a couple of hours drive at most from Portsmouth, his previous club at the time), probably had more of an influence on his decision.

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Originally posted by Junior
    Is SM - Sylvy??
    Yes that's right. I asked him if he knew any of the Mancs, who might have lived in London and worked for Siemens. He said yes, told me your name and said 'you know him, you've spoken to him loads of times.' He reckoned he last saw you in Zagreb but I'm sure I saw you recently and it probably had to be Japan.

He was in Glasgow and Basel (both of us were in the Swiss end), but he hasn't been to Celtic at all this season. He's got a nice colleen now, but I think the fact he's bought property back in Kildare has got more to do with his absence.

BTW, speaking of US'94 bad taste songs, I've still got that 'Watch your house for Ireland' on CD.
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Originally posted by lopez
    but I think the fact he's bought property back in Kildare has got more to do with his absence.

he always said he fancied living back in Kildare, fair play to him obv. gettting there!!!

You have a PM by the way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12