Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liam Brady scolds journo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    It was Brady making a comment about Stephen Ireland. He was answering a journalist's question.
    A far cry away from your swallowing of the line that he was barking at a journalist to "have a bit of respect for your country"
    never mind the silly link to olden days when Liam was slim and had hair.
    i was at the press conference and he said it to the journo, clear as day..Tony O'D was wrong in his report.
    'How can I hate women, my Mums one!!!' Chris Finch

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I thought it was fairly clear that Brady was talking about Ireland when he said that.
    It makes no sense for him to say it about the journo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenerased View Post
    i was at the press conference and he said it to the journo, clear as day..Tony O'D was wrong in his report.
    It would'nt be the first time Tony O'D got it wrong. What is it with irish Journalists.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mento View Post
    I thought it was fairly clear that Brady was talking about Ireland when he said that.
    It makes no sense for him to say it about the journo
    From the interview it does, it seems that the journalist was saying that we should just call up Ireland and basically beg him to play for us. So Brady said to the journalist have some pride in your country.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    According to Vincent Hogan and its pretty much what I saw too.

Sitting to Trapattoni's left, Liam Brady became decidedly *****ly at the persistent search for blossoms in a mine shaft. A journalist wondered were they not inclined to simply phone the player again?

"We just said that we agreed with Stephen Ireland that he would make contact when he was ready," snapped the Irish assistant.

Clear

"Is that not clear? We agreed that he was to contact us if he wanted to come back. Okay? Have bit of respect for your country!"

It was, frankly, the nearest we got to an appropriate tone. Short of throwing blossoms at the player's feet and singing lullabies, all avenues of reconciliation have surely been exhausted.
    In Trap we trust

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD View Post
    From the interview it does, it seems that the journalist was saying that we should just call up Ireland and basically beg him to play for us. So Brady said to the journalist have some pride in your country.

I was at the press conf. Personally I thought he had Ireland in his mind when he said it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mento View Post
    I was at the press conf. Personally I thought he had Ireland in his mind when he said it

if the wording NeilMcD has quoted in his post is correct, then i cant see how it could refer to Ireland and id say it is almost certainly directed at the journalist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I definitely think it was aimed at the journalist. Brady was pointing out that we shouldn't have to get down on our knees to him to come back.

I have to say that this thing should be nipped in the bud. Either sort it out or rule him out. Otherwise it may prove unsettling for the squad. They need to be focused on what matters.
    And you ask me to help you??!! Man is evil!!!! Capable of nothing but destruction!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Docboy View Post
    I definitely think it was aimed at the journalist. Brady was pointing out that we shouldn't have to get down on our knees to him to come back.

I have to say that this thing should be nipped in the bud. Either sort it out or rule him out. Otherwise it may prove unsettling for the squad. They need to be focused on what matters.
    He will come back. Ruling him out is crazy. Send SOMEONE to see him, doesn't have to be anyone "high ranking", confirm to him that he WILL be welcome back in to the squad if he makes it known that he has gotten over his sulking or whatever and does want to play. We could certainly do with him............................................... .................................................. ........and Reid!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Docboy View Post
    that is what a reasonable assessment would be. just people seeking scandal where there is none

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scram View Post
    He will come back.
    doubt it

Ruling him out is crazy.
    He hasnt told the management team he is ready to come back

. Send SOMEONE to see him, !
    Tony Soprano ?

, confirm to him that he WILL be welcome back in to the squad if he makes it known that he has gotten over his sulking or whatever and does want to play. We could certainly do with him............................................... .................................................. ........and Reid! - ?
    would this occur before or after this visit

He doesnt want to play for us - its called unrequited love.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Sometimes people can be very very frustrating. Surely at this point everyone would agree that the next course of action would be for the matter to be put to rest until S.Ireland call Trap and tells him that he is ready to play.

Any idea that Trap&co should be calling Ireland regularly to see if he is up to coming back is just plane lunacy not to mention harassment. Ireland called time on his career, its up to him to restart it.

Either way that journalist is an idiot, and if Trap had simply called S. Ireland up into the squad without any direct contact indicating he was ready to return, then I bet that same journalist and those calling for Irelands return would be crying murder about how its not fair to put S.Ireland under that type of pressure.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Brady refused to answer questions regarding Andy Reid's non inclusion in this and other squads. And yet he decided to inject himself into the Stephen Ireland debate. Very selective of "chippy".

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelys Guitar View Post
    Brady refused to answer questions regarding Andy Reid's non inclusion in this and other squads. And yet he decided to inject himself into the Stephen Ireland debate. Very selective of "chippy".
    Totally disagree, he interjected through exasperation and has always had the attitude (which was repeated on Monday) that he wants to concentrate on the players actually in the squad which would be entirely in line with 'policy' you say he has of not answering questions about Reid.

On the other point being debated, it seemed obvious to me he was talking to the journalist regarding respect and the fact that it's been twisted in some rags to suggest he may have meant Stephen Ireland is representative of the pure tabloidification of a large section of our print media (which it's by far the worse for).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelys Guitar View Post
    so what? are the same questions to be answered by the same people again and again?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12