Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Top of the League

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Top of the League

Happy Days!!

Didn't deserve a thing, and if we play like that in the next two games, we haven't a hope of clinching the league title. Harps were the only team in this game, and full credit to the Donegal side and supporters for their enthuasiasm on the worst night of the year so far, weather wise.

Noel King even managed to share a bit of friendly banter with some of the Dublin City fans, It was a great turnout, the biggest I've ever seen in three season in Whitehall, and I hope that the same people make the trip back for the final day of the season against Bray.

Finn Harps have every right to feel hard done by, but as a Viking supporter, we will take the three points we robbed from your hands earlier tonight. If we manage to take top spot, (its really between us and Bray now, I hope that you progress through the play offs, and take the place of your neighbours Derry in the Premier Division.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Talking

in work, still ****sed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Harps owned the ball for about 90% of the game, but in fairness there weren't many clear cut chances at all.

We were hard done by in Finn Park earlier this year, so I have no qualms in taking a bit of good fortune now.
    Happy days!!

Will have to improve alot in order to beat Bray, not losing sight of Athlone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    An absolute travesty. Harps had all the ball and all the chances (bar one!). Dublin City offered nothing and seemed to be playing for a 0-0 draw from the start. If Harps had a forward who could head the ball, they would have won easily.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Can't deny that we were blessed, McHugh had a couple of good chances, that just seemed to stay outside of the Vikings net, Robbie Horgan pulled his groin during the first half, and couldn't even take the kick outs for the remainder of the game, he was struggling, but must have someone watching over him, He got away with murder.

TheRealRovers
    Well done lads in helping to keep the Harps down

Sheridan
    Bray's defeat tonight means we need only four points from our last two games to be champs. But I'm sure we all remember what Athlone did to us in September, and we're well capable of losing both games. Still, the force seems to be with us in a big way.

(Any chance you could blag me a copy of the Finn Harps tape, Breifne? )

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Can't believe the luck we've had over the last few days. Its in our own hands .