Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Play-Offs

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

NFL Play-Offs

Anyone keeping an eye on the NFL Play-offs this weekend..? Four games down for decision: Atlanta at Arizona, Indianapolis at San Diego, Baltimore at Miami and Philadelphia at Minnesota.

- Atlanta are in better form than Arizona at the minute. The Cardinals just sort of stumbled through and won a p*ss poor NFC West and I reckon Atlanta will be too strong with MIchael Turner and Mat Ryan on form

- Indianapolis are on a role at the moment with nine wins in a row, Peyton Manning once again the main man in their challenge, with 17 touchdown passes in that spell (27 for the season) and the Chargers' particularly poor defence should ensure the Colts have no trouble.

- Baltimore beat Miami earlier in the term and both are in good form coming into the weekend. Miami have won five in a row, but I reckon Baltimore will take this one - the Dolphins are weak enough in defence from what little I've seen of them on the box.

- Philadephia beat Minnesora earlier in the year too and Minesota were nearly beaten by Detroit - who were 0-16 all season, becomming the worst team in NFL history! - adn Pat Williams is a doubt as well.

Predictions:
    Atlanta
    Indianapolis
    Baltimore
    Philedelphia
    Last edited by harpskid; 01/01/2009 at 2:45 PM.
    Finn Harps Dot Com
    www.finnharps.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harpskid View Post
    Predictions:
    Atlanta
    Indianapolis
    Baltimore
    Philedelphia
    Gonna go with the Chargers in an upset.
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    not a chance the Chargers will beat the Colts. Would like to see Atlanta do well. Miami could beat Baltimore tho, if they can stop the running game of Baltimore.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Will agree.

Id have to agree with Harpskid.There is though always an upset in these wild card games and i think there could be one in the Dolphins Ravens game with maybe Dolphins sneaking it.All the rest should go true to predictions though.
    Cant wait for Colts Chargers though,they will take lumps out of eachother.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Burny89 View Post
    not a chance the Chargers will beat the Colts. Would like to see Atlanta do well. Miami could beat Baltimore tho, if they can stop the running game of Baltimore.
    Only reason the Chargers have a slight chance is that they use a three four defense ( Four linebackers) and Manning tends to struggle against that set up. It's on today, so we'll see what happens.
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Brilliant game last night. Chargers edge the Colts in overtime. Sproles had a huge game, with LT on the sideline. Their punter was immense also, with four kicks inside the ten yard line, including a 67 yard bomb. Won a couple of hundred bucks on this one.

Disappointed Atlanta are out, but they didn't play well. Credit to the Arizona defense though, they did a good job of getting after Ryan and held Turner to 42 yards. Their offensive line had a great game also, not allowing a sack on Warner all day.

Eagles beat the Vikings. Defense looks strong. Miami's Chad Pennington had a shocker, but the Ravens look good. Going to be a physical game against the Titans. I think the Ravens can beat them. Don't care much for Kerry Collins.
    Last edited by strangeirish; 05/01/2009 at 3:47 AM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Great weekend of action. That was some punting by the chargers all right. Terrible play cal by the usually solid Colts offence on 3rd and 2 in the last min or two. They should prob even have given up a safety to let the chargers back to within one, but at least they would have punted to a safer distance than they did. Also you'll win nothing without a running game and good an all as Manning is, they have no running game to back it up. What is the situation with transfers, can they go and get a guy like Larry Jonson or what is the story there?

Falcons got ahead at half time, but were deffo showing their inexperience in the sec half. Shame as what they did this year was superb.

Didn't see much of last nights games, fancied the Ravens all right. Vikings again suffered having a rookie QB, they have little beyond Peterson.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    Also you'll win nothing without a running game and good an all as Manning is, they have no running game to back it up. What is the situation with transfers, can they go and get a guy like Larry Jonson or what is the story there?
    Nothing can happen till the season is over. I don't think he's a free agent next year, but the Chiefs may decide to trade him. He'd be a good fit with Indy, as they run a spread offense, so it could happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    I wouldn't be a fevered supporter of the NFL, but the Dolphins/Ravens game was very good, tight up until before half time, that Ted Ginn looked very good, they were highlighting some of his earlier returns for touchdowns, very impressive. Gotta feel sorry for the last Miami defender after the second interception touchdown, it was him against a convoy of 6 players sprinting towards him, glad it wasn't me in that situation!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Ravens beat the Titans in a bruising game. These two knocked lumps out of each other. Great defense by the Ravens and Flacco is very impressive for a rookie quarterback.

Cardinals pull a huge upset against Carolina last night. Larry Fitzgerald is some player. Delighted for Kurt Warner, he shredded Carolina. His offensive line give him all the time in the world to throw and they finally got a bit of a running game going. Their defense was immense, picking off Delhomme 5 times and forced a fumble from him also.

Eagles and Giants should be a good one, with the Steelers and Chargers later on today. Not going to predict either game, after what happened yesterday. All great stuff so far in the playoffs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Yeah 4 good games over the weekend. I'm delighted for Warner and McNabb. 2 quarterbacks I love.

Baltimore's D won the game for them, as expected. Outstanding stuff from the Cardinals, helped by a very poor Jake Delhome. Eagles win a hard fought game in Meadowlands. Roethlisberger having his best game in years gives a relatively easy win for Steelers.

An all Pennsylvania Superbowl?
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Great weekend of action. Eli was woeful, I thought he was too cocky altogether. Fair play to the Eagles, McNabb was superb.

Would love the Cards and Ravens to get to the big one.

Chargers disappointed as well. Big Ben the punter. I like it.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Any predictions for the NFC and AFC championship games this weekend lads? Don't follow the NFL that closely but the race seems wide open this year.
    I'm what? I'm ants at a picnic?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    I've backed a steelers/cardinals suberbowl. Obviously though the Steelers and eagles are favourites. I think Baltimore is to banged up on D while the Steelers D should murder Flacco. Eagles have won 2 play off games without being too impressive. I'd like to think Warner will have a better game than Jackson or Eli did. Definitely worth a punt at the odds
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Going with the Ravens in an upset. Should be a hard hitting game as these two despise each other. Hard to go against the Eagles in the other game, but, if Arizona's offensive line can protect Warner, it could get very interesting. They really need to get their running game going to keep the Eagles blitzing in check. We'll see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona_Cardinals

Was surprised to read that the Cardinals are the oldest professional football club in the US. History (pretty unsuccessful it must be said!) going back to 1898.

Only 1 league title in 1947 i think.
    I'm what? I'm ants at a picnic?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Cardinals are up 7 early, Fitzgerald with the TD. Running game is working for them so far. Anyone watching?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Great opening drive for the Cards, the Eagles D looked really bad, they better step it up.

I do hope McNabb fails though, if he throws a couple of INT and generally plays bad then i can see the Eagles fans hating on him again....then he can come to Chi town next season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    What a play by the Cards! Dang! Fitzgerald again!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Love it.

Fitzgerald is a beast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast