Thread: North Kildare

Celbridge aka C-Bridge aka The CBDG/Leeson Street
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

North Kildare

Wahey, first-time post/thread... long-time voyeur lol

Just wondering if anyone knows what the... commute(?) between North Kildare (say Celbridge) to Station Rd is? I'd say i'm closer and tis easier to get to Dalyer or Tolka than Station Rd from here

Although the idea for an all county Kildare LOI team was the right decision IMO, would i be right in saying that it has shown that soccer clubs are a more urban phenomena and can't sustain large rural catchment areas in the same way GAA can countywide? Especially freshly created identities such as Kildare.

Really and honestly, i know theyre making more of an effort now to reach out to the north of the county, but Kildare is definitely a team for the south, and i'd be lying if i said i hadn't been looking into the theoretical viability of a LOI club based within the triumvirate of Leixlip, Maynooth, Celbridge etc. A derby would draw the crowds i'm CERTAIN lol

BTW This isn't a shot at Kildare County or the south and i wouldn't count myself as a proper Shels fan (despite i think it being my avatar!), i'm more a LoI fan than any particular team, which i suppose is probably related to the lack of affiliation with Kildare... i've come full circle lol
    "Football's not a matter of life and death... its much more important than that"

http://pintofunspecific.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Damn Nordies!
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    There should be an affiliation between Celbridge and Kildare County already as the chairman is also the person that owns Celbridge Soccer Park which is where Kildare County train.
    Commuting between can be done by train (Hazelhatch to Newbridge). The trainstation in Newbridge is within 100 yards of the ground.

Celbridge aka C-Bridge aka The CBDG/Leeson Street
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hazelhatch is pretty far enough from the majority of Celbridge. Leixlip, Maynooth arent even on that railroad. Yer man might own it well and good, but most people dont even know Kildare County FC exists so it makes no difference really. Nobody is gona make the trip down there for A Championship matches.

The North shall never surrender!!!
    "Football's not a matter of life and death... its much more important than that"

http://pintofunspecific.blogspot.com

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Have you been around Station Road much? Alot of our players, both u20s and senior, come from the North Kildare area. Also, the Chairperson is based in Celbridge. Alot of fans come from the Coill Dubh area, as well as a decent amount from Prosperous and Maynooth. Not so many from Naas. A good few from Newbridge (obviously).

Middle of No Where, The Center of Everywhere.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Am I right in saying that the supporters club hierarchy and commitee were/are from Newbridge, Celbridge, Kildare, Prosperous, Coill Dubh, Naas with members also travelling from Meath, Dublin, Athy and thats just of the top of my head from the last two years anyway.
    Everyone needs something to believe in, I believe I'll have another beer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    was just wondering if kildare co will be playing in the 1st division this season, or are mervue coming up , hope its kildare great away day for us ..........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    As things stand at the moment it will be Mervue in the first and Kildare in the A-Championship. I dont really see that changing now. I thought Wexford made a great atmosphere in Station Road the last time ye were up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    thats bad news ,we enjoyed going to newbridge, hopefully you lads will be back up next year . station rd is a great venue the added seats on the other side of the pitch make the place now ,good luck for the coming season, SHOES OFF IF YOU LOVE THE YOUTHS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Am up in the North of the County meself, "by the banks of my own lovely m4", beside Enfield, even though you do get a bit of interest the odd time shown in the club around here, there's not enough interest to want to go to a game unfortunatly.

I do go along with the point about the problems regarding interest in a local soccer team in a rural GAA mad area like this, but still I shall still do my bit, to try and convince people around here to take some form of interest in County, for the next season in whichever league we are playing in.
    Its crazy to see people be what society wants them to be but not me.